mcarterbrown.com  

Redux Home of the Redux

Old 03-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

DSA's Redux Update, not the gun just DSA!

Redux’ers it has been a very long while since I posted up. Although I lurk from time to time I just have not been able to play paintball in a very long time. First, the field here was extremely inconsistent at best, then it closed, I lost interest, and my son grew up and moved out. Well I have started to come full circle once again, but just can’t get into it like I once did. I guess I will always love paintball, but I live in an area that does not support the sport so its really hard to get enthusiastic.

As for MCB, I moved on long ago. For me, the mods were too deeply involved in the threads, even to the point of making negative comments and actively changing posts. Where the Redux was involved, it became very PBN like; it appeared to get personal from mods north of the US border. Although I understand some of the criticism, I didn’t think it was a standard that went across the board. From my perspective, some products were protected, while others were actively ridiculed, it appeared personal.

Although I still refer folks here, It was just time to move on. This is really a big statement since I was one of the first members who moved over from pump.org back in the pink days.

Now on to the Redux, I cannot speak of what has transpired between Steve and DM6. I know both sides of the story and I am not sure what has transpired since. I do however hope they have worked things out. That being said, I am moving on, I tried to play messenger between them and make things nice, but it is none of my business except to say there are two sides to the story.

Ok so now I have my Redux and no place to play and no one to show it off to. In the coming days I hope to have an interactive Redux Facebook page up and running. FB seems like the natural selection due to all their framework. I can’t tell you how many times I see pictures of stuff on MCB only to want to ‘like” it and move on but cant. Paintball information seems to be moving on towards FB anyhow and there are so many new and old ballers out there that have never heard of MCB. Hell I was recently contacted by my old buddy Ed Poorman via FB about attending LL8 w/Avalanche Vets and low and behold MCB came when old school guns came up. I was shocked to learn he wasn’t in the know, I figured everyone knew of MCB, I was wrong.

I will attempt to contact Steve and see if he will allow me to use the “desertduckdd68-stock class paintball” as the page name. If so I will post up and hope you turkey s join.

Other than that not a whole lot to tell.

DSA-out!

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

You're not getting off that easy.
Get your behind to SPEW.
mOngo will be there..

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Thank you for the update but I will say Steve has made NO attempt to contact me, and nothing has transpired since. I am still out a lot of money and/or a Redux. He can say what he wishes, I have put my story out there for everyone to see. In fact I would LOVE to hear his side of the story because it's changed so many times when he actually bothered to contact me, that I'd be curious to know how it is now. As far as you, I appreciate all your help in the matter as I know you have no horse in this race, but maybe Steve can man up and settle this with me instead of making me have to go through a friend to get in contact with him. Very classless on his part.

Bottom line is, he himself said he can refund me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOngo View Post
I'm alive- if you are not playing anymore like you told me previously- OF COURSE I can refund your money! OR I can send you the current Redux in a week if you still want it- up to you- You wanted the OLD redux, and I would have to finish the internals for it- as there are none for the old DUX that fit- meaning LMK what you want to do trigger, bolt hammer( modified Phantom) and Snub. Remember- you sent me the money before there was a gun for you......
Mongo

Go ahead rake me over the coals on public forum- enjoy yourself
That was from July 3rd of LAST YEAR. He has not refunded me. I do not have the redux I paid for. Period. I paid for the gun just about FIVE years ago now. Yes, I asked him to let me do a payment plan to secure a spot for a Redux. HE AGREED TO IT, and I paid him. The record is there in my paypal. His comment that I paid for a gun before there was one for me is IN NO WAY AT ALL a justification for his actions or lack thereof so far. There is no reason that this should have been dragged out like this. This whole situation was completely avoidable. I have refrained from involving law enforcement in the matter thus far in hopes that this could be settled respectfully and amicably, but the fact that he continues to blow me off is maddening and I'm going to file a report with his local police department if this is not settled soon. I'm sure it's been too long for them to actually do anything about it, but what other options do I have short if flying out to California to confront him directly? I've sent emails, PM's and at one point called and left a message but I have heard NOTHING.

You would think he'd just make good on his word and give me my money back LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD, as it appears to me he has no intent to finish the gun, so he could be done with me and we didn't have to keep dragging this out. But it seems to me that he's just going to make me wait until I give up and forget about it. Which I will die before I walk away from $1366 of my hard earned money.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
For me, the mods were too deeply involved in the threads, even to the point of making negative comments and actively changing posts. Where the Redux was involved, it became very PBN like; it appeared to get personal from mods north of the US border. Although I understand some of the criticism, I didn’t think it was a standard that went across the board. From my perspective, some products were protected, while others were actively ridiculed, it appeared personal.
I hear ya'. I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.

I mean I bought a redux, and mine was a chopping piece of ****, the feed so poorly designed that the guy who makes them actually redesigned the feed system. I mean we are talking a $1,500.00 paper weight, except I didn't want to get any paint (from all the chops) on my paper, so not even that!

But I would never edit someone else's opinion on a product - they are entitled to it!
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

It's all good friends. I'm medicated now so no off color rants. DM6, will do, Mar thanks for responding, Gil, yes indeed. I just retired and am considering a 2nd retirement from my fed job so yes I need to travel to play.

Quote:

Old 03-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I hear ya'. I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
LMAO...
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Happy Retirement DSA!

check out Dan showing his technique of shooting a Redux.(gen 1 even)
yeah Bacci rules!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFUMucDaSgk

embedding not working (fixed that for you)

Last edited by The Flounder; 03-14-2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: video embedding assistance
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks Flounder.

Dan shoots that Redux faster than I shoot my sheridans!
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Although somewhat finicky, Dan proves the Redux is all about technique.

Quote:

Old 03-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Dan's the man! Great vid
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Redux