mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Carmatech Engineering SAR12 paintgun... (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/193609-carmatech-engineering-sar12-paintgun.html)

russc 04-11-2012 04:24 PM

I'd like to know if its a poppet or spool for starters. I assume its got a pneumatic triggered spool valve.

ironchef97 04-12-2012 05:49 AM

Hey..I just realized, this looks like an Accuracy International AX338.

https://www.accuracyinternational.com...fles/ax338.jpg

CrazyRuskii 04-12-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironchef97 (Post 2300141)
Hey..I just realized, this looks like an Accuracy International AX338.

https://www.accuracyinternational.com...fles/ax338.jpg

You watch Top Shot too? :p

ironchef97 04-13-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRuskii (Post 2300461)
You watch Top Shot too? :p

Yea lol. I wish they let real shooting experts demonstrate a full run through the challenges first, just so we could see how few shots or how quickly a true expert could finish the course in.

RepomanGene 04-13-2012 01:26 PM

I can't speak for everyone...but after playing with a few of my rifles over the course of my paintball years,I have never found my mask to be a problem while breaking paint on what I aim at.

so a " cheek weld " selling point falls on deaf ears here.


I do like the gun a little...would need to replace that stock with a CA tank, can't deal with a remote....may need to drop the rifle a pull out a blade for CQB

Full stock rifle paintball shootin' since day one!!!!

Arsenal 04-13-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RepomanGene (Post 2302120)
I can't speak for everyone...but after playing with a few of my rifles over the course of my paintball years,I have never found my mask to be a problem while breaking paint on what I aim at.

so a " cheek weld " selling point falls on deaf ears here.


I do like the gun a little...would need to replace that stock with a CA tank, can't deal with a remote....may need to drop the rifle a pull out a blade for CQB

Full stock rifle paintball shootin' since day one!!!!

Agree on both points. If I end up getting one, it'll have the 13ci-in-stock option. Bonus points for making it look decent, too.

GMAN1 04-13-2012 10:26 PM

This thing deserves way more than just bonus points for its looks IMO. Theres nothing else out there that comes close to it. I can't wait to start stocking these on my store shelves (and to use one too :p).

jjron99 04-14-2012 02:33 AM

Hopefully, it shoot as good as it looks.

TheHow7zer 04-14-2012 11:45 AM

I got thinking the other day, what if the included 18 inch barrel is rifled?

jjron99 04-14-2012 12:09 PM

It would be icing on the cake. Whatever your philosophy on smooth bore vs rifled, from what I've read from experiences of people here and from my personal experiences, First Strike rounds tend to like rifled barrel. It was a smart move making the SAR12 AC threaded. Barrel options are a dime a dozen. I don't have an Autococker and I even have one lying around.

uv_halo 04-14-2012 08:13 PM

It's a smoothbore.

-=ArchAngel=- 04-14-2012 08:26 PM

rifling would be nice for FS shooting, but i guess for production, rifling would cost waaaayyy too much to do.
Perhaps they'll do something about it in the future.

TheHow7zer 04-15-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2303745)
It's a smoothbore.

Just curious, where are you getting your info?

subyrally 04-16-2012 12:57 AM

if it is cocker threaded, why not just get a hammerhead barrel if you want rifling?

D3adpool 04-16-2012 01:15 AM

Hammerhead have those bore/fins that you need to attach to the end of the barrel in order for it fit, no?

Are there anyother manufacterer that make rifled barrels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subyrally (Post 2305223)
if it is cocker threaded, why not just get a hammerhead barrel if you want rifling?


uv_halo 04-16-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHow7zer (Post 2304317)
Just curious, where are you getting your info?

Sonny Lopez- When I emailed carmatech to ask questions about the gun.

subyrally 04-16-2012 11:43 AM

i havent sen any recently that are worth the effort to get. armison used to put out a decent rifled barrel, but i havent seen any in a while. at least with the hammerhead fins, you can get a proper paint to barrel sizing and there are a few options for barrels and tips, ect...

Gilks 04-16-2012 08:40 PM

It's definitely sweet, but I think you're definitely payin $1k for the looks. But then again... I think we all already know that ;)

The ability to switch bolts out is way cool though... I think we'll start seeing things like that more often, especially if people can get away without infringing on Carmatech's patents. And that dual mag? Why hasn't someone thought of that before??

GMAN1 04-16-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilks (Post 2306334)
It's definitely sweet, but I think you're definitely payin $1k for the looks. But then again... I think we all already know that ;)

The ability to switch bolts out is way cool though... I think we'll start seeing things like that more often, especially if people can get away without infringing on Carmatech's patents. And that dual mag? Why hasn't someone thought of that before??

The design they put forth and cost for materials, engineering, etc. is why it is so much. It is not all about just looks. If it was and they charged what they are I would not be selling these in my store. They have much bigger plans for this marker which I'm sure many of people will be very excited about.

Gilks 04-16-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN1 (Post 2306518)
The design they put forth and cost for materials, engineering, etc. is why it is so much. It is not all about just looks. If it was and they charged what they are I would not be selling these in my store. They have much bigger plans for this marker which I'm sure many of people will be very excited about.


Oh I would definitely say that they actual cost is going into materials and design, but I think the huge selling factor is that the cost of materials and engineering made this into something that really looks different and realistics, as if you were behind a real sniper rifle system.

I cannot deny some of those ingenious new ideas they have made for it though, kudos to them for that. And they seem like a pretty down to earth company.

Spec Ops 04-18-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilks (Post 2306556)
Oh I would definitely say that they actual cost is going into materials and design, but I think the huge selling factor is that the cost of materials and engineering made this into something that really looks different and realistics, as if you were behind a real sniper rifle system.

I cannot deny some of those ingenious new ideas they have made for it though, kudos to them for that. And they seem like a pretty down to earth company.

Im very proud to the Creater and Owner of Carmatech. There has been ALOT of time and effort going into this design. Every thing is been design in mind, or American made, and durability. Very few things are still being made 100% in america. Tippmann is even shipping things over seas now. (I'm ashamed in them) This plateform is going to be a great marker to own. Yes it is alittle pricey, but they are going to be doing things no other company has done. They are already thinking of the future in mind, and all remarks and taken consideration. This was the first chat forum it was debuted on. I would LOVE to say alot more but I can't. Carmatech is not going anywhere and we will see alot more good ideas come from them. And if you around WV and want to see the platform gun in action and get to shoot it let me know. It will be here May 26 for some playing. Just message me if you need and info, or directions.

JAWM 04-18-2012 08:37 PM

Wow, glad Gilks showed this to me!

I'm not a mil-sim kinda guy, but honestly, I would love to play with that!

JKR 04-18-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec Ops (Post 2309453)
Im very proud to the Creater and Owner of Carmatech. There has been ALOT of time and effort going into this design. Every thing is been design in mind, or American made, and durability. Very few things are still being made 100% in america. Tippmann is even shipping things over seas now. (I'm ashamed in them) This plateform is going to be a great marker to own. Yes it is alittle pricey, but they are going to be doing things no other company has done. They are already thinking of the future in mind, and all remarks and taken consideration. This was the first chat forum it was debuted on. I would LOVE to say alot more but I can't. Carmatech is not going anywhere and we will see alot more good ideas come from them. And if you around WV and want to see the platform gun in action and get to shoot it let me know. It will be here May 26 for some playing. Just message me if you need and info, or directions.


Hoping to make it down but it is so soon after Living Legends! The wife might kill me! :)

Besides seeing the SAR12, I love playing your field...hope to see you then.

TheHow7zer 04-22-2012 01:44 PM

Well, I just got an email from Sonny. Apparently the SAR12 beta has been pushed back to July. :(

tangus999 04-23-2012 09:05 AM

As much as that sucks from a players standpoint , from an engineering and design standpoint that's a good sign.

llaw999 05-15-2012 02:55 AM

Is there a regulator in this gun?

CarmatechEng 05-15-2012 08:21 PM

Regulator
 
Yes the marker has an internal regulator. In the video in which Sonny is going over the marker, you can see were the remote line was to attach. We have relocated the air input location, and have made the regulator adjustment in the location in which air would have entered the marker. In other words regulator adjustment is directly under the bolt.

If you or anyone else has questions regarding this marker you can contact me directly via email at DWilliams@sar12.com

God Bless

Keebler 05-15-2012 08:58 PM

So far all and all im pretty excited about this
The issue is im to poor to.buy it lol

CarmatechEng 06-27-2012 03:04 PM

Testing Video of Sar12
 
SAR12 Testing

Some video that was put together to show the first prototype at ranges up to 100 yards. It was lots of fun; however I think we will be trying to go out to 150 to 175 yards next time.

God Bless

Keebler 06-27-2012 03:15 PM

I couldn't see the hits at all

GMAN1 06-27-2012 04:00 PM

I was able to see most of the shots but some were faint. Great video Carmatech and very impressive at 150 & 300 feet. Can't wait!

Arson24 06-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHow7zer (Post 2314191)
Well, I just got an email from Sonny. Apparently the SAR12 beta has been pushed back to July. :(

:rolleyes:

figures...

Well from what I have gathered, they have come to an agreement with rap4 about the dmag patent......finally

Keebler 07-04-2012 02:50 PM

I saw that law enforcement gets a discount
If this is true how much of one. And what conditions are needed.

Syko89 09-09-2012 08:54 AM

Does anyone know what pb sites are going to carry this so I can ask for gift cards to said Site for xmass.

GMAN1 09-09-2012 06:36 PM

Double post mod please delete

GMAN1 09-09-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syko89 (Post 2469150)
Does anyone know what pb sites are going to carry this so I can ask for gift cards to said Site for xmass.

Military Assault Gear

Free shipping on this item and other perks i will give to forum members :)

Direct link to product:

SAR12 Paintball Sniper Rifle

I also teamed up with Condor and have made custom mag pouches for this. Because of the dual stack design the mags are wider than a traditional AR/AK mags so these types of pouches won't work. But now SAR12 owners need not worry :)

Syko89 09-10-2012 02:37 PM

Was all about getting this till after a quick phone call none of my home fields allow first strike rounds on byop days

GMAN1 09-10-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syko89 (Post 2470204)
Was all about getting this till after a quick phone call none of my home fields allow first strike rounds on byop days

Although this marker is optimized for FS it shoots regular paint as well. But you would want to be able to use FS with it at your field(s).

shangus11 09-10-2012 02:59 PM

websites dont work
 
gman tthe website you offered isnt available anymore cant get into it at all also i saw it on for $400 at WWW.BUYPAINTBALL.CA :::Speedball - Woodsball - Airsoft:::

shangus11 09-10-2012 03:01 PM

direct link BuyPaintball.ca :: Paintball Guns :: Carmatech Engineering SAR-12 ~PREORDER~


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC