mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Carmatech Engineering SAR12 paintgun... (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/193609-carmatech-engineering-sar12-paintgun.html)

Spec Ops 02-27-2012 08:14 PM

I for one Cannot wait for this to hit the ground running, and I for one will be one pre ordering at the Expo!!!! BATTLE BUDDIES FOR LIFE!!!!!

Fubarius 02-27-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- (Post 2229780)
But it wouldnt look as "realistic"....

Now hold on a minute there. I took great pains to design that stock to replicate an existing firearm stock. Specifically those found on a Tubb2000 match rifle...
https://www.whiteoakprecision.com/ima...dClint_t2k.jpg

Only difference is that I shortened the upper tube and lengthened the lower tube.

Hobbez 02-27-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmatechEng (Post 2230628)
We are intrigued by the conversations and post being placed. Lots of questions, and do we have answers. This product will be coming out this summer, with preorders taking place at the expo this week. We have invested significant time and funding into two functional prototypes that are shooting First Strike rounds with precision. We have learned significantly with the production of these units and have revamped the "prototypes" to promote user functionality, ease of operation, and user adaptability. Lets start by answering some of the questions.
1) The cheek weld works as designed, and allows the mask to wrap around the check rest.
2) Our company is founded by a paintball scenario player that just happens to be a mechanical engineer. Our VP of Marketing happens to be a world famous professional tourney player. We bleed this game, and understand what Mil Sim players are looking for.
3) Quality is the name of our game. Each and every unit will be hand assembled by the engineer that designed the SAR12. Also not one manufactured component will be made outside of the USA. American Made, in honor of those who serve! More to follow, God bless

PS. Prototype images will be available on Carmatech Youtube Channel and
DreamHost tomorrow.

In other words: "If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford to buy one"

melkson 02-27-2012 09:09 PM

The magazine system looks alot like the new D mags from RAP4.

Spec Ops 02-27-2012 09:10 PM

Go to this website for the prototype photo....

New Paintball Gun: SAR12 - Paintball News | Professional Gear, Scenario Paintball

-=ArchAngel=- 02-27-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubarius (Post 2231132)
Now hold on a minute there. I took great pains to design that stock to replicate an existing firearm stock. Specifically those found on a Tubb2000 match rifle...

Only difference is that I shortened the upper tube and lengthened the lower tube.

Sorry bout that. Didnt mean to come off that way. While it does look more like a competition style rifle, what i should have said was that it doesnt look as "milsim". It doesnt look as much as what we would normally see in Military use.

Megatron1 02-28-2012 07:58 AM

Dis?

https://www.propaintball.com/wp-conte...-gun-sar12.jpg

Driek 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubarius (Post 2231132)

But it's not in Call of Duty, thus not "realistic". :rolleyes: I still think you did a wonderful job Fubarius!

tangus999 02-28-2012 09:40 AM

Spaceball guns cost 1500 and people buy those.
If you make a product that is well made and wanted people will beat your door down..... Example apple products.
Less advertising more production:)

Jebus 02-28-2012 10:39 AM

I will be buying this pending reviews....and price!

D3adpool 02-28-2012 10:58 AM

Subbed!!!!

PistolRogue 02-28-2012 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My spies are at Extravaganza and have sent me this photo:

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...1&d=1330446350

So I guess that at least somewhat settles the "vaporware" debate. Although no offense to Carmatech, no pre-orders for me. Once some product is in stock however, I'll definitely be interested...

D3adpool 02-28-2012 12:37 PM

Very nice, PR. Keep em coming!

subyrally 02-28-2012 12:54 PM

want

Flint 02-28-2012 02:58 PM

The silly long barrel kills it for me... otherwise i would be all over it.

Arson24 02-28-2012 03:13 PM

let the battle of the magfed milsim markers begin

1) MCM K1 - $1600
2) SAR12 - $1000
3) Cheytac - $1000(confirmed)

lets see how these do

subyrally 02-28-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2232376)
The silly long barrel kills it for me... otherwise i would be all over it.

my bolt action cocker has a 20" barrel on it, as long as you arent in close quarters, it isnt really bothersome at all. even in cq situations, its not that bad. hell, i got into a snap firing battle with a speedball player in a cq field where i play. i was around a corner of a hut, he was behind a section of fence, maybe 20' apart. i ended up hitting him on the 4th shot or so, granted, this was playing with open sights and a 50rnd hopper.

point is, if you are running bolt action marker, i doubt cqb will be your primary objective, and even so, you can always put on a different barrel.

PoisonMarket 02-28-2012 03:24 PM

Will buy

D3adpool 02-28-2012 03:27 PM

Is the Cheytac for sale? I always thought it was a one-off build. Might also want to include's CCM offerings in here as well though the present model isnt mag fed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arson24 (Post 2232403)
let the battle of the magfed milsim markers begin

1) MCM K1 - $1600
2) SAR12 - $1000
3) Cheytac - $1000(confirmed)

lets see how these do

jjron99 02-28-2012 03:28 PM

Scenario dreams also has their custom sniper marker going for around $1500, supposed to be ready for summer 2012. I've seen videos floating around somewhere. It's the one with a rotating drum feed that you can use both their sniper rounds and first strikes.

russc 02-28-2012 03:30 PM

They cheytac was a custom build off of an a-5 reciever. As far as I know it isn't going into production.

The SAR12 could probably drop the price if they got rid of that ridiculous milled stock, which doesn't even look functional for paintball applications. It looks like billet milled aluminum, which while nice...is completely insane for a part of the gun that isn't functionally necessary.

Echo 02-28-2012 03:34 PM

Wait what about a Cheytac? Hogs Den?

cheytac

Tugboater203 02-28-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmatechEng (Post 2230628)
1) The cheek weld works as designed, and allows the mask to wrap around the check rest.

3) Quality is the name of our game. Each and every unit will be hand assembled by the engineer that designed the SAR12. Also not one manufactured component will be made outside of the USA. American Made, in honor of those who serve! More to follow, God bless

PS. Prototype images will be available on Carmatech Youtube Channel and
DreamHost tomorrow.

I'm a bit concerned that your mask could be accidentally removed by the cheek rest. I may be misunderstanding the intended use though.

I'm very happy to hear about a US made product. I hope it does well for you guys.

Arson24 02-28-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2232433)
They cheytac was a custom build off of an a-5 reciever. As far as I know it isn't going into production.

well it is, they sold that marker off as they could not get it to fire properly
sold it to some one in Canada.

now going to be introduced soon
mag fed
semi auto
but again $1000

Flint 02-28-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subyrally (Post 2232408)
my bolt action cocker has a 20" barrel on it, as long as you arent in close quarters, it isnt really bothersome at all. even in cq situations, its not that bad. hell, i got into a snap firing battle with a speedball player in a cq field where i play. i was around a corner of a hut, he was behind a section of fence, maybe 20' apart. i ended up hitting him on the 4th shot or so, granted, this was playing with open sights and a 50rnd hopper.

point is, if you are running bolt action marker, i doubt cqb will be your primary objective, and even so, you can always put on a different barrel.

And the point of running a 20' barrel? besides the looks?
Im all for making a marker look like this or that (Magfed user here), but there are limits to sacrifices of functionality and efficiency for looks.

This one doesnt even give you the choice to use a shorter barrel, thanks to the non detachable uber long shroud.

Id rather go with the CCM rifle, as it not only much more versatile, but also doesnt deal with snake oil...

russc 02-28-2012 04:49 PM

Who even knows if longer barrels affect first strikes.

Flint 02-28-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2232552)

They do.

Adversely.

D3adpool 02-28-2012 04:52 PM

Folks that are concerned about length and stuff it seems as if this version might just be building block #1. If you dont like this and that, I am sure there will be other options or tweaks that you might be able to play with:

Quote:

This project in its current form is the culmination of over two years of engineering, design, and analysis. Patent pending technology allow for bolt action to semi auto change over, and reversible magazine design. This design also allows for future change over to other chassis systems that will be released at later dates.

james 02-28-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2232552)

I forgot who, but someone posted that they had much better results with a longer barrel using first strikes because it allowed them to rotate more before leaving the barrel and thus giving them a further range.

Flint 02-28-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3adpool (Post 2232558)
Folks that are concerned about length and stuff it seems as if this version might just be building block #1. If you dont like this and that, I am sure there will be other options or tweaks that you might be able to play with:

IMHO the main problem is not really the marker it self,
i do get it, that its their first, and that they set a very specific goal for themselves etc.
Its that it comes with the statement about 2 years of engineering, design and analysis, yet it has a stock unusable with goggles, and a detrimentally long barrel, that you apparently cant shorten... See where im going there?

subyrally 02-28-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2232569)
i do get it, that its their first, and that they set a very specific goal for themselves etc.
Its that it comes with the statement about 2 years of engineering, design and analysis, yet it has a stock unusable with goggles, and a detrimentally long barrel, that you apparently cant shorten... See where im going there?

looking at the photo of the marker someone posted here, it looks like the stock is low enough for a mask. they also said that it has an autococker threaded barrel, tus you can put on any barrel you want.

if people are running bolt action, i seriously doubt they care that a longer barrel will cost them a couple extra shots before refilling the tank. it isnt like they are laying down suppression fire with it.

also, in my experience, the long barrels help with aiming at distance. that and mine is super quiet with thebarrel it has on it now, freak back with a custom 20" stiffi tip. i dont even need a "rain cover" for it, lol.

but yeah, to each their own, you dont like it, build your own or move on.

splattttttt 02-28-2012 08:02 PM

any videos of it shooting FS out of that mag?
Till I see, I have every reason to call shenanigans.

russc 02-28-2012 08:15 PM

Shouldn't be brain science to get FSRs to feed into a bolt gun.

2012 is the year of the paintball sniper! :thumbup:

JKR 02-28-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2232569)

Stock remains to be seen...the guy says it is usable so I will take him at his word until I see it disproven.

Barrel is a matter of preference. Do you think the guys in the market for a bolt action, stocked rifle care about short speedball barrels? As the old saying goes...to each his own.

D3adpool 02-28-2012 08:58 PM

^ agreed. Let's just be open minded until someone can get a proper review done. Let's be glad that hey we have something that looks like innovation in an industry where the norm is just to churn out the same product with minor upgrades.

Edit: this is clearly not a run and gun marker in its current configuration.

FarisPB 02-28-2012 09:12 PM

Yeh that's sweet but it looks very expensive

GoatBoy 02-28-2012 09:32 PM

DERP.

Magazine is reversible. That's kind of neat, I guess.

But can I load paint with my off hand into the half of the magazine that isn't engaged while it's on the gun?

https://www.enchantedbros.com/images/nope.avi.jpg

DERP.

mpsd 02-28-2012 09:57 PM

I like it but I bet it will be US$ 1K+. I also won't go into pre-orders ever again (I know, never say never but...) so I'm still waiting for CCM's new sniper gun.

D3adpool 02-29-2012 11:27 AM

Not sure if its mentioned here but the MSRP for this is confirmed at $1,000

Carmatech Engineering | SAR-12 | Paintball Marker

Echo 02-29-2012 11:55 AM

Aww man! That's just cheap enough to make me not ignore it and at the same time expensive enough to leave a massive dent in my college student wallet . . . I'm going to have a tough time sneaking this past my parents . . .