mcarterbrown.com  

Pump Guns Is there anything more pure than a pump gun?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
I need this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
Its weird because people don't seem to bat an eye at $700 for a new CCM, but $625-650 for an acid wash revolution with a full sizer run was scoffed at.
No auto-trigger is what kept me away. At least at full price. I snagged one off of ebay a while ago for $325 and that felt about right. Maybe people that didn't like the Phantom pump stroke weren't willing to take a chance? Tales of double feed problems? Could've been anything really. Or nothing.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

^ true the variable of not really knowing what the expect vs. a tried and true sniper platform would play a part. My Revolution ran great once I learned how to properly setup it up but there was a little learning curve even as a long term phantom shooter. Ultimately I let it go since the regular phantom is just home for me.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
...Ultimately I let it go since the regular phantom is just home for me.
This is the impression that Mike left with me.

Further thoughts and feeling in the CCI forum with this thread - Sooner or later...

Honestly, market spike or not, I think it's worth talking about this now rather than later. That's why I started the thread linked above.

All that said, Mike made it pretty clear he wasn't retiring tomorrow, so I wouldn't read too much into this blowout.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

I saw this post before anyone else had posted. Looked at them and said to myself ill figure it out in the morning.

Yup that wasn't the best idea.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Have always thought the Revolution lacked the critical mass of users needed to discuss experiences, trade tips, etc. As a result, anecdotal comments by 2-3 people have greatly shaped perceptions of the marker.

Hopefully a few more folks getting hands on them here simultaneously will produce more dialogue and Youtube videos than there've been to date. Talk it up, gang!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Never Productive

Don't know about other people, but mine actually got here today. As my first pump and really my first nice marker, I am really impressed. These things are seriously nice. I'm really looking forward to getting out and playing with it.
(Plus, it came in 2 days!)

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
Have always thought the Revolution lacked the critical mass of users needed to discuss experiences, trade tips, etc. As a result, anecdotal comments by 2-3 people have greatly shaped perceptions of the marker.

Hopefully a few more folks getting hands on them here simultaneously will produce more dialogue and Youtube videos than there've been to date. Talk it up, gang!
Yeah, I never really heard info on it. I'm getting back in after a few years and because of the closeout I thought I'd try my hands on one. And if it isn't for me I'm sure the turnaround price can't change much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam-I-Am View Post
Don't know about other people, but mine actually got here today. As my first pump and really my first nice marker, I am really impressed. These things are seriously nice. I'm really looking forward to getting out and playing with it.
(Plus, it came in 2 days!)
I'm in no rush as I need to buy a new mask and see if I still even have my old tank or buy a new one since it's been what feels like forever and it's not in my old gear bag. But I moved a couple of times. So I just ordered with the cheapest UPS shipping hoping I'll play within the month. Update me on how your first experience with it is if you don't mind. And what's the rest of your setup? I'm going to go with a proto primo and just buy a 13/3k tank. Perfect to never have to bring pods or re-air up between games at my local field when I played with my T2's or Phantom or Sniper back in the day.

Last edited by Pr3mium; 04-24-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Never Productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
Update me on how your first experience with it is if you don't mind. And what's the rest of your setup?
I don't mind at all, I just don't know when I'll be able to get out next.

My current setup is just the Revolution with one of the small Brass Eagle hoppers and a Ninja 50/4500. I felt like it was pretty well balanced, but I might just get 13/3000 as well to lighten things up and for smaller games.

Initial impression just from shooting it a bit is really good. I don't have any other pump experience to compare it too, other than holding some Phantoms and a Sniper in a shop, but the pump stroke is really short and smooth, and it shoots really well. Super excited to get out and play with it.

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
I feel like this isn't the thread to talk about it, or even if it should be talked about publicly, but Mike also said he's looking at moving into retirement. Not right away, but in the coming years. I imagine that's another reason to blow out the revolution stock.

It breaks my heart a little bit.

binson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll try mine with a bit of spring feed action this year.... I got it from Mike three years ago....

Walker
"Where You Wrap Up the Day, With Beer and Bengay!"

Nelson Owner's Group
My Feedback!
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Pump Guns