mcarterbrown.com  

Pump Guns Is there anything more pure than a pump gun?

Old 05-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

RTR Duckslide - Charity Raffle

Okay,

So this is my first time doing this. I recently picked this gun up, and realized that between less playtime, getting my collection narrowed down to what I really want, and some medical issues, I don't really need this guy. Rather than just sell it, I thought I would raffle it as a charity fundraiser.

So here's how this will work. All funds that I receive (after PP fees) will be donated. I will pay for shipping to the US or Canada.

The donation will be made to The Semper Fi Fund , a 501-C which helps wounded post 9/11 veterans (of all branches) and their families. They provide help in many different ways, but primarily help with covering costs of specialized care, travel, and specialized equipment for veterans when military health care or the VA won't cover the costs (adaptive housing, adaptive transportation, etc.). For more information see:

https://semperfifund.org/about-us/mission/

And Charity Navigator Score:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=11708

EDIT: I plan on updating as tickets are paid, then showing a receipt at the end as proof of donation. Alternately, you can donate to the Semper Fi Fund, and show me proof via PM'in me an image of the receipt.

Tickets: $10 a piece, 4 for $30 (this holds true for all increments of $30, so $60 gets you 8 tickets, etc.)

Buying Tickets: PM me for details with how many tickets you want, and I will send you my email address.

Time: Like I said, I have never done this. I will see how well this goes over 2 weeks, then make a determination on whether I will extend or do the drawing then.

Drawing: I will use a random number generator, and post the results.

The Gun: The gun is the "Darkwing Duckslide", and RTR/CCI hybrid with a duckslide. The anodizing is done in a Darkwing Duck theme, and the slide is much more purple in real life. Anno done by TONSIXERS.

It has an RTR trigger, frame, bucket changer, Nelspot feed with Gargoyle feed gate. The body is dual slotted, and it has a Phuzzard mod. The BBA is from a traccer, so it's much shorter than the CCI. Slide was milled to clear the BBA before anodizing.

The barrel is a shortened PHD .681 control bore, anodized to match the body.

The gun also comes with a case and spring kit.

Quirks: The gun has one quirk. In the bottom picture, you can see that the hole in the grip for the rear thumb screw is bigger than the screw (right side of screw hole in 3rd picture). This means that when you cock the slide, the hammer hits the valve, and actually pushes the valve body backwards, which allows the hammer to move back, and not catch on the bolt (right in the picture).

I fixed this by putting a smaller piece of metal in the screw hole in the grip frame. It serves as a spacer, and holds everything in place. If you wanted, you could JB weld it and re-drill the screw hole in the grip frame, or put a set screw in the valve body.

My way fixes it, but is obviously less permanent. It has worked completely fine the two times I have shot it like this, just wanted to be honest about the condition.

This gun is loaded with rare parts, has awesome custom work, has a great pump stroke, and all the money goes to a great cause!

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

Last edited by pearcem; 05-31-2017 at 12:14 PM.
pearcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stay Stock Classy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
That's a sweet gun, and this is an awesome thing you're doing! I have no hesitation to get in on this raffle, only thing I have a problem with is how can we guarantee all the money gets donated. Not that I don't trust you, I'm sure you only have the best intentions, but maybe people can go to the donation website and give the money directly, then send you a copy of the confirmation receipt? Also means no money lost to paypal fees. Just a thought to make things a little less sketchy.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

That works for me as well. I was planning on posting the receipt afterwards with a. Donation total, but receipt proof of donation works for me!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

How random will the random number generator be? Are we talking about the RANDNUM function in Excel or the C++ Mersenne Twister function? I think it's important to make this as independent as possible because you can pick and choose winners if Excel is used.

Regardless, this is awesome and I might have to buy some tickets.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Great guy and a great cause. Thanks man!
jon1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Great cause, beautiful marker, props for doing this! I'm in, but in the bizarre chance I win you have to send it to a random MCB green member. Deal?
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was going to assign every "ticket" an equal fraction of one, then use rand in excel to do an approximate lookup for a match.

For example, me and Tim each buy one ticket. In excel, my number will be 0, Tim's will be .5

With an approximate match vlookup, any rand() generated below .5 will go to me (woo!), and anything over .5 will go to Tim.

I will refresh the lookup, say, 100 times, and the 100th time will be the official winner.

I am sure some of the more tech savvy people could tell me other ways to do it, but I am comfortable with that, and if there is a way to rig it, I am not smart enough to do it.

Last edited by pearcem; 05-26-2017 at 09:57 PM.
pearcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third of Five View Post
Great cause, beautiful marker, props for doing this! I'm in, but in the bizarre chance I win you have to send it to a random MCB green member. Deal?
Deal!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm in after the 1st of the month, I don't really really need anything stick class but then again I've never had a duck. Thanks for putting up something cool for a good cause.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pump

Excited about this. No matter what, multiple people benefit. Happy to contribute, even happier if I win.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Pump Guns