mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   IIsports unable to open cardboard (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/319121-iisports-unable-open-cardboard.html)

Macdave06 03-09-2019 01:05 PM

IIsports unable to open cardboard

Just a little rant here...

I put in a couple offers on IIsports eBay items and asked if shipping could be combined for said items. One lot in a medium flat rate, and a spyder velocity adjuster. The response I got when I asked was "Sorry these items are prepacked in flat rate boxes". I tried very hard not to come off like a d#$!, so I simply said "Can the boxes not be opened?". Still awaiting a reply, but come on, it's a cardboard box. Cut the flaps open on both boxes. Place the small item in the large box and apply tape.

mlzplayer111 03-09-2019 01:25 PM

What? They complained about the BOX? Thats a little snobbish to say the least...

Macdave06 03-09-2019 01:26 PM

Basically they're saying since they've already sealed the box they can't put anything else in it.

msm0711 03-09-2019 07:08 PM

And thier shipping is rediculously priced. I've been tempted by a few of thier lots but refuse to pay $20+ shipping for things that can all fit in a flat rate box

spece108 03-09-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msm0711 (Post 3566098)
And thier shipping is rediculously priced. I've been tempted by a few of thier lots but refuse to pay $20+ shipping for things that can all fit in a flat rate box

Agreed. I wanted 3 mini pods, they wanted $36 for shipping. It would cost me $3 to ship those first class. They won't even ship flat rate boxes to my zip.

Mar 03-09-2019 09:33 PM

maybe they are drop shipping?

msm0711 03-09-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spece108 (Post 3566137)
Agreed. I wanted 3 mini pods, they wanted $36 for shipping. It would cost me $3 to ship those first class. They won't even ship flat rate boxes to my zip.

Pretty sure I just sent you one, lol.

Macdave06 03-09-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mar (Post 3566138)
maybe they are drop shipping?

They're used items, so I don't think they're coming from an outside source.

By the way, they never responded. I'm perfectly ok if there's a logical reason why it can't be done, but their lack of response leads me to believe there is no reason.

b-cuzz 03-09-2019 11:15 PM

One person is prolly the whole shipping department. Take a pic, box it up, list it on ebay until it sells. It's not likely very cost-effective to break down what's already packed up to combine the orders for mostly used/clearance parts. Unfortunate, but it might make sense to them. I haven't bought any of these lots yet, though.

paintzapper 03-09-2019 11:55 PM

My experiences with them in the past is that they packaged these things up, wrote the box number on them and put them in the stockroom.

I also think this is done by a handful (if not, less) of people and I am more than certain they get these questions constantly. I can understand their end, not wanting to open up the box just to see if you can fit more in them. Constantly trying to play shipping tetras on boxed up stuff can get time consuming really quick.

The boosted shipping cost may be a leftover habit from ebay days gone by where they hide some of the product cost in the shipping charges.