mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Desert Duck Info.? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/8338-desert-duck-info.html)

rsjyss 12-25-2006 11:36 PM

Desert Duck Info.?
 
All....

Doesn't anyone have an numbers on how many Desert Ducks where built from Earon? And how many were Slammys or Slam Changers? I know Earon was making them in the early to mid 90's.

I've searched on the net and heard there was a batch of 20 or 25 and a few were built after for people who close to him etc.

Any info. appreciated.

Thanks
Roger

Listessa 12-26-2006 12:10 AM

https://www.vintagerex.com/cgi-bin/in...20Duck%20Works
The VintageRex page has some facts, not sure how true the numbers are on it.

That top picture you see of the DF model is the one I have sitting across the room from me.

rsjyss 12-26-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Listessa (Post 73521)
https://www.vintagerex.com/cgi-bin/in...20Duck%20Works
The VintageRex page has some facts, not sure how true the numbers are on it.

That top picture you see of the DF model is the one I have sitting across the room from me.


Thanks for the info...... I knew the 20-25 number was a bit low......

I know the Slammy's were a bit more rare than the normal Ducks. But any Duck is beautiful, rare and nice!

Not sure how many Slammy's Earon made after 1995, but I have chinese lucky Number 8! :)

Listessa 12-26-2006 12:24 AM

Very cool!
Looks GORGEOUS too. =)

Wait a little bit and see if anyone else chimes in with numbers. I have no idea off the top of my head or anything, but someone else probably will. :D

rsjyss 12-26-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Listessa (Post 73530)
Very cool!
Looks GORGEOUS too. =)

Wait a little bit and see if anyone else chimes in with numbers. I have no idea off the top of my head or anything, but someone else probably will. :D

Hey... those 7 pics from the The VintageRex page shows my duck! :) Same one below but with the Beach Blitz T in the background. I remember taking those pics way back! lol

Thanks for the compliment... sorry to highjack your thread in the General Chat room.

Looking forward to others input. I know back in 95-96, Earon was only going to make a total 11 Slammy's... not sure if that number went up since?

Here's a picture of Slam Changer Number 8 with at most 50 rounds fired through it in the past 12 years. Actually it's the first time I've seen it since 2001, as it's been stored.

https://i13.tinypic.com/48ptun7.jpg

Shiba-Kun 12-26-2006 06:58 PM

Ken Kidd (Ex-Navarone player) was the actual guy working on the post Dave Loo Ducks when Earon was still in his Rosecrans digs.

Ken still lives in Hawaii as far as I know. Maybe you could get in touch w/ him through Hawaii All-Star Paintball or some place like that.

Hope that's at least a lead for you.;)

rsjyss 12-27-2006 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun (Post 73716)
Ken Kidd (Ex-Navarone player) was the actual guy working on the post Dave Loo Ducks when Earon was still in his Rosecrans digs.

Ken still lives in Hawaii as far as I know. Maybe you could get in touch w/ him through Hawaii All-Star Paintball or some place like that.

Hope that's at least a lead for you.;)

Thanks for your reply and info., I'll look him up. I read in some posts you have your share of Ducks and history as well!

BTW finally found the velocity adjustment tool, spare parts and the hand written instructions on how to take it down as well as warning you of the dangers of a slam changer! :)

https://i17.tinypic.com/29p2qtx.jpg

I'm like a kid in a candy store... I remember going over all this stuff back in 95 when I first got it. It hasn't lost it's beauty and everytime I see it, I'm in awe! :)

Shiba-Kun 12-27-2006 11:30 AM

Dave was basically out of paintball for a couple years. He really got into his music career and I think that became his passion for awhile. Plus I think he was really burnt out from the Shiloh/Desert Duck experiences.

When he started to get back out and playing that when he decided to throw some Ducks together using the parts he had in storage. That's when the first set of Stock Ducks came out and also when Earon & Dave started rolling out the new batch of Ducks.

Ken was really awesome w/ his handicraft so he was a natural in putting together the more "custom" orders for Earon. For example he picked up checkering trigger frames almost immediately. Guys like Mikey from GBD handled more of the "production" work.

c6quad 12-27-2006 02:08 PM

very nice Duck!!!

what was the price of a new Duck back in the day?

rsjyss 12-28-2006 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c6quad (Post 74019)
very nice Duck!!!

what was the price of a new Duck back in the day?

If my memory serves me correct back in the day (1995)... regular ducks fetched between 1000-1300 bucks. That's if you could get one.... I know some people who waited 8-12 months for their ducks, some ordered but never got one.

Hell back then... my Bob Long Auto-Cocker and EVO was about 900-1000bucks! :) But the craftsmanship on the Ducks were awesome, so at the time a steal!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC