mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/canada/)
-   -   Southern Ontario Ballers: Fall Castle Conquest Bus trip (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/canada/39380-southern-ontario-ballers-fall-castle-conquest-bus-trip.html)

Marauder_Pilot 05-20-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROOKIE (Post 404564)
This sounds like an awesome idea. I don't want to bring up bad karma, but do you think it would be hard to get across with a bus load of pb markers? I have never tried to cross the ditch with my gear so I don't know how hard it is or what regulations or forms you have to follow. Has any one played south of the border before?

There's gonna be about 100-ish Canadians crossing the border for D-Day this year, and we're not expecting any issues. We should be fine.

weekendballer 05-20-2008 09:31 PM

where would you be crossing into the states at?

Marauder_Pilot 05-20-2008 09:34 PM

Windsor or Niagara, most likely.

Neo_samurai 05-20-2008 10:56 PM

when do we have to give a definite answer by?

sparky 05-21-2008 10:11 AM

I'm still really watching this thread and trying to figure out a way to join you crazy people from Ontario.... I'm curious on the status myself.

Moosepatrol 05-21-2008 11:12 AM

Okay guys I asked for a quote from a bus charter that is local to me. The bus sizes vary but I asked for a quote on a 47 person charter leaving friday morning and leaving EMR at 5 p.m. sunday night. That will give us friday night, saturday's big game and the pump game on sunday. All of this is of course adjustable (meaning the times). I will post the cost when I receive the quote.

Marauder_Pilot 05-21-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 405011)
I'm still really watching this thread and trying to figure out a way to join you crazy people from Ontario.... I'm curious on the status myself.

Fly WestJet into Toronto, I know they have seat sales a lot between the major cities. They've got a seat sale on right now that can net you a flight from Edmonton to Toronto for about $300, which is pretty good. I don't know how much it'd cost from Hinton to Edmonton, but I'm sure you've done that before anyways.

Hyjinx 05-25-2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosepatrol (Post 405057)
Okay guys I asked for a quote from a bus charter that is local to me. The bus sizes vary but I asked for a quote on a 47 person charter leaving friday morning and leaving EMR at 5 p.m. sunday night. That will give us friday night, saturday's big game and the pump game on sunday. All of this is of course adjustable (meaning the times). I will post the cost when I receive the quote.

Sorry for the delay in response, I had a brain fart and forget I was looking into this! I did hear back from my mate, but he's out of the bus business so that nicked that idea. He did forward me onto a rep with his old company who was going to get a decent rate by declaring us a "non-profit" organization group. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'll follow up with him on monday and see if i can get us a number and when we'd need an answer by!

Marauder_Pilot 05-25-2008 12:13 PM

Non-profit? Hell, with our collective tastes in markers, we're negative-profit!:p

Jon. 05-25-2008 08:09 PM

I know my buddy would like to go to this, if this trip gets organized I'd be driving from NB to wherever the bus is in Ontario, so I'd probably have 2 extra seats for carpooling.