mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Airplanes and paintball gear? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/325129-airplanes-paintball-gear.html)

akpaintballer98 10-17-2019 02:46 AM

Airplanes and paintball gear?

Taking a trip to Wisconsin for Christmas, looking to play with the family at some indoor fields around the area. Has anyone flew with their gear howís it work any issues? Thank you

spece108 10-17-2019 03:38 AM

It's sports gear that flies in checked luggage. Screwing the reg off your tank is the only major issue. If you're traveling and staying with family, perhaps you could mail some stuff. Your little vert phantom :)

NONOBLITUS 10-17-2019 06:43 AM

I have traveled twice with gear on Southwest and checked the gear as luggage. I told them when they were checking me in and then both times they take a quick look asking if I had any air tanks which I did not because it was a Phantom. I would say maybe rent a tank at the field your going to or pull the Reg Like Spece108 suggested. Oh , make sure you call it a marker also to avoid the gun word.

Spider! 10-17-2019 10:01 AM

If you get a loaner or rental, remember it may not play like your own. That's probably fine, but it is not the same.

Besides the weight and size, the pressure and flow may be different from what your marker is setup for. It may not be a big deal, but it can throw you off. I don't even like swapping my own tanks around.

I arranged a loaner at an Automag charity event one year. I was getting shootdown on my pneumag when the games got busy. It turned out the bottle reg was an old CP, which would commonly have trouble keeping up with an Automag. That was probably why it was a loaner in the first place. :rolleyes: Kind of made my pneumag pointless, but it worked out since we had a mixed group anyway.

The Flounder 10-17-2019 10:03 AM

You cannot take 12 grams in your luggage. Anything else just follow the advice above. I usually print out the airlines policy and have 2 copies. On in the luggage with the equipment and one in hand when you check in.

Greenmtnphantom 10-17-2019 10:39 AM

Where did Weltman's writeup on this go... He had everything all spelled out for us.

jellyghost 10-17-2019 10:40 AM

I would suggest disassembling it as much as possible. Just so it doesn't resemble a real gun. The phantom must be the best marker to fly with.

Mr Idiot Box 10-17-2019 10:54 AM

No need to disassemble. Remover your tank regular wrap the bottle with the TSA rules regarding paintball equipment with a rubber band place it in checked luggage only. I also like to use TSA approved locks and get luggage insurance. (It’s cheap especially if you are flying with expensive stuff)

TSA knows what paintball is. People fly with gear all the time. It’s not a big deal just follow there rules about removing the regulator or they will take your tank and throw it out. If you are running 12g I would buy them when you get where you’re going.

I have never had an issue flying with gear I travel all the time with it. I have had gear stolen that’s why I don’t fly without insurance. Most Credit card companies offer it cheap.

Trbo323 10-17-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box (Post 3621788)
I have never had an issue flying with gear I travel all the time with it. I have had gear stolen thatís why I donít fly without insurance. Most Credit card companies offer it cheap.

Is this travel insurance?

Can you explain that a little more please

Gabe 10-17-2019 01:13 PM

Seeing just the title and thought this was a for sale ad. I was disappointed.