mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   3D Printing (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/)
-   -   PGP2 Replacement Parts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/319942-pgp2-replacement-parts.html)

JonM 04-25-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth (Post 3580477)
Have you looked into getting a bigger nozzle?

Not yet. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea though. I can't imagine that I'd lose much detail on parts like these with a wider nozzle. The most detail on this model is in the knurling. I wouldn't think that thicker layers would affect the appearance much. Although, I'm sure that the curved surfaces would have more stepping to them.

I'm really not looking at producing these either. I've pretty much taken the stance that I like to design and print something then move on to the next project. I tried printing batches of parts for sale before and it just sucked the fun out of 3D printing for me. So, I'll post the STL files for anyone who wants them and keep pushing forward with new ideas.

lordkyleofearth 04-25-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 3580482)
Not yet. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea though. I can't imagine that I'd lose much detail on parts like these with a wider nozzle. The most detail on this model is in the knurling. I wouldn't think that thicker layers would affect the appearance much. Although, I'm sure that the curved surfaces would have more stepping to them.

I'm really not looking at producing these either. I've pretty much taken the stance that I like to design and print something then move on to the next project. I tried printing batches of parts for sale before and it just sucked the fun out of 3D printing for me. So, I'll post the STL files for anyone who wants them and keep pushing forward with new ideas.

I know what you mean there. Nothing sucks more than not printing a part for yourself because you're printing a pile of parts for someone else.

Rainmaker 04-25-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth (Post 3580492)
I know what you mean there. Nothing sucks more than not printing a part for yourself because you're printing a pile of parts for someone else.

Yeeeaah... some of us just gotta learn that lesson the hard way ;)

The money is nice though

JonM 04-25-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainmaker (Post 3580496)
Yeeeaah... some of us just gotta learn that lesson the hard way ;)

The money is nice though

Yeah, why do you think I didn't try to go toe to toe with you on the Drop 10? :ROTFL:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC