mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   entry cost to the emag game (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/317266-entry-cost-emag-game.html)

440SUPERCOMMANDO 01-03-2019 10:38 PM

entry cost to the emag game

as the title says, possibly a little unclearly, i would like to know a ballpark figure on what the major/essential components for an emag build run.

a standard 45 frame (i don't want a y or z frame)
appropriate valve (idk which valves are for what purposes)
i guess the front "block" with the electronics in it
a vertical feed body (idc which one really, just no silly tactical rails etc)

have i missed anything major?
were emags blind? if so that's fine, i have a Vlocity, if not can they be run blind? just curious.

as a note, i am not looking for wall art here, i don't believe in wall hangers, i play with my gear, and i play hard. i just want reliability. doesn't have o be pretty, i can do a rattle can job to make things look uniform without butchering things.

anyway, just a quick schooling on them, and a suuuper round price for the major components would be really helpful

thanx in advance for any and all info!

dkv23 01-03-2019 11:08 PM

So first thing an emag frame is it’s own thing and are only available in 45s, the block in front is purely a battery. The electronics board etc are all in the frame. Typically you will want an emag valve or x-valve. Your best bet would be to contact paintballdna or Superman to get parts and pricing.
-Duncan

440SUPERCOMMANDO 01-03-2019 11:18 PM

what are the essentials? and are there any parts that are absolutely best purchased new, if available?

nofxkid2005 01-04-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SUPERCOMMANDO (Post 3547674)
what are the essentials? and are there any parts that are absolutely best purchased new, if available?

That whole frame assembly, battery pack, and electronics are pretty necessary if you want an EMag. Kinda non-negotiable on that..

El Gringo 01-04-2019 02:07 AM

If you are interested I have a complete frame assembly, board (I believe AGD 1.36 firmware), house charger, no battery as it bleed out and caused some damage to the battery case (perfect for an anodizing job), sear $155 shipped and pp
I think I have a stock emag rail for an extra 25

El Gringo 01-04-2019 02:14 AM

Quote:

Batteries. New

vintage 01-04-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

very few if any new parts left. there are some very good condition ones around however.

superman 01-04-2019 02:23 PM

I have some emag frames, I also have a complete phoenix emag build for sale aswell.

big things to keep in mind. almost all batteries need to be replaced if it has been sitting. chargers are getting hard to find. I have some homemade chargers that i will only include with frames or builds.

as far as tuning i suggest you have it setup by someone that knows what they are doing. emags are unique and are a bit different than a standard mech mag.

shoot me a pm i can help.

punkncat 01-04-2019 02:38 PM

I sent you a PM as well.

vintage 01-05-2019 09:43 AM

if your willing to go stock with stainless body and twist lock barrels then a complete working marker should be around $350.00 to $450.00 used. most likely your going to want to have it re-annoed and then you have to decide if you want to change the body to a ULE or one of the more expensive after market ones that use cocker threaded barrels. Mags can be a worm hole of customization that you never get out of. AGD, Tuna and Big Evil can all tech them for you and I know there are others as well. you might contact Tuna(Tunaman5@verizon.net) and see if he can build you one from parts he has, they won't be new but you will receive a complete working marker that way.