mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What were they thinking!?! (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/322179-what-were-they-thinking.html)

Pump Gun Enthusiast 06-21-2019 04:04 PM

What were they thinking!?!
 
1 Attachment(s)
So I just got a bunch of smart parts girly posters and a set of those james bond parody posters in a massive eBay lot, this one in particular made do a double take. Shocktopussy :ROTFL:

Attachment 70494

DocsMachine 06-21-2019 04:17 PM

They were thinking the same thing the makers of the original movie were: That the majority of their viewers were over-hormoned young males. :D

Why do you think all the paintball guns have names like "Intimidator" or "Shocker" or "Dark Angel" or "Ego"? :D Who'd buy a marker called a "Snuggle" or a "Fluffy Kitten"? :)

Therefore, who'd want a movie-parody paintball poster based off of, say, "Home Alone" or "Dumb and Dumber"? :D

Doc.

DavidBoren 06-21-2019 04:18 PM

This is how SP killed paintball for everyone...

paintzapper 06-21-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocsMachine (Post 3594310)
Who'd buy a marker called a "Snuggle" or a "Fluffy Kitten"? :)

I would rock the hell out of a marker called the "Fluffy Kitten" especially if it were milled/engraved/etched into the side.

Trbo323 06-21-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocsMachine (Post 3594310)



Why do you think all the paintball guns have names like "Intimidator" or "Shocker" or "Dark Angel" or "Ego"? :D Who'd buy a marker called a "Snuggle" or a "Fluffy Kitten"? :)



.

You are aware that you are posting on mcb and not pbn right?

Junglepeanut 06-21-2019 04:33 PM

Shocktopussy..........

packersrule729 06-21-2019 04:42 PM

God, I love paintball subculture. What a world.

Riot 06-21-2019 04:47 PM

Where can I get a snuggle marker?

Dusty Bottoms 06-21-2019 04:47 PM

To be fair, it wouldn't fly today of course but it was of that era, and most of their marketing seemed pretty effective comparatively. I've never actually bought a SP marker, but SP is about the only major company that really understood marketing, advertising and promotion very early on in the 90's. Certainly my beloved AGD never came close to this understanding. Tom Kaye is a inventor/science guy, the Gardner's are savvy salesmen/businessmen. They knew how to sell, beyond the 'word of mouth' understanding alot of companies had. Their catalogs and magazine advertisements usually looked much more professional than anyone else at the time. I think later only Planet Eclipse really came to match their level of quality in advertising and marketing. Even SP's barrels came with little mini catalogs to promote their product line, I have one from a NOS 90's era All American barrel I got a decade ago. That's called selling, and thats the one thing I'd say they were really good at besides barrels and adjustable regs.

magmoormaster 06-21-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocsMachine (Post 3594310)
They were thinking the same thing the makers of the original movie were: That the majority of their viewers were over-hormoned young males. :D

Why do you think all the paintball guns have names like "Intimidator" or "Shocker" or "Dark Angel" or "Ego"? :D Who'd buy a marker called a "Snuggle" or a "Fluffy Kitten"? :)

Therefore, who'd want a movie-parody paintball poster based off of, say, "Home Alone" or "Dumb and Dumber"? :D

Doc.

I seem to recall a joke about that...

The Whiteboard, a somewhat paintball-related webcomic by "Doc" Nickel

The added layer of irony about being "PC" is pretty funny, now that I think about it


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC