mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #261 (permalink)
VoodistMonk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Very true, Wrynn. The more we know, the better. After all, knowing is half the battle...

I smile and add;

Violence is the other half.
__________________
IGY6; 503-995-0257
If I don't answer, please leave a message.
I will call you back.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:15 PM   #262 (permalink)
Ivan Sovetsky
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

CCI Phantom Fan
"Right then, off to the ruins"

Ivan slings his stuff over his shoulder and begins walking down the road

As we get within about half a mile from where the ruins are, begin to move stealthily, and look for a place to hole up with a good vantage point.

Stealth moving toward ruins: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11


Investigation looking for spot near ruins: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4


Ivan mistakenly walks through some poison ivy as he moves somewhat stealthily through the underbrush. thankfully, most of his skin is covered, but the exposed bit at the inner elbow brushes a few leaves and gives him quite a distracting itch...
"Gonna need some help over here fellas, can't seem to find any good places to set up the stakeout"

Still not realizing what was causing the itch, Ivan wipes the sweat off his brow with his elbow and proceeds to get poison ivy on his face and in his eyes. He's able to keep quiet by holding his breath, but he's starting to turn blue in the face.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #263 (permalink)
VoodistMonk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Ivan, do you need to poop? I ask in a whisper as I maneuver around what I identify to be quite obviously poison ivy.

Perception to perceive 13+5=18
Survival to identify poison ivy 15+5=20
Stealth to be stealthy 10+4=14

With my hood on and my scarf pulled up over my mouth and nose, it is probably difficult to see my smile, but you might catch the sparkle in my eyes that accompanies a good laugh.

We are at the northern end of the stone wall to the east of the Alderleaf farm where it meets the base of the hill. The road leading to the manor is to our north, heading uphill to the east, our right.

If you don't like this spot, we can go around behind Barthen's and follow that wall all the way to the bend in the road there across from us.
__________________
IGY6; 503-995-0257
If I don't answer, please leave a message.
I will call you back.

Last edited by DavidBoren; 05-19-2020 at 03:56 PM.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #264 (permalink)
Ivan Sovetsky
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
We are at the northern end of the stone wall to the east of the Alderleaf farm where it meets the base of the hill. The road leading to the manor is to our north, heading uphill to the east, our right.

If you don't like this spot, we can go around behind Barthen's and follow that wall all the way to the bend in the road there across from us.
Nyet, this spot is good. Squinting from slightly swollen eyes, Ivan lloks up the hill to the right, then looks down at the treeline to the east at the bottom of the hill.

I wonder if there might be another entrance to the "basement" of the ruins. Might be worth a trip around the base of the hill to look.

Ivan looks closely at the trees to the south of the hill, for any signs of movement, or an additional entrance to the underside of the ruins.

Perception, southern base of the hill below ruins: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #265 (permalink)
THE Green Modster
 
Greenmtnphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canadian Suburb called Vermont
Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
What you guys learn in 2 days of watching the road.

Kids sneak up to the manor to play in the ruins from time to time.
The Redbrands all seem to spend lots of time at the Sleeping Giant. A tavern run by a female Dwarf.
Every morning they visit the local businesses and evening at least 4 of them travel after dinner up to the Manor. Now that you think of it they always seem to be in pairs or groups. Never alone.
You have seen at least a dozen so far.

On the second morning, Ivan notices wagon tracks coming out of (Or going into) the woods to the south. They weren't there yesterday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #266 (permalink)
VoodistMonk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR

I agree that we should make our way around the base of this butte. The children clearly know alternative ways into the ruins.

I fidget with one of my short swords a little bit as I think...

The redbrands are smart to never travel alone, how can we use this to our advantage?

Ivan, since they travel in groups, we won't be able to pick them off individually. There is a limited number of them, however. So if we do ambush one of their roving patrols, we will take out a decent percentage of their whole. It will only take one or two patrols to be ambushed before it forces them to either attack in force or flee.

I nod, as if agreeing with myself... then frown.

If we ambush one of their patrols, though, nothing guarantees that the rest will stay on the hill. If they react as a whole to the first ambush, they could overwhelm us pretty easily... or worse, retaliate against the townspeople with little we can do to stop them.

What do you think?
__________________
IGY6; 503-995-0257
If I don't answer, please leave a message.
I will call you back.

Last edited by DavidBoren; 05-21-2020 at 02:45 PM.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #267 (permalink)
Trekkie
 
mlzplayer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Oregon

I say we position people inside and outside the manor. That way, when we blow the ambush we can force them into the second part.

I glance over to Ivan

How good is your crossbow shot from, 20 meters lets say
__________________
-Mlz


That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #268 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Grendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northbridge [Whitinsville], MA

"I think we catch them out of the manor in the morning and ambush them on their way back. Basically keep our ambush between them and their strong hold. We'll have to be quick and quite to try and keep from throwing up the alarm. If we are successful we could take a good number of them 2 at a time. Even if we do give ourselves away we'd be between them and their strong hold and we could fall back on that our selves."

"Who has the best ranged chances and who is best handle the up close work. I am quite good at hiding and being unseen by people up close and pretty fair at melee damage but might have some issues with hiding bodies given my "stature"

"The other way we could go is wait for them to leave and invade their stronghold, clear it out as quickly as possible and catch them coming back to where they feel safe."

Pique starts looking through his travelling kit pulling various items and placing them in order on his person. While mumbling to himself, "Bow or no Bow?"
__________________


"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #269 (permalink)
VoodistMonk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR

They have maybe a dozen bodies on that hill, and only come down two or four at a time. Even if we can successfully ambush them at shift change, and get all four of them, the majority will still be on the hill... in their stronghold. Entering the ruins when they outnumber us, and they are entrenched in a defensive position, is madness... it's suicide. We have to draw them out... or trap them up on the hill until they starve.
__________________
IGY6; 503-995-0257
If I don't answer, please leave a message.
I will call you back.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #270 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.
 
mtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canmore, Alberta

CCM Fan
I agree with Pique, taking them a couple at a time would be prudent. Even if someone were to make it back and raise the alarm, we would have a chance to fight them on our chosen ground, or fall back more easily than we would if we were to make an assault.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy
Somethang straight-up wrong.. well, went wrong. Us thugs will now sack dem involved.
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC