mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

i understand that it is excessive shipping costs and he's circumventing the fees but why be an *** and report it? unless your working for ebay i don't see why it matters to you guys. the total price payed will still be what a kp usually sells for. if you pay $25 for the gun and $375 for shipping or $25 for shipping and $375 for the gun your still paying the same price.

oh, and i've seen mods on this site do exactly what this seller is doing and nobody had a problem with it or reported it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
This dude sounds like a douche:

Q: Is the shipping a typo? If not, can this be picked up locally?
A: your good---I cannot allow local pick-up. Sorry not having stated before. Thanks and nice try.
His "shipping" isn't shipping costs. In this case "shipping" is pronounced "Profit without paying all of the e-bay seller fees"

Either way its a really really nice piece of hardware.

Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Sent a question about shipping.
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

E bay charges something like 9% to sellers upon auction completion with a max cap at $50?

9% of $325 is $29.25 in additional profit for the seller in unpaid e-bay fees.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
if you pay $25 for the gun and $375 for shipping or $25 for shipping and $375 for the gun your still paying the same price.
Unfortunetly, what often happens is people disregard the shipping price.

These days, most sellers charge a fairly accurate shipping rate since Ebay has largely automated the process. Many times I've almost bid, then noticed at the last second an overcharged shipping.

And if that was the only problem, then he is mostly taking advantage of new users. But probobly more important is its a dishonest violation of Ebay policies. There exists a chance that the auction will be killed just before it ends. If you were the high bidder, then your out unless the seller contacts you "off ebay", which is a terrible situation.

Its not much different then those who overcharge people who use paypal. Also against Ebay policies. Or dropshippers, or keyword spammers. Those rules exist for good reasons.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

....something more than trying to scam E-bay out of fees is happening here....the auction went from around $200+ this morning with 2 bidders to $31 with 2 bidders.

I smell bid tampering.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

He sent this:

Quote:
I know the shipping is high--useing it as my reserve price so i can save an e-bay costs. I just e-mailed high bidder to make him aware of his high bid + shipping. He is supposed to cancel his bid. I was hoping to get over 300 so i thought i would ask 325 for shipping and thought bidding would be in the 50 dollars plus range. My actual shipping costs is about 40 bucks. I can see that I screwed up trying to do it this way but as I was trying to save some percentage costs it seemed a good thing to do. Will not try again because it is to confusing.. Sorry and hope the bid goes low enough for you to bid.Wally
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
i understand that it is excessive shipping costs and he's circumventing the fees but why be an *** and report it? unless your working for ebay i don't see why it matters to you guys. the total price payed will still be what a kp usually sells for. if you pay $25 for the gun and $375 for shipping or $25 for shipping and $375 for the gun your still paying the same price.

oh, and i've seen mods on this site do exactly what this seller is doing and nobody had a problem with it or reported it.
Did you see what the high bidder was? It was at 285 earlier. Basically tacking advantage of the situation. Regardless of the reasons it is against the policy. If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to list, it's no different than asking for paypal feels, gifts, etc.

Take these extra expenses into account when you sell things and there will be no issues. Circumvention of fees is silly. I have on numerous occasions done gifts with members here that I trust. That is at my discretion, and I'm aware I lose buyer protection but that is my choice.

I for one instantly close the window when I'm making a purchase and I see that crap, it doesn't matter how badly I want an item. For example, the other night I found a decent (although not great) deal on a Model 11 trench gun that I've been looking to buy for quite awhile. I opened up the auction on gunbroker and the guy is asking an addition 3% for fees, credit card, etc.

I moved along, there will be another one some day and he lost a potential sale. As a matter of fact, that particular item didn't sell. His loss.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Did you see what the high bidder was? It was at 285 earlier. Basically tacking advantage of the situation. .
no, i didn't see what the bidding was up to but if someone bid $285 it is clearly the bidder's fault. the shipping price is right there in bold... not hidden deep inside the seller's description. ignorance is no excuse IMHO. if your not smart enough to find the shipping price before you bid... DON'T BID!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
ignorance is no excuse IMHO. if your not smart enough to find the shipping price before you bid... DON'T BID!
Its ignorance when someone is clearly violating Ebay policy? and specifically trying to deceive ebay?

Ebay is a trust-based system. We are trusting complete strangers to sell us items we have not seen in person. and sometimes, rarely, you come in contact with cheats and crooks.

How can we tell the cheats from the honest sellers? The rating system is marginally good, though it doesnt work always. The 2nd best option is for buyers to regulate sellers through reporting bad auctions. The Ebay staff can not physically read every auction.

This way sellers will learn that they can not cheat the system. Buyers should ALWAYS report auctions like this, as well as those other issues mentioned above.

I understand your point. Buyer beware. The seller admits he is cheating the system, and the buyer assumes the risk that hopefully the seller is at least being honest about the item. From the standpoint of a seller, its a dumb risk since the final sales will usually be lower because of buyers turned away.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old