mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Autocockers (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/autocockers/)
-   -   9/16...11/16 (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/autocockers/318454-9-16-11-16-a.html)

der cockermeister 05-09-2019 08:10 PM

Aside from manufacture and operating pressure/ post regulated volume advantages, the rear body o-ring on 11/16 valves should theoretically convey a gain in efficiency.

The_Hyren 05-10-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der cockermeister (Post 3584113)
Aside from manufacture and operating pressure/ post regulated volume advantages, the rear body o-ring on 11/16 valves should theoretically convey a gain in efficiency.

Id wager that rounds to zero. The jam nut has an oring and not much air will escape through the threads. The cup seal stem fitment in the valve body and having an oring probably makes the real difference.

magmoormaster 05-10-2019 06:29 PM

Most jam nuts do not have o-rings, and those that do only have them to prevent it from loosening up. Due to its placement, it's not going to seal anything.

I do agree that the rear o-ring is probably minimal in terms of air savings, though.

der cockermeister 05-11-2019 11:26 AM

Key word was theoretically. It should have at least as much effect as going from an o-ringless bolt to a ringed one would, though.

cfos00 05-20-2019 06:40 PM

I just had some crazy results with a couple of guns with the valve being the main difference. Not sure what kind of voodoo is going on here.

So a normal reflex autococker (autococker with R/T system, not Dye's version) is a pre-2k marker, so 9/16 valve. I have turned down valve stems on stock valves, but otherwise almost the same set up as a 11/16th version of my new reflex kit in an ID cocker. That valve is one of Simon's new ones. The bolts are the same, and barrels are all freaked. The 3 ways are different as well, but pretty much otherwise the same. The ID cocker got 400-500 more shots out of a 100ci 4500psi tank.

That's a crazy difference. I've run my pre-2k cockers with low and higher pressure. I've had tornado valves in there. I just don't know how it's such a massive difference. Is there any kind of inherit efficiency difference?

magmoormaster 05-20-2019 07:35 PM

The difference in valve design can be huge. You said you have a stock valve in the reflex? Like, stock 90s brass valve? Yeah, those suck for efficiency. Unless you have an ID valve in that, it's not comparable at all.

cfos00 05-20-2019 08:51 PM

Same stock valve design as the eclipse supercharger and about half the other valves on the market, with the valve stem cut down by about 50 percent. They actually have worked better than full aka set ups for them. Had tornados in there too, including with mighty max/unported barrel/3 oringed bolt