mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten... (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/41142-pumpplayers-org-gone-but-not-forgotten.html)

JKR 05-26-2008 01:29 PM

pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten...

Although I used to post at pumpplayers.org quite a bit, I haven't been there much over the past year or two. Today I go to the site to poke around a bit and it's gone - domain up for sale.

Is it gone for good? Anyone know what happened - did Brentifer and BigChiefMunkey decide not to keep it going or just forget to pay a bill? Traffic was very low so I figure it is down for the count.

Now when I wear my pumpplayers.org t-shirt, no one will have any idea it even existed. :(

Pump_Geezer 05-26-2008 08:29 PM

JKR
It appears that the site was inactive for a little over a year. My first clue was that the sites Icon Library disappeared. I will also miss the site as it was one of the first that I joined.
Pump_Geezer

russc 05-26-2008 08:34 PM

Yeah, I became a member there when I was first considering buying a Phantom - my first "real" gun.

JKR 05-26-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pump_Geezer (Post 408990)
JKR
It appears that the site was inactive for a little over a year. My first clue was that the sites Icon Library disappeared. I will also miss the site as it was one of the first that I joined.
Pump_Geezer

I think I had posted in the forums less than a year ago. However, time flies. Now that you mention it, the last couple of times I hit on the page, there were no graphics so I moved on thinking there was a glich.

kidneythief 06-03-2008 08:00 PM

I used to hang out there along time ago also. Thats where I used to sell those orange speed caps back when I was still in highschool.

-Jake

Ryantuomi 06-14-2008 07:41 PM

I used to hang out there online too.. played on a joint Pump Players Internet Group/Team Internet Pump (PPIG/TIP) team at skyball 2001...

https://www.members.shaw.ca/tuomicent...l/DSCF0185.JPG

Painthappy 07-23-2008 11:29 PM

Sometimes these things come full circle. I started my pump loving days at www.pumpplayers.org

I bought my Phantom off of Hans who used to be there.

Always wanted to join up with you guys at skyball... Never made it before that venue closed down.

I remember getting into collecting back then, and when I already had a rare or old gun or I just couldn't afford it, I wanted to post my finds.

The guys at www.pumpplayers.org really did not like the idea of posting ebay finds and I got a lot of flak for doing it a few times.

So, I created my own forums and started posting my ebay finds to share with the rest of the collectors and gun whores of the world.

I still loved pump and to this day still play and promote it, but I also use other guns and broadened my style of play along with it.

So long story short, pumpplayers.org shut its doors. Sad to see it go. Today, it came up for release. For some strange reason, I just had to have it. It's the site that started all this (in one form or another). Call it an ironic twist of fate, or just me paying homage to the site I thought really stood out above all the others back during those days, and one that I called home for a short while.

russc 07-23-2008 11:36 PM

You redirected it to this thread! :D

Brewtt 07-24-2008 01:23 AM

MCB domination +1

:cool:

DSA 07-24-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy (Post 464061)
Sometimes these things come full circle. I started my pump loving days at pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten... - mcarterbrown.com

I bought my Phantom off of Hans who used to be there.

Always wanted to join up with you guys at skyball... Never made it before that venue closed down.

I remember getting into collecting back then, and when I already had a rare or old gun or I just couldn't afford it, I wanted to post my finds.

The guys at pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten... - mcarterbrown.com really did not like the idea of posting ebay finds and I got a lot of flak for doing it a few times.

So, I created my own forums and started posting my ebay finds to share with the rest of the collectors and gun whores of the world.

I still loved pump and to this day still play and promote it, but I also use other guns and broadened my style of play along with it.

So long story short, pumpplayers.org shut its doors. Sad to see it go. Today, it came up for release. For some strange reason, I just had to have it. It's the site that started all this (in one form or another). Call it an ironic twist of fate, or just me paying homage to the site I thought really stood out above all the others back during those days, and one that I called home for a short while.

I still remember when this place got its start back when ebay finds were easy pickins :old:

I always loved the logo.