mcarterbrown.com  

Pump Guns Is there anything more pure than a pump gun?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

they are on real guns but i dont know about paintball guns. i dont even know if it works though it might be a loudener.
Super Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

still up for offers, anyone?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

bump
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Did a lot of checking on legality of silencers in Washington state a couple months ago. What I gathered from the law is that it isn't illegal to build or posess a silencer in Washington, however it is illegal to use it on a firearm. Per Washington law, paintball markers and airguns are not firearms. However there is some language regarding said silencers being fixed and not transferable/adaptable to a real gun which makes it an iffy endeavor.

That said, I've seen MANY "silencers" in use at several fields in Washington and Idaho.
spacecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

ive seen tons of them also, and honestly i just dry fired the gun a couple times and it didnt really sound any different so i may just be for looks. ill leave it on there, and whoever buys it can throw it away if they want or they can use it, up to them.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

You can legally make one silencer. There is an application and tax that is applied. That isn't one silencer per gun, or once/if it wears out you make a new one. It's once in your life. I think the fee is $250. That said -- sale of a silencer is illegal. Doesn't matter it's intended use (paintball vs. real firearm.) Federal law trumps state law in this matter.

My best advice is that you sell it sans the silencer. Why risk having the ATF knock on your door?
fwyhktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

well i guess why take the chance, silencer is heading into the trash as we speak. gun will come as pictured without the silencer, if it is a silencer, asking 150 OBO.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
wow it's amazing none of the member jump in to inform you of rain cover....

Anyway the piece of the tip is known around here as rain cover, if you post in the ask the expert forum, people maybe able to identified it for you.

The rain cover is a gray area, while it is not illegal, there isn't a clear law on the use of rain cover.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

ok so it may be possible that this isnt a homemade rain cover and that some custom shop made it?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Is it stuffed with what looks like polyester fill? Paper towel? Anything that looks like it is designed to muffle sound? If so, regardless of if it works or not, it is a silencer/suppressor. If it's just a hollow tube on the end of the barrel then you are fine.
fwyhktown is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Pump Guns