mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   3D Printing (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/)
-   -   VL Revy Lid (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/3d-printing/320769-vl-revy-lid.html)

Iyguy 04-29-2019 04:59 PM

VL Revy Lid

Hey MCB, I was wondering if anyone has a file or has made a VL Revy Lid? Been using an old Pringleís Lid for some time now kinda wanna get something more durable.

Thanks
-Iyguy

knownothingmags 04-29-2019 05:42 PM

I have one somewhere. But it has a ton of other stuff in it. I'll see if I can piece it and see if it's still any good. I have a ton of options in it too, as separate configurations if I'm correct. Speed feed lid, single shot, 50rnd shell, etc

Iyguy 04-30-2019 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knownothingmags (Post 3581453)
I have one somewhere. But it has a ton of other stuff in it. I'll see if I can piece it and see if it's still any good. I have a ton of options in it too, as separate configurations if I'm correct. Speed feed lid, single shot, 50rnd shell, etc

Wait what?
You have a 3d Printed Revvy Lid?
You have a 50rd Revvy Shell?

knownothingmags 04-30-2019 01:23 AM

Yeah, it was a long time ago, and I have no idea if its 100%. Been about I'd say 7 years ago. Looked tonight couldnt find much yet.

lordkyleofearth 04-30-2019 09:30 AM

Does it need to be see-through?

Iyguy 04-30-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knownothingmags (Post 3581561)
Yeah, it was a long time ago, and I have no idea if its 100%. Been about I'd say 7 years ago. Looked tonight couldnt find much yet.

Thanks for taking time to check.
If you find that 50rd Revy i’d Be interested in the plans for that

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth (Post 3581624)
Does it need to be see-through?

No sir. Just a lid better then Pringle’s can lid

GanonsGrin 04-30-2019 11:15 AM

A regular VL hopper lid should work for this if that’s all you need replaced. If you have an old one lying around I would just cannibalize the lid for your revy. I’ve done that with a couple of mine

Iyguy 04-30-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GanonsGrin (Post 3581643)
A regular VL hopper lid should work for this if thatís all you need replaced. If you have an old one lying around I would just cannibalize the lid for your revy. Iíve done that with a couple of mine

Well since the only good two hoppers that VL ever made were Revvys and Velocity Jrís. And Jr lids wonít fit in a Revvy. And if I had another revvy Lid I would already have it on and this post wouldnít have been made.

So thanks for your 2cents but Iím hoping to find plans or someone that can 3d print a lid for me.

GanonsGrin 04-30-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iyguy (Post 3581769)
Well since the only good two hoppers that VL ever made were Revvys and Velocity Jrís. And Jr lids wonít fit in a Revvy. And if I had another revvy Lid I would already have it on and this post wouldnít have been made.

So thanks for your 2cents but Iím hoping to find plans or someone that can 3d print a lid for me.

Well I didnít say to use a lid from another revy, but Count me out for any advice in the future then. I was going to offer to send you the parts for one if you didnít have one handy and needed one, but good luck :thumbup:

FatalBigBird 04-30-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iyguy (Post 3581769)

The milky colored vl200 lids apparently work(and are much more durable). You can find vl200s all day for a couple bucks. Ans gear also has universal speed feeds that fit a revy starting at about $3.