mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   warranty question (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/164261-warranty-question.html)

dvunt 06-03-2011 10:33 PM

warranty question

this may be a stupid question, but im a nuke so i take things literally...

but from reading the ccm warranty: if i get the left/right feed tubes for the T2 after it is made and i put them on myself, does that void the warranty?

kb

What the warranty covers:

All CCM products are thoroughly inspected before leaving the factory and are expressly warranted to be free of faulty materials and/or workmanship. Normal wear and tear is not covered under warranty.

This warranty is invalid if this product is:

Damaged due to careless or improper maintenance, misuse, abuse or usage not in standard and sensible manner.
Serviced or repaired by persons other than CCM Technical Staff.
Modified, aligned, altered or tampered with

****CCM WILL NOT WARRANTY MARKERS THAT ARE NOT IN THEIR ORIGINAL MANUFACTURED STATE******

chammy 06-03-2011 11:00 PM

I have one more question to put to this thread...

If say I was to buy a CCM marker from an original owner, would warranty be void as I am not the "original owner"?

dvunt 06-03-2011 11:04 PM

i think you have to be the original owner with the receipt...

kb

Lifetime Limited Warranty:

Evidence of original purchase is required for warranty service (this is your sales receipt or packing slip).

Zapf 06-04-2011 12:27 AM

as long as you don't screw something up while changing the tubes, i wouldn't think it'd be a problem.

artguy63 06-04-2011 10:52 AM

when they say tampered with, they mean like taking a hacksaw, dremel etc to the gun. changing the tubes youll be fine.

Spoon 06-04-2011 11:08 AM

Also, removing the guide rods from the pump handle on the T2 would void your warranty. You can remove the torx bolts at the back of the rods..but not the rods themselves from the handle.

Tracker 06-04-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 1861079)
Also, removing the guide rods from the pump handle on the T2 would void your warranty. You can remove the torx bolts at the back of the rods..but not the rods themselves from the handle.

really? hmm that seems a bit.. odd

unless they arent threaded in.. then i could understand that

Tracker

tencent 06-04-2011 12:46 PM

Its because the rods are micro aligned. You DO NOT want to remove them from the handle end of things otherwise you'll botch the smoothness of the pump stroke.

Anyways, the warrant rules is just to prevent you from doing anything weird to the marker. They certainly wont mind you swapping their parts with more parts you purchased from them. But if you really just have to be 1000% sure call Mel.

Honestly though, do you think they would sell left and right feed top tubes if they had an issue with you swapping them out. They made it easy to do expressly for that reason.

Spoon 06-04-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tencent (Post 1861162)
Its because the rods are micro aligned. You DO NOT want to remove them from the handle end of things otherwise you'll botch the smoothness of the pump stroke.

Word.

Tracker 06-04-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 1861242)
Word.

i mean im not disagreeing that removing them would open a pandoras box of trouble, but i ffigure that my removing something thats removable ends voiding your warranty.. seems a bit odd

Tracker