mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
EMR Pump Pandemonium - FAQ (updated Monday 7/9/2012)

Ok, since this is the first big EMR event for a lot of our group, or their first PP, I thought I'd collect all the questions and get them as organized as possible.

I'll TRY to keep this somewhat updated so check back from time to time.
If you're new: just post a question, we'll try to get you an answer.
If you're a vet: please check in and try to help our new guys out.
As a questions gets asked/answered I'll update the FAQ and clean the thread.

Q: WHATS THIS GAME ALL ABOUT ??
A: Field's official page for this game: https://www.emrpaintball.com/pump.shtml
A: Pump only, no pneumatic assist.
A: Pump does NOT mean "limited paint". Hose or one-ball as you wish.
A: POSTED ON EMR's WEBSITE:
The game is RED Versus BLUE and is a CaptureThe Flag Game with 5 Flag Stations and 15 Minute reinsertions. Saturday Night is hanging out with Old School players of vast Pump Knowledge and attending the PLAYER’S PARTY in the REC. CENTER provided by CARTER’S COMMANDO. Sunday is a variety of Stock and Pump Games that will be Flag Based and played on a Variety of Fields.

Q: GENERAL FIELD INFO
A: EMR PAINTBALL PARK | Scenario Paintball | Recball | Tournament Paintball | Castle Conquest | Paintball Safety
A: Bunkhouse rules: (generally apply to the whole property) EMR PAINTBALL PARK | Scenario Paintball | Recball | Tournament Paintball | Castle Conquest | Paintball Safety
A: Campsite rules: EMR PAINTBALL PARK | Scenario Paintball | Recball | Tournament Paintball | Castle Conquest | Paintball Safety

Q: CAN I SHIP EQUIPMENT?
A: EMR PAINTBALL PARK | Scenario Paintball | Recball | Tournament Paintball | Castle Conquest | Paintball Safety
A: Check w/ the field, people have had gear shipped there in the past, but things change from year to year.

Q: WHERE CAN I STORE GEAR?
A: Your best bet is to plan on locking gear in your car.
Unfortunately due to space issues, there is not enough room in the passholder bunkhouse for us to store everyone's gear. Please don't leave it in there.
Obviously you can keep your gear in the overflow bunkhouse with you...but keep in mind that it probably wont be locked w/ so many people staying there.
Also, there's a SLIM possibility that some non MCB players may be put in there if you have the space.
The overflow bunkhouse (or C.A.B, has about 20 bunks we think, along the walls, with wide open floor space in the middle)

Q: WHAT FIELDS ARE WE PLAYING ON?
A: Good question, we're not sure yet.
We TRY to use our golf-cart to ferry equipment such as coolers and pop-ups, but assume that you may have to hike your own personal gear and plan accordingly.

Q: DO PEOPLE BRING 'SPIRITS' TO PP LIKE @ CASTLE?
A: Yes. Beer/Spirits and other adult beverages are allowed and encouraged within our group.
A: NOBODY under 21 drinks w/ our group.
A: EMR is like a home to us and we will not jeopardize our relationship w/ them so a 17 year old can get their first hangover!

Q: WHERE IS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT?
A: Scranton/wilkes-barre. Big airport: Newark, Philly.
A: Binghamton

Q: WILL ANYONE BE SELLING 12 GRAMS?
A: Walmart in Wilkes-barre, EMR might be.

Q: WHAT CAN ONE DO FOR LODGING?
A: EMR PAINTBALL PARK | Scenario Paintball | Recball | Tournament Paintball | Castle Conquest | Paintball Safety ($50 bunkhouse deposit is more for private groups)
A: Bunkhouses, tent camping & RV Spots onsite. SOME hotels in the area.

Q: WILL THE BUNKHOUSES BE OPEN OR DO I NEED A HOTEL?
A: When you register, request bunk space, and one will be reserved for you.
Register as a Carter's Commando(team name on form) and you'll be put in the bunkhouse next to the passholder bunk.
Bunkhouses are VERY basic w/ plywood type bunks. Bring a foam pad or SMALL air mattress.

Q: IS THE COLD-A** BARN OPEN? WHO'S COLLECTING DUES?
A: The pink bunkhouse next to the passholder's joint is affectionately called "The Cold A-- Barn".
A: It will be open, pre-reg as a Carters Commando and you should get a spot in there. This is a big turnout weekend for our group, if the 2nd bunkhouse if full you could be put in one of the other "public" bunkhouses.
A: "Dues" of a few bucks are unofficially collected to defray the costs of our PRIVATE PORTA JONS.
A: The Passholders ordered a porta-jon for the CAB bunkhouse. Anyone staying there is strongly encouraged to give a few bucks to DPREKEL to help cover the expense.

Q: TENT CAMPING?
A: There are tent sites on the property, near the bunkhouses

Q: TENT CAMPING: IS THERE A WAY TO ENSURE I GET A SITE CLOSE TO THE CC BUNKHOUSES?
A: When you register request a campsite and just ask for a spot near the other Carters Commandos. They'll do their best to lump you guys together. All of the tent spots are at the bottom of bunk-house row, about a 3 minutes walk away from our bunkhouses.

Q: RV SPOTS?
A: There are some DRY rv spots, check w/ the field for specifics.
(DRY meaning no hookups for RV, we all know EMR, as a whole, is NEVER dry!)

Q: IS THERE A CERTAIN ETIQUETTE FOR THE PLAYERS PARTY?
A: Formal dress, ties are optional but strongly suggested.(kidding, just show up and be sociable. Don't try to drink if you're underage)

Q: IS THERE AN ADMISSION FEE FOR THE PLAYERS PARTY?
A: NO. It's typically hosted by a home-team (us this time) to promote good-will and cheer throughout.
A: Since Carters Commando's may be footing the bill for this one, CC members are more than welcome to throw in a few bucks. DPREKEL is our treasurer and will be collecting a few bucks from anyone willing to donate.

Q: WHATS THE DEAL W/ THE BUNKHOUSES?
A: Register as a Carter's Commando(team name on form) and you'll be put in the bunkhouse next to the passholder bunk.
A: Bunkhouses are VERY basic w/ plywood type bunks. Bring a foam pad or SMALL air mattress.

Q: WHAT IS THERE TO EAT ??
A: FIRST, Check THIS Thread! Nish does a great job of coordinating our food efforts!
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...nium-food.html

A: Obviously there are a few small local restaurants...but we're more social than that...read on.
A: The passholders do have a grill on our deck, its availability depends on how many folks bring stuff to grill.
A: Food is quite potluck with the CC. Bring something to share and you'll be shared with...bring nothing and we'll let you starve.
A: we are going to be providing food again for the players party this year, not sure how much, though.

Q: WHATS UP WITH THE 500 PAINTBALLS?
A: You get 500 balls when you sign in, whether you pre-reg or not.
A: Season Passholders DO NOT get the 500 free rounds.

Q: BATHROOM FACILITIES?
A: There are 'public access' porta jons.
A: The passholders rent one for their bunkhouse.
A: One has also been ordered for the 'pink' bunkhouse. Reimbursement WILL be collected.
A: Anyone staying in the CAB and enjoying a clean, private port-a-jon is strongly encouraged to reimburse a few bucks to DPREKEL at the event.

Q: SHOWERS ?
A: None on-site. There is a local campground w/ showers for a few $
A: The flying-j truck stop also has showers for $10 but will be very crowded.

Q: WHO SHOULD I PAY?, I DON'T WANT TO BE A FREELOADER!!
A: Lots of people front quite a bit of money at these events. If you find that you enjoy being able to cra** in the relatively clean and zen-like environment of a non-public porta-jon, or feel that a small donation towards the Players Party will ensure your Karma and good fortune for the coming year, then DPREKEL is the man to find. If he's not available (or has already blacked out) any other passholder will be happy receive your funds and make sure they get to him. We're a big group, nobody needs to shell out more than a couple bucks as long as everyone does their part. There is also a red ammo-can in the passholder bunkhouse....feel free to drop a few bucks in there.

Q: IS SUNDAY OPEN PLAY PUMP ONLY ??
A: The official schedule on EMR's website lists "pump only starts" and "speedball starts" separately, so it's possible that semi-play will be allowed on Sunday.

Q: DRINKING WATER: AVAILABILITY OF POTABLE WATER? ARE THERE SOURCES FOR DRINKING WATER NEAR THE PLAYING FIELD?
A: If you have a camelbak, it is usually good to bring along.
A: Bringing water is a good idea. They typically have water available in the dead zones, but we also bring cases of water along, as do many of the other teams. Many of the battles are truly a battle for shade since it can get very hot.
A: About the only running water there is the basic gear cleaning station. Besides game-time, we bring bottled water and a few 7 gallon jugs of potable water.
A: Besides bottled water at the bunkhouse, we keep some 5 gallon jugs of DRINKING WATER. They're clearly labeled DRINKING WATER ONLY. (That means don't fill them from the hoses @ the gear cleaning stations, the pond, etc etc)

Q: IS THERE ANYWHERE TO KEEP DRINKS AND SUCH COOL ?
A: The best policy it to bring your own coolers.
Although the Carter's Commando Passholder Bunkhouse has a fridge, we passholders store our food and drink in there so there usually isn't much free space.

Some guests drop their coolers in the bunkhouse deck.
Although we appreciate people willing to share, there have been times at larger events - like Castle Conquest - where there have been so many coolers in the bunkhouse belonging to non-passholders that it was hard to move around, so lets keep them on the deck. (Kindred drop-kicking coolers into the pond is a good indicator that this has happened)

The best place, I guess, is the edge of the deck or at the end of the deck on the ground.
That location seems to work out pretty well.
There isn't the swarm of people like at Castle so it'll work out fine, one way or another.

If you have space in your car, bring a cooler even if you don't need it to transport food. Pick up a cooler full of ICE on your way in to EMR. It will likely be HOT HOT HOT and we can only store a few bags of ice in our freezer.

The "Pump And Pantry" has ice, right as you get off of route 81 into New Millford.

Q: THE WEEKEND IS PUMP ONLY BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO BRING ANY OF MY OTHER GUNS JUST SO I COULD USE THE LITTLE CHRONO SHOOTING RANGE THING THEY HAVE SO I CAN TUNE THEM?

A: If you have that kind of time on your hands, do something useful like run beers for us.

A: I doubt it would be a problem as long as you do so at a time when it doesn't interfear w/ guys prepping for the game, and use their field paint. But be prepared for about 200 people to remind you that you're not allowed to play w/ a semi. But who wants to even touch a semi this weekend??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LrrpieCT.jpg (3.5 KB, 1137 views)

Last edited by Kindred; 07-09-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: New Year
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games