mcarterbrown.com  

Rainman's Custom Corner MCB member Rainman229, does some excellent custom work. See what he can do for you...

Old 01-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #81 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

Finished up Sheridan rails, got some more stuff to setup the anodizing. Short a few little things now. Only about $100 bucks away from complete. The Sales of a few rails helped me get closer.

Working on something for work. Should be done with that today. Little adapter piece.

I've been out of anodizing to long as I come to find out. I was pricing dyes. And the company I dealt with has tripled their price of black dye.. I used to pay $56 bux for 8gals worth of dye. It's now $156 for the same 8 gals and $39 for 2 gal. Damn What the hell are they smoking, cause I want some too.

Also I've come to realize. As I get older. Running these machines irritates the hell out of my ears. Timing belts running at over 3k rpm are loud. and at the cutting strain and get even louder. Think it's time to invest in some Bluetooth noise canceling head phones.
Hopefully I can buy a pair of cheapes, if that works half way decent will invest in a good pair later.

RM

Making paintball fun again

feedback https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #82 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

More stuff in for the anodizing. Went to hook up the wash section and come to find out the water valves leak like I siv. From never being used. It's the outer opened seal that leaking so shouldn't be that big of a deal to fix.. But getting closer.

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have back up and running. As long as I can find my cables. Don't really want to go out and by 8 gauge wire again. Think it's in one of the I'll get to it later boxes under the bench. Or in one of ah I don't need this now boxes on the shelf. lol

Some new chemical to try should be here as well. Will post what it is and does if it works. I have no problem sharing cheap tricks with everyone.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #83 (permalink)
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman229 View Post
I have no problem sharing cheap tricks with everyone.
And for that, we thank you
Old 01-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #84 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

Well Valve issue has been fixed. Simple clean fixed it.

Chemicals showed up. Now to set that up. Going to be tricky finding the ratio.

Still waiting on a heater for the dye. Fish tank heater ain't going to work any more As they figured out how to make them sealable so you can't bypass the 98deg temp. Bastards. I don't have the time and funds to find the one that will work. So went with an other option That's controllable.

Still waiting on few more things to come and day off. So I can make a run for some buckets and get this going.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #85 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

Oh on top of all that my 3 year old daughter had a temper tantrum yesterday and broke a 4 month old Vizio 55 ultra hd. And I'm SOL with it. As it was a gift. They won it and didn't want it and knew I could use it.

Wish I returned it and rebought it with the replacement warranty. Wasn't thinking. Will the next time I get a big ticket item as a gift.

Last edited by Rainman229; 01-11-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #86 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

Well I'm in the middle of re arranging the house. God I hate my life.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #87 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

House is done. Now the garage is upside down. Due to every amazon box found in the house is now in here. Time to make a store run for buckets. And get to the Ano setup.

The house was fun. We had a front living room and living room/ dinning room combo.
Since the kids destroy all of it and make it difficult to clean. The living room/dinning room is now just a living room and front room is dinning room. Should be easier to keep clean.

Living room looks a little funny with 2 TV's and 2 large couches, love seat and lazyboy. Plus the toys. But the house looks bigger this way. Rather then a cluttered mess.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #88 (permalink)
Just Another Smith

Well, well, well

Finally I got the anodizing mostly setup. About freaking time. Ran a batch of black off. Was only pump mag plates But came out good and will get better from here. Still needs work as the Racks I have from the old setup are extra large in comparison to what I need now. Will still be able to rack markers up in this setup. Just won't be doing the large part run anodizing like I used to. But that's good as I can spend more time in the details rather then focusing on the size of the run. More parts at time isn't always better. So now it's more balanced.

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » Site Archives » Rainman's Custom Corner