mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Carmatech Engineering SAR12 paintgun... (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/193609-carmatech-engineering-sar12-paintgun.html)

JKR 02-26-2012 10:18 PM

Carmatech Engineering SAR12 paintgun...

A friend told me about this youtube video of a new prototype that will be in DC for the Expo next week. He has a friend that is making this 'gun. It looks very nice...not your run-of-the-mill swoopy electro we are so used to seeing!

Carmatech Engineering SAR12 Platform - YouTube

volunteer paintball 02-26-2012 10:22 PM

i love the modular internal platform. I really hope this marker isn't to expensive, I really want one.

ironchef97 02-26-2012 10:25 PM

Cool!

Exdee 02-26-2012 10:33 PM

I'll be watching this.

Matt Ribble 02-26-2012 10:34 PM

Now we just need to get the cost of a case of first strikes to be lower than what I paid for my first car.

Mr.Smith 02-26-2012 10:44 PM

Urgh, but the silly people made that really nice stock, and didn't even take into account masks. Whats the point of having a cheek piece, if you have a massive mask there? :bang:

-=ArchAngel=- 02-26-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2229673)
Urgh, but the silly people made that really nice stock, and didn't even take into account masks. Whats the point of having a cheek piece, if you have a massive mask there? :bang:

cuz then it looks like a real gun. XP

volunteer paintball 02-26-2012 11:28 PM

Its made to look and cater to the milsim side of our fine sport.

JKR 02-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2229673)

Probably would be fine if you were wearing a Dye I4! :)

Mr.Smith 02-26-2012 11:32 PM

I think they still could have achieved that, while doing something like so:

https://www.fubarius.com/pictures/match/T9001.JPG
(Fubarius gets the credit for this)
Source: Tiberius arms pic thread

-=ArchAngel=- 02-26-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2229756)
I think they still could have achieved that, while doing something like so:

https://www.fubarius.com/pictures/match/T9001.JPG
(Fubarius gets the credit for this)
Source: Tiberius arms pic thread

But it wouldnt look as "realistic" and that has a rail riser. IM sure the marker will be just fine with a rail riser. With I4s, i can look down the iron sights of an ar15. With a rail riser, im sure you could with any other mask as well. Plus, the CCM sniper rifle has the same thing with the stock being along the same level as the barrel.

joedirt199 02-26-2012 11:47 PM

pretty optomistic. better get those wallets filled first before this comes to fruition.

Bigtuana 02-27-2012 12:14 AM

Cool ideas, but lets wait until it's tangible before we make any real judgement.

Mar 02-27-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtuana (Post 2229845)
Cool ideas, but lets wait until it's tangible before we make any real judgement.

?????????????

are you nuts? Send your money now!!!! they have COMPUTER DRAWINGS!!!!!!

TrueTexan 02-27-2012 12:23 AM

^lol sarcasm....

No but really this marker looks pretty sweet.

PistolRogue 02-27-2012 12:25 AM

If it actually comes to fruition I'd consider buying it... lots of cool ideas at least and it does look pretty sweet. If it does make it to market it'll be interesting to see how it and the CCM sniper rifle compete....

sniper97 02-27-2012 12:26 AM

Neat design, well thought out, many unique/cool features...I agree on the stock, have you friend make sure it works with a paintball mask.

Either lower the stock (might be hard with the tank sliding into the back) or raise the sights.

nerdcore 02-27-2012 12:55 AM

I'm not even into milsim and i think it's pretty rad. Most excited about the bolt action, if it's cheaper than the limited custom runs of bolt-actions found on here.

russc 02-27-2012 01:15 AM

I ****ing LOVE it, but is it just vaporware right now?

pinkanese 02-27-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2229958)
I ****ing LOVE it, but is it just vaporware right now?

And its likely to remain vaporware. Also i would bet money it costs over a grand if it ever gets built. Unless they offer some stripped down model.

cirkle68 02-27-2012 01:32 AM

that is an ungodly long barrel

PistolRogue 02-27-2012 01:39 AM

Sadly I'm inclined to believe the same... I have no doubt that there is a market of people out there who would pay good money for such a thing (look at the CCM thread for examples), as an introduction to the market for their company, they sure are shooting for a VERY limited market. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me the odds aren't good.

Mr.Smith 02-27-2012 02:00 AM

It all depends on the price point, IMO.

PistolRogue 02-27-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2230008)
It all depends on the price point, IMO.

That it does, but quality and features cost money.... and this has a lot of features, and to be desirable would need to be pretty well up on quality standards as well. I don't see it being something that could be produced WELL for much less than $1000, minimum...

JKR 02-27-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkanese (Post 2229970)
And its likely to remain vaporware. Also i would bet money it costs over a grand if it ever gets built. Unless they offer some stripped down model.

Supposed to be at the Expo in DC this week, I assume with a working prototype. My friend told me that his buddy making this will have it at a game in May for the guys to drool over. Really hoping that I can make the game!

Price was never discussed but I am inclined to think it won't be cheap either.

Jackson 02-27-2012 11:49 AM

I found it much more enjoyable watching the video with the Benny Hill theme dubbed over. Much better than that crappy "epic hardcore" sounding excuse for music they used.

EDDAKA 02-27-2012 01:20 PM

Does this not remind anyone of the ccm sniper?

russc 02-27-2012 01:26 PM

its a niche that hasn't been filled - I guess ccm isn't the only one looking at making a bolt action rifle.

monty 02-27-2012 01:42 PM

WOW can't wait to see another pre-order thread!!! ;) lol just teasing! Seriously, all we have here is a drawing...

chadders 02-27-2012 02:06 PM

sounds like it cold be good

Bigtuana 02-27-2012 02:07 PM

I can't wait to see the cell phone picture from the expo... Then we can see all the rocket surgery.

Matt Ribble 02-27-2012 02:10 PM

I think if we were ever to see a mil-sim gun with true function over form, utility and quality we'd be looking at an ego painted black.

That being said coolfactor's pretty neat on this one

CarmatechEng 02-27-2012 03:36 PM

Message from SAR12 inventor

We are intrigued by the conversations and post being placed. Lots of questions, and do we have answers. This product will be coming out this summer, with preorders taking place at the expo this week. We have invested significant time and funding into two functional prototypes that are shooting First Strike rounds with precision. We have learned significantly with the production of these units and have revamped the "prototypes" to promote user functionality, ease of operation, and user adaptability. Lets start by answering some of the questions.
1) The cheek weld works as designed, and allows the mask to wrap around the check rest.
2) Our company is founded by a paintball scenario player that just happens to be a mechanical engineer. Our VP of Marketing happens to be a world famous professional tourney player. We bleed this game, and understand what Mil Sim players are looking for.
3) Quality is the name of our game. Each and every unit will be hand assembled by the engineer that designed the SAR12. Also not one manufactured component will be made outside of the USA. American Made, in honor of those who serve! More to follow, God bless

PS. Prototype images will be available on Carmatech Youtube Channel and
DreamHost tomorrow.

Droop 02-27-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmatechEng (Post 2230628)
We are intrigued by the conversations and post being placed. Lots of questions, and do we have answers. This product will be coming out this summer, with preorders taking place at the expo this week. We have invested significant time and funding into two functional prototypes that are shooting First Strike rounds with precision. We have learned significantly with the production of these units and have revamped the "prototypes" to promote user functionality, ease of operation, and user adaptability. Lets start by answering some of the questions.
1) The cheek weld works as designed, and allows the mask to wrap around the check rest.
2) Our company is founded by a paintball scenario player that just happens to be a mechanical engineer. Our VP of Marketing happens to be a world famous professional tourney player. We bleed this game, and understand what Mil Sim players are looking for.
3) Quality is the name of our game. Each and every unit will be hand assembled by the engineer that designed the SAR12. Also not one manufactured component will be made outside of the USA. American Made, in honor of those who serve! More to follow, God bless

DreamHost tomorrow.

good show!

I hope you guys really make it happen.

desertT1 02-27-2012 03:52 PM

Reversible mag is pretty brilliant. As is the modular firing mode assemblies. It's looking like a $1k+ marker to me, but there's nobody out there to compete with the T4. Looks like there are a few companies out there now looking to do just that.

subyrally 02-27-2012 04:26 PM

i like it, now if only i was able to make it to the show. granted, im only an our from DC, but i dont like going there, lol. that and i am busy with work and whatnot. either way, i cant wait to see actual pictures of this marker. id love to try it out on the field, but i guess that will have to wait.

chadders 02-27-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmatechEng (Post 2230628)

DreamHost tomorrow.

one question on the mags are they 2 12 round stacks or 2 6 round stacks, also can you get a uk seller please(it would not pass the border for a person who is not selling them)

Driek 02-27-2012 06:31 PM

Very promising. I hope this doesn't be come "the gun that never was". Shows great potential. Reminds me a lot of the Cheytac Intervention. Daddy like!

Echo 02-27-2012 06:38 PM

Subscribed. I'm hoping 21st birthday present :D

Timber_Ghost 02-27-2012 06:53 PM

This looks awesome. Really excited for the video of this thing.