mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Barrel question Gargoyle owner's

So I've been trying to see what kind of barrels I could use with my gargoyle. So far no good I tried my cocker threaded ccm kit, cocker threaded deadlywind, and phantom threaded frantom none seem to be able to thread into the breeches or adapters. What barrels are you guys using besides the stock cci?

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
RTR
Post Whore

Are you using cocker bushings inside the pump handle? Not using the Phantom ones that come with the gun.

Did you remove the barrel adapter and are you threading the cocker barrels directly into the body of the gun?

If you are doing the above it seems impossible that you are having this trouble. Feel free to pm or email mail me.

Last edited by RTR; 01-28-2010 at 11:34 PM.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thanks for the quick response Rodney. The issue isn't the pump handle bushings. On the frantom barrel I've had problems with getting those on phantoms period so that one really isn't an issue. The thing that I did notice on the cocker threaded barrels is that they start to thread then seem to hit the inside of the body I think I can remedy that by possibly sanding the inside of the body but don't wanna ruin it if I do it improperly. When using the cocker barrels I am threading them directly into the body without the adapter. Also I did notice inside the breech it isn't 100% smooth thus needing to sand it down as I stated.

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
RTR
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacolex View Post
Thanks for the quick response Rodney. The issue isn't the pump handle bushings. On the frantom barrel I've had problems with getting those on phantoms period so that one really isn't an issue. The thing that I did notice on the cocker threaded barrels is that they start to thread then seem to hit the inside of the body I think I can remedy that by possibly sanding the inside of the body but don't wanna ruin it if I do it improperly. When using the cocker barrels I am threading them directly into the body without the adapter. Also I did notice inside the breech it isn't 100% smooth thus needing to sand it down as I stated.
hmmm. You should not need to do the sanding at all.

Two things:
If any sanding needed to be done, it would be the barrel more than likely.

What you may have is this. Did you take the gun apart and possibly remove the stem that secures the frame to the body? If you did, you may have the stem sticking up to high inside the gun. That, is what your barrels would be hitting. From your 'screws in then stops' description I would bet that is what you have. If the barrel was not going to fit then it would not screw in at all. Take a look inside the breech. That stem should not appear at all and is countersunk for this very reason.

I am banking on that being the simple issue. No need to sand or wreck your barrel finish.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers