mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Best Man Speech (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/328270-best-man-speech.html)

Jello78 02-13-2020 07:49 PM

Best Man Speech

hey guys,
So my cousin is getting married in April and he chose me to be the best man. Since we both love hockey and the same team. I wanted to make the speech a "Hockey Theme." I've been looking everywhere for some tips and tricks. But I'd figure I would ask on here.... Is anyone on here good with best man speeches or is there a site that I can use to help me out? I don't know how to piece this together to make it flow properly. Any help would be great!

Cunha 02-13-2020 07:59 PM

You should sit down and think about your Cousin and everything you know about him

You should think about him becoming a real man and more of one every day as he deals with the challenges of adulthood and marriage and probably parenthood

Remember who he is and who you hope he will become as he gains this experience, and celebrate his finest features.

And then give a heartfelt speech.

ScottyBeans 02-13-2020 08:01 PM

Also you gotta make sure to roast him a little

Jello78 02-13-2020 08:03 PM

I made some bullet points but i still got some more to jot down. He was the best man in my wedding recently (black Friday). and I don't want to mimic his speech. I want to be different.

Cdn_Cuda 02-14-2020 12:52 AM

First, make sure you write it down! Was at a wedding years ago the best man got up in front of everyone and froze. The guy never recovered and just left. Worst part was he bragged for weeks how good his speech was. Don’t be that guy!

Write down several different speeches. See what you like. Best speeches are honest, and from the heart, but don’t forget to get the odd shot in as well. Find someone you trust, read the speech to them so you’re comfortable with it. And don’t make sure it’s not too long.

NONOBLITUS 02-14-2020 06:01 AM

Just Say “LETS GO BRUINS” but I see Jersey Shore so I’m guessing Devils. I’ve done a few of these here speeches and don’t over think it. I love Hockey as much and it would be cool to get the two of them sharp looking New Hockey Jerseys for the team you guys love and present it to them before the speech and go into the strength and team devotion of how Hockey players can represent the strength of a great marriage. Make it fun but not to serious You don’t need to make it super sappy just from your heart man. Good luck and whatever you come up with your buddy knows you care or you would not be standing up there. Cheers and oh yeah “ LETS GO BRUINS”

ilivlife 02-14-2020 08:25 AM

General best man speech tips

What ever you write limit it to 2 mins.
Mention the bride at some point
Don't give the speech hammered
No overly embarrassing stories
No inside jokes/stories that only you and groom get
Write it down, no reading from a phone or memory

killerito 02-14-2020 09:32 AM

If it’s not his first wedding you by law must open with welcom back everyone.

Other then that simple and sweet is the way to go. The obligatory roast.

As with most speeches you should know what your gunna say well enough that you don’t need to read it word for word.

Jello78 02-23-2020 08:30 PM

omg that's funny. but no, this is his first.

freedom 02-23-2020 08:34 PM

lets go devils... rangers suck! :ROTFL: