mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-22-2019, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

My understanding is that the essentials box is releasing first week of June at Target and then your FLGS should have them. I guess Target worked out an "early release" deal.

The adventure is supposedly set in the same general area as LMoP, some NPCs cross over etc...

Retail of $25 US...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
While not directly related, I've seen D&D is releasing a new essentials box set, which contains a new adventure related to the beginner box game. Since I never actually got the beginner box, I'm hoping to grab this at some point as well. Should be showing up in Target first in June I think.

Since Canada has no Targets now, I guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully this works to get more new players.
sirraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
Since Canada has no Targets now, I guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully this works to get more new players.
I'm not concerned so much about new players in the hobby, with the Stranger Things tie-in and the upcoming Rick & Morty tie-in, it's obvious there are some very smart people at Wizards these days.

D&D Beyond is also an excellent tool (they just need to figure out a mobile app), and the Critical Role and Acquistions Inc. tie-in stuff just adds even more fuel to the fire.

As a librarian I also see more and more formal programs and informal groups meeting at local branches, the hobby is doing quite well I think.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
While not technically a member of the Transformer family due to his non-vehicular appearance, Obake is a also a robot in disguise and distant cousin of Optimus Prime.
Obake is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games