mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Accuracy Tips (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/106626-accuracy-tips.html)

paintballnewbie 01-28-2010 06:34 PM

Accuracy Tips

How can i increase accuracy and is a regulator really worth it and do regulators work with HOA systems?

sorry about the run on sentence lol

Pif 01-28-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballnewbie (Post 1145793)
How can i increase accuracy and is a regulator really worth it and do regulators work with HOA systems?

sorry about the run on sentence lol

Regulators are definitely worth it. Consistency IS accuracy. Regulators work, but always check if your Home Owners Association allows them.

What the hell is a HOA?

Jinx 01-28-2010 06:49 PM

haha, also a good barrel with paint to match.

and practice

ASKA 01-28-2010 06:49 PM

What gun are you using? if its some BE starter gun, accuracy is alot to ask lol.

Most newer electronice guns need regs since they run on very low pressures.

accuracy is all about your barrel and paint. I would invest in getting some evil or marbs instead of that dimpled whitebox.

paintballnewbie 01-28-2010 07:05 PM

I'm just using a Tippmann 98 custom platinum.

stock barrel at the moment one of the 1st upgrades i'm gonna make is get this
10 inches Custom Products - 1-Piece Barrel

russc 01-28-2010 07:19 PM

A tippmann doesn't need a regulator. Also, paintball accuracy simply isn't that good. The CP barrel is a good one, but don't expect fireworks is all I'm saying. If you want accuracy, get closer and buy quality paintballs.

Mayvik 01-28-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballnewbie (Post 1145793)

1) Practice, better paint, better barrel, more consistent gun. CP barrels are pretty good, but I recommend buying a smaller bore size (.685 tops), as paint is typically pretty small these days. Depending on your school of thought, matching ball size to bore size, or having the bore slightly smaller, is generally best for efficiency, but also helps consistency as a tiny ball isn't wobbling around in an oversized barrel.

2) Regulation usually means more consistent gun (helping accuracy). If you're using a 98, especially if you're using CO2, investing in a Palmer reg like a Direct Stabilizer should get you a pretty noticeable difference over the chronograph (the more variation in speed you see, the worse your consistency, and likely the worse your accuracy).

3) Not all regulators work with all systems. I assume by HOA you mean HPA. Your HPA tank has a regulator built in that will typically output at either high (~800psi) or low (~400psi) pressure. Better tank regulators recharge faster and are more consistent. One thing to note is that many in-line regulators on the market are set up for "low" pressure outputs, 0-500psi or less. Many markers don't work well with low pressure, depending on how your 98 is configured, it's probably happier with 800ish psi input. Many/most regulators are not CO2 friendly at all. Some regulators have input limits, if you try to use a high pressure tank it might damage the regulator.

Please provide more details about your marker set up.

bman427 01-28-2010 07:48 PM

A reg will help efficiently in which case will help you shoot accurately because you won't have fps bouncing all over the place.

Actually a reg will increase your precision(amount of time you can hit the same spot closely, accuracy is how well you place a shot).

Personally I put a cp reg on everything, even mech guns.

Jinx 01-28-2010 07:58 PM

i can vouch for the fact that 98's hate low pressure. i was putting out 450, and it would barley crono 270, on a good day.

Whee McGee 01-28-2010 08:09 PM

Learn the limits of your gun. How far your shot travels, at what speed they travel, and how many you fire before that changes are all things you need to know if you want to get more accurate, in which I mean consistent. What barrel you use, what paint you use, how old the paint is, what the weather, humidity, and temperature is like, air source, angle of the gun, type of gun, how far away your opponent is, direction he is moving, direction you're moving....these all play into how you're going to shoot that day. The best way of finding all this knowledge out is by practice and experience. The more you play, the more you'll be able to take the information and get a better idea on how accurate you can be.

Generally, being more accurate means getting close enough not to miss. :)