mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   hand protection? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/262482-hand-protection.html)

pbkid37 09-08-2014 12:49 AM

hand protection?

What have you guys seen people wear to protect their hands other than specific paintball gloves? Tape? thin knitted gloves? I want to find something else other than paintball gloves.. I'm not a big glove fan but want hand protection

Marbo40k 09-08-2014 01:17 AM

I have seen all manner of gloves, tape jobs, guards, plates, you name it to protect the hands. I wear fingerless gloves or the built in slide gloves on my jersey. I used to see a lot of guys wear the "Mechanix" gloves. I can't stand to wear full fingered gloves personally. It's a trade off for comfort and protection. Knuckle hits usually don't hurt bad enough to need protection.

DoC19K 09-08-2014 01:24 AM

I wear the half fingered Planet Eclipse Gauntlet gloves or my jersey has hand protection built into it but I don't like full fingered gloves because I can't feel the trigger.

Tugboater203 09-08-2014 05:34 AM

I wear leather full finger mechanic's gloves.

Mathaeu 09-08-2014 05:57 AM

I have actually been looking for a pair of gloves to replace my BT fingerless, but everything I tried leaves black residue on sweaty hands. The BT's are comfortable but don't look the greatest

GanonsGrin 09-08-2014 06:51 AM

I wear Kobalt armored work gloves, from Lowes. They were 20 bucks, but they are thick and have worn well so far. They also have thick rubber spines over the knuckles and a thick pad on the upper side of the backhand.

Works for me anyways.

b-cuzz 09-08-2014 07:38 AM

Wells Lamont 836M Fingerless Mens Work Gloves, Stretch Canvas Back, Colors May Vary, Medium - Men S Fingerless Gloves - Amazon.com

Light, flexible, cheap, and I've used them for years. They're not the bulky version of reinforced that you typically find with a paintball-specific glove. I get them at walmart, so I can get all-black ones.

Spider! 09-08-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marbo40k (Post 3018367)
I have seen all manner of gloves, tape jobs, guards, plates, you name it to protect the hands. I wear fingerless gloves or the built in slide gloves on my jersey. I used to see a lot of guys wear the "Mechanix" gloves. I can't stand to wear full fingered gloves personally. It's a trade off for comfort and protection. Knuckle hits usually don't hurt bad enough to need protection.

The Mechanix mpact gloves come in full or half finger style. They breathe a bit too. I usually wear the half finger mpacts. I still have an old pair of leather drivers gloves that I cut the fingers off halfway and glued the exposed seams together with gorilla glue. Those are great for cactus fields.

Grendal50 09-08-2014 09:38 AM

I've used fingerless weight lifting gloves from walmart for a few years, they grip well and breathe nice.

Bored383 09-08-2014 12:06 PM

I like Thunderwear gloves . . . but they are hard to find