mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/canada/)
-   -   Paintball in BC (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/canada/298663-paintball-bc.html)

Marauder_Pilot 04-01-2017 03:45 PM

Paintball in BC

So I'm contemplating a move down to southern BC next year-don't know exactly where, but it'll probably be either greater Vancouver or the Victoria area. I haven't played paintball seriously in years (Last 'real' game I played was a scenario in the UK in, like, 2012), since all we have in the Yukon is sporadic (But decent) outlaw ball but I remember that there used to be a lot of magfed and limited paint going on in the area.

Any of that still happening? I'd love to blow the dust off my gear again and get out there.

freedummy 04-01-2017 04:06 PM

I don't know the southern BC scene well myself, but just a skip over the border into Alberta is Skyline. Reid is a rancher who runs several events on his land per year. There are usually a few magfed games, but the crowning achievement is a 3 day scenario/camping event every July. Lots of people arrive as early as Wednesday and stay until Monday for extra pick-up games.

This is year 12, about 3 deployments per day, scrimmage games in the evenings, meals provided, and plenty room for tenting and RVs. There's usually a turnout of 150 players.

Super69ur 04-01-2017 05:32 PM

He usually limits it to 150 players.

Marauder_Pilot 04-01-2017 05:40 PM

I've heard Skyline is great, some of my Ontario buddies made the trip in 2016 IIRC. Definitely on my radar.

SPLATTER-ZONED 04-02-2017 12:03 AM

Richmond Indoor Paintball. (my home field) They run 68 and 50 cal. depending on the day.

www.richmondpaintball.ca

North Shore Paintball. Smaller field, pump friendly. I always had a good time when I played there.

North Shore Paintball Vancouver BC Canada

Ambush Paintball. They gots the speedsball.

Ambush Paintball | Surrey, B.C. Canada | 604-812-2379 - Ambush Paintball

These are all within 5-25 minutes of driving time from the airport.

Cheers.

SZ

TorBomb 04-05-2017 12:49 AM

If you find your way out to the Fraser valley, check out Sniperz Paintball. Thats where I learned to play, and while it might be a smaller place, the owner is super friendly and has an uncanny skill at memorizing faces. He recognized me several years after I played there once.

anson 04-28-2017 09:06 PM

Sorry for highjacking this thread.
Going to bring my gear to BC next weekend.
Anyone have any recommendations where to place on victoria island?

nofxkid2005 04-28-2017 10:41 PM

Tnt has always been awesome.

Super69ur 05-01-2017 11:09 PM

Vancouver island has a few good spots.

Central Island Paintball - near Nanaimo. It's where I practice. Great mix of speedball with Rec. Just re-did their speedball field to fill regulation size, with brand new bunkers.

TNT is great. They only have one .68 calibre day a month though. Check their site for details on that.

Duncan also has finally opened their speedball field. No rec/woods all here. Just the weekly grind.

If I find out more, (just moved here 5 months ago myself) I'll let you know.