mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
THE Green Modster
 
Greenmtnphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canadian Suburb called Vermont
Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
In Character LMoP

Please do not post in this thread unless a player in the game.

More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power.
Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge, where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well.
But then disaster struck when Orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path. A powerful force of Orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

In the city of Neverwinter, a Dwarf named Gundren Rockseeker asked you to bring a wagon load of provisions to the rough-and-tumble settlement of Phandalin, a couple of days' travel southeast of the city. Gundren was clearly excited and more than a little secretive about his reasons for the trip, saying only that he and his brothers had found "something big," and that he'd pay you ten gold pieces each for escorting his supplies safely to Barthen's Provisions, a trading post in Phandalin. He then set out ahead of you on horse, along with a warrior escort named Sildar Haliwinter, claiming he needed to arrive early to "take care of business."
You've spent the last few days following the High Road south from Neverwinter, and you've just recently veered east along the Triboar Trail. You've encountered no trouble so far, but this territory can be dangerous. Bandits and outlaws have been known to lurk along the trail.

It is late morning and the late summer sun is shining brightly. The oxen pulling the wagon of supplies move at a steady pace, occasionally flicking their tails to swat at flies. A rock under the wheel of the wagon causes it to creak and harmlessly slap back down onto the packed dirt road.

The Neverwinter wood can just barely be seen off to the North as you enter into the foothills of the Sword Mountains. Icespire Peak disappearing in and out of fluffy white clouds that dot the sky.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar

Last edited by Greenmtnphantom; 05-19-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trekkie
 
mlzplayer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Oregon

I look out from my perch and see what lies ahead, and if there is any trouble in our path.

If nothing I sit back and play a sad number on my saxophone, in a melancholic mood


-Maxi the tabaxi bard
__________________
-Mlz


That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.
 
mtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canmore, Alberta

CCM Fan
At the start of the trip, I was uneasy about embarking on a journey with such a group of people as these, but over the past few days I have begun to relax a bit and get to know the group. I remain watchful however, I know from my King's Army days that these woods are full of foul types.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy
Somethang straight-up wrong.. well, went wrong. Us thugs will now sack dem involved.
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trekkie
 
mlzplayer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
At the start of the trip, I was uneasy about embarking on a journey with such a group of people as these, but over the past few days I have begun to relax a bit and get to know the group. I remain watchful however, I know from my King's Army days that these woods are full of foul types.
Maxi looks over to the guard with anxt and says:


Ay ay, tis no place for such downtrodden mood, rejoice in the money and merry! For we may not sour the end, and enjoy the act, cause the journey is twice the finish!
__________________
-Mlz


That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Last edited by mlzplayer111; 01-16-2020 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Rimes my dude
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
VoodistMonk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Eric Withakay:
I ride along the caravan, perched casually with my backpack amongst/on top of the random and varying gear, crates, and boxes in the lead wagon.

I sit positioned close enough to interact with the driver, yet concealed as a hunter in a treestand, with at least three lanes of view. I have a bow and one arrow held in my left hand, and a book in my right hand.

Outside of the drivers of the caravan, or any Gnomes, I probably haven't said a word to you.

However, my guidance to the drivers has allowed us to make ease of the forest, and travel with speed. Every night we make camp, I have harvested food for the caravan.

I am willing to talk to the driver of the caravan, despite my Hermit prejudice...
__________________
IGY6; 503-995-0257
If I don't answer, please leave a message.
I will call you back.

Last edited by DavidBoren; 01-15-2020 at 02:09 AM.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ivan Sovetsky
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

CCI Phantom Fan
Ivan (human rogue), not having slept well last night (or most nights, for that matter), lounges in the back of the wagon. The sway of the road putting him at the edge of sleep. A particularly jostling bump causes his head to snap back and crack the edge of the wagon's rail.

"Oww! Neefie GA seebya! Can't you keep this thing outta the ruts? Goldie, keep an eye out for the damn potholes, yes?" he says, with a slight Russian accent.

Can't be too much farther to Phandalin, hope this Rockseeker fellow is good for the money. I'm enjoying our jaunt through the woods with these vırodoks, but not nearly as much as I'd enjoy a hot meal and a cold ale!

Ivan settles back a bit, but unable to close his eyes to doze again, he scans the horizon to the left side of the road.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-16-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Grendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northbridge [Whitinsville], MA

[Pique - Forest Gnome dressed in Dove Grey and Leaf Green leather leaning back on his pack with on open air of friendliness and wonder.]

"Pique" rides along on the back of the wagon looking around in wonder at the surroundings and making notes and sketches in his journal he keeps in his lap.

Pique says to no on in particular, "are any of you from this area? I'm from well north of 'The Crag' and would like to know something of where we head"
__________________


"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.
 
mtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canmore, Alberta

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzplayer111 View Post
Maxi looks over to the guard with anxt and says:


Ay ay, tis no place for such downtrodden mood, rejoice in the money and merry! For we may not sour the end, and enjoy the act, cause the journey is twice the finish!
I look over and scowl, then turn back to face forward with my hand now resting on my sword.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy
Somethang straight-up wrong.. well, went wrong. Us thugs will now sack dem involved.
How to get around UPS fees
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
THE Green Modster
 
Greenmtnphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canadian Suburb called Vermont
Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
You’ve been on the Triboar Trail for about half a day. Over the last hour the plains have given way to a small forest too young to have a name familiar to you.
The road winds between two rock outcroppings covered in dense thickets, as you come around a bend, you spot two dead horses sprawled about fifty feet ahead of you, blocking the path. Each has several black-feathered arrows sticking out of it.
Your approach startles a handful of carrion birds and they fly off into the trees squawking angrily as the smell of rotting flesh fills your nostrils.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ivan Sovetsky
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

CCI Phantom Fan
"Ga-dest! What is that smell?"

Ivan moves his hand to plug his nose, and sits up higher in the back of the wagon. He sees the dead animals and decides to scan the sides of the road between where the wagon is and where the dead horses are. Does he see anything?

Perception Roll: 1d20+3 = 8+3 = 11

Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-16-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC