mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   What do I bring to a Scenario event? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/322600-what-do-i-bring-scenario-event.html)

dcroenne 07-08-2019 07:48 PM

What do I bring to a Scenario event?

I've never been to a scenario and I was wondering what I should bring besides what is explicitly listed on their site. It's a DMS scenario event in Colorado btw.

The Flounder 07-08-2019 09:00 PM

Lots of water

Salmon 07-08-2019 09:05 PM

Camping or staying in a hotel?

dcroenne 07-08-2019 09:07 PM

Driving up, it's close and its 1 day

superman 07-08-2019 09:07 PM

water and snacks that go a long way. i normally bring a large pack of those nature valley oats and honey bars. easy to stuff in a pocket. you can eat a few and not be starving. if not that then some packs of crackers or protein bars.

several pairs of socks and a spare pair of shoes. plenty of clothes including 2 sets of playing clothes. enough spares to rebuild your marker once or twice. new batteries for hopper, marker, radio and more than 1 set. electrical tape and duck tape. everything that will go wrong will do so in like the first hour of a scenario. (shoes rip, clothes rip, first mission in the middle of a lake, where said gun breaks)

if you are prepared for those types of things it will make it go much smoother.

Peaches 07-08-2019 09:16 PM

NSAID pain relief meds, cans of soup, camping chairs, 55 gallon trash bags (can be used as tarps/poncho/water resistant bed roll/etc) and toilet paper are the "extras" that I bring to scenario/away games.

Spider! 07-09-2019 08:14 AM

I found that I need a spot to sit out of the sun now. I used to stay on my feet for 10 hours of play, snacking in between, but I am down to 6 now. Mostly my feet to blame, but a break really helps.

GanonsGrin 07-09-2019 08:18 AM

A camelback water carrier is also quite helpful. I also try and keep Gatorade at base camp to replenish throughout the day if the heat is intense.

Cash for food vendors might be something that would be forgotten.

If I remember anything else that hasn’t already been mentioned I will chime back in

Spider! 07-09-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GanonsGrin (Post 3598064)
A camelback water carrier is also quite helpful. I also try and keep Gatorade at base camp to replenish throughout the day if the heat is intense.

I have a nice camelback, but I don't like to use it often. Depending on the size of the field, the heat, and the style of play going on, it can be more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes it's absolutely necessary, other times I'll stuff a bottle in a pocket or just end up back at the camp or car often enough.

pearcem 07-09-2019 08:39 AM

Sunscreen, bug repellent, and some way to carry some water or food.

Some scenarios I am on an off the field enough that food/water isn't a huge issue, but some I will end up being out for 3-4 hours at a time.

Nice, clean change of clothes and comfortable shoes for afterwards.