Interesting. That reminds me a lot of the Ghost Flanker mod for Automags.
It is the Hammer7 to DAM mag frame. The H7 body would need some milling to make it work. I think a piece to take up some of the open space would be a good idea also.
Here's something I worked up last night. A super simple tac light mount for my PPQ. The flashlight is one of those free w/purchase deals from Harbor Freight, so quality it is not, but it seems to work well, though granted I haven't shot it yet. The flashlight floats in the mount, so I can push it into the trigger guard to press the button. The slightly larger OD of the knurled sections prevents it from working it's way out under recoil (hopefully).
The mount itself is two pieces, with a middle section that interfaces with the accessory rail of the PPQ, and the screws go through it to prevent the mount from moving. If I tighten the screws too much it binds the flashlight so I may need to widen the middle section to prevent that, but otherwise I'm happy with it.
I have these on the printer right now. MCS charges almost $40 for theirs. I'm printing mine for about a buck.
(Photo from Thingiverse)
I has someone here ask if I could print a test piece to determine if the dimensions are correct... One of the two has a hole where the threads belong, and the second, on a whim, has the 10-32 threads printed in the hole. Surprisingly, they were really close to being usable. I decided to run a tap through to chase the threads, and all I cut was a very light dusting of shavings. The Creality Ender 3 is remarkably accurate.
Some specs on the print...
ZYLTech black PLA
200C hot end
60 mm/s print speed
200 mm/s travel speed
0.1 mm layer height ( that makes a world of difference)
7 mm retraction
Printed on the Creality Ender 3 with the borosilicate Creality glass bed, and an improved fan duct.
On to the eye candy...
The same person also asked that I attempt an angled version of the same piece. I assumed that the part was going to turn out badly, as there is usually a terraced effect whenever there is a slope to be printed...
I was very pleasantly surprised. The entire piece came out looking far better than I would have expected.
Those turned out great!
Yes they did, and I was super impressed.
My next "project" besides cleaning up the storage room, and the shop is to print a ducted fan to be used as a chip clearing device from the mill, rather than using compressed air from the loud air compressor... If all goes well, I *might* be able to sell one of the two I use in the shop now :)
I was practicing printing Autococker barrel threads.
With my Ender 3, I have to use a 3A tolerance in Fusion360, or the threads are too tight. I have also found a lubricant makes all the difference in the world, as PLA seems to want to gall very easily. I was using coco butter, as it was handy, and it was a container that Jen did not like.
3 unsuccessful and 1 successful test...
A mostly successful print. The barrel can be used for testing, but the shank is about 3/16" short as it broke loose from the build plate with about 10 minutes left of a 7 1/2 hour print :(
Another thing to consider is that PLA likes to flow when under pressure. So, what's within spec today may not be a week from now if it's left screwed in tight.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC