mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   3D Printing (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/)
-   -   What did you 3D print today? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/311939-what-did-you-3d-print-today.html)

knownothingmags 11-09-2018 12:20 PM

Heck yeah ty. You can do whatever you need. You know me. And thanks for asking.
That's awesome by the way.
You should see what else I'm making. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji41]

Rainmaker 11-09-2018 12:30 PM

What did you 3D print today?
 
Have you tried shooting a few shots with that barrel cover on? Curious to see how it holds up [emoji4]

And since you provoked my curiosity already... What else are you making??

Ty - I've been pretty satisfied with all my PLA prints as far as disability. The ONLY reason I've been using PETG more is for the higher heat resistance. My only other experience is with ABS, and I would say that it's a harder material, but also more brittle.

knownothingmags 11-09-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainmaker (Post 3532043)
Have you tried shooting a few shots with that barrel cover on? Curious to see how it holds up [emoji4]

And since you provoked my curiosity already... What else are you making??

Ty - I've been pretty satisfied with all my PLA prints as far as disability. The ONLY reason I've been using PETG more is for the higher heat resistance. My only other experience is with ABS, and I would say that it's a harder material, but also more brittle.

Yeah holds up great. I'm a big automag guy so think that play form. Working on final tests of some big stuff soon then I'll throw up my findings. Even though I've done this print in the past I lost the files and testing for old material so i started over

tymcneer 11-09-2018 12:42 PM

I need to get a seriously closeup picture of an unused pusher and one which has some wear to it, and see if this is real, or my mind playing tricks on me.

BTW, I looked up the price of those parts... $19 each plus shipping! I can 3d print them for about $1.50 each (Used the $0.35 per gram and $1 per hour of print time formula) Considering out company wears through about 100 of them per month, this *could* be a very serious savings in the long run.

Ty

knownothingmags 11-09-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainmaker (Post 3532043)
Have you tried shooting a few shots with that barrel cover on? Curious to see how it holds up [emoji4]

And since you provoked my curiosity already... What else are you making??

Ty - I've been pretty satisfied with all my PLA prints as far as disability. The ONLY reason I've been using PETG more is for the higher heat resistance. My only other experience is with ABS, and I would say that it's a harder material, but also more brittle.

My sig has a link to my current stuff.
But I am kinda secrative on some things.
Mostly because alot of my printed stuff will be machined. As I can get them started.

tymcneer 11-09-2018 01:22 PM

I am still looking for a model of the Rotor bottom shell, so I can do some work on the box rotor to DAM magazine model. ;)

Yes, I am being super lazy and not building the model myself... The DAM mags were enough of a PITA to convince me that figuring out the Rotor's measurements would make me crazy (er) than I already am.

Ty

knownothingmags 11-09-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 3532061)
I am still looking for a model of the Rotor bottom shell, so I can do some work on the box rotor to DAM magazine model. ;)

Yes, I am being super lazy and not building the model myself... The DAM mags were enough of a PITA to convince me that figuring out the Rotor's measurements would make me crazy (er) than I already am.

Ty

I have a footprint for the rotor internals that fit the internals really well. But I shelved my warpless rotor project. And who knows what folder that project is in. Maybe the one labeled warpless rotor? Who knows.[emoji16]

tymcneer 11-09-2018 01:58 PM

You know... If you just send the entire hard drive, I will happily sort it out for you ;) It will only cost a copy of the data ;) ;) ;) LOL

Ty

knownothingmags 11-09-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 3532073)
You know... If you just send the entire hard drive, I will happily sort it out for you ;) It will only cost a copy of the data ;) ;) ;) LOL

Ty

Lol yeah.[emoji16][emoji2957][emoji41]

Rainmaker 11-09-2018 02:22 PM

There's a lot of winking going on here, ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC