mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Mar 19 '11, 300 Game, Hell Survivors, Michigan

Posted from the HS forum:

Quote:
MARCH 19th (Saturday) - 300 GAME 'The Battle of Thermopylae'

GAME DESCRIPTION:
Thermopylae was a narrow mountain pass, wide enough for one chariot, with cliffs on one side and the sea on the other. There in 480 BC, a small force led by King Leonidas of Sparta met an invading army of hundreds of thousands of soldiers. After 2-days of the lightly-armored invaders being slaughtered by the spear-wielding and heavily armored Greeks, treachery enabled the forces of Persia's emperor, Xeres, to outflank the Greeks guarding the pass. According to legend, Leonidas dismissed the bulk of his army and his remaining force of 300 Spartans and allies fought a suicidal holding action against the invaders. The battle ended up a costly victory for the Persians, sort of the Alamo of their invasion, giving the Greeks time, and inspiration, to regroup and defeat them later in the war. The example of the Spartans and their allies has lived on, inspiring military codes still alive today, as well as some of the best quotes in history, such as Leonidas' "Come take them," his reply to a Persian request to lay down his arms. Join us in this epic battle and re-enact ancient history with this brand-new format allowing authentic gladiator costume as well as ‘Shields’. That’s right ‘shields’ that help deflect hits and kills The SHIELD RULE'S: All 'shields' will be subject to fit through a ‘maximum size gauge’ before they will be allowed to be used in play. The overall dimensions can not exceed 34” round or 24” X 40” rectangle (one or the other). The 'shields' MUST BE OF SOLID CONSTRUCTION, (like plastic, wood, metal or leather). No Clear lexan/plexiglass, No Transparent Fabric, No Vents, No Slits & No Holes. Only one 'shield' per player allowed on the playfield. You must carry/wear your 'shield' on your arm/hand. You can NOT wear a 'shield' on your body. All shields will be subject to 'final management approval'. The Spartan Team will be limited to only 100-players. The Persian Army will well out-number the Spartans. Pre-register by March 1st for only $15.00 and Save $10.00 (Gate price $25.00). FREE! HPA included! We are a Field Paint Only (FPO) Paintball Playfield! Buy your paint when you Pre-Register and $AVE! Exotic Sportz® FIREBALL ® Premium 'WINTER-FORMULA' Paintballs that shoots flawlessly in all Barrel Systems. Truckload Sale Price for only $49.00 + 6% Sales Tax = $51.94 per case / 2000rds when you Pre-Register. You must purchase & use our Fireball® brand field paint, available ONLY at Exotic Sportz® store locations and Hell Survivors® Paintball Playfield for $56.60 (+tax) per case. Registration starts at 7:00 am and the game begins at 10:00 am. During lunch break, there will be a ‘Gladiator Costume Contest’ judged by a panel of women. 1st Place Costume Contestant wins a 2011 VIP Gold Membership. ‘Prepare for Glory!’. Don’t miss out on this epic battle of biblical proportion.
‘For Today, We Dine in Hell!’

SCHEDULE:
GAME DATEs: March 19th, 2011 Saturday
TEAMS: Spartans (Defenders) VS Persian Army (Invaiders)
REGISTRATION STARTS: 7:00am Saturday
RADAR STARTS: 7:00am Saturday
ORIENTATION: 9:00am
GAME STARTS: 10:00am
LUNCH BREAK & COSTUME CONTEST: 1:00pm to 3:00pm
GAME RESUMES: 3:00pm
GAME ENDS: 6:00pm (All Rentals must be returned by 6:15pm)

REGISTRATION PRICING AND DEADLINE DATES: NO Exceptions! FREE! HPA/Nitro included
PRE-REGISTRATION PRICE: By MARCH 1st, 2011: Pre-Reg $15.00 - SAVE $10.00 OFF! Gate Price
GATE PRICE: Event Registration $25.00 FREE! Nitrogen included with registration
DELUXE SEMI-AUTO GUN RENTAL: $20.00 (Tippmann A-5 Semi-Auto with Nitro Tank, 300-rd. Pack System w/tubes, VForce Vantage Anti-Fog Goggle System & FREE Unlimmited Nitro)
FULL-AUTO MACHINE GUN RENTAL: $40.00 (Tippmann PHENOM Full-Auto with Nitro Tank, 600-rd.. Pack System w/tubes, VForce Vantage Anti-Fog Goggle System & FREE Unlimmited Nitro)
We are a Field Paint Only Paintball Playfield (FPO)
Buy your paint when you pre-register and $AVE Over $8.00 per case!
Exotic Sportz FIREBALL Premium 'Winter-Formula' Paintballs that shoot flawlessly.
Truckload Sale Price for only $49.00 + 6% Sales Tax = $51.94 per case / 2000rds when you Pre-Register.
You must purchase & use our Fireball brand field paint at the playfield.
All paint grenades & paint mines must use the (specially formulated Tippmann baby blue paint in them. All paint grenades, paint mines & smoke grenades must be purchased at Hell Survivors or Exotic Sportz. No Exceptions! Absolutely No homemade devices of any type are allowed on the premises.

LODGING INFO:
You MUST Ask for the “HELL SURVIVORS® CORPORATE DISCOUNT”
All lodging prices are subject to change without notice.
Kensington Inn Howell (517) 548-3510 $65.00 per room
Baymont Hotel Howell (517) 546-0712 $69.00 per room
Brighton Courtyard by Marriott Brighton (810) 225-9200 $94-114 per room
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell (517) 548-0100 $69+tax per room
Best Western Howell (517) 548-2900 Call for rates

CAMPING INFO:
Hell Creek Ranch Hell (734) 878-3632 Call for Rates
This campground is approx. 5 miles from our paintball playfield.
H20, electric, & showers available at extra cost
State Park Campgrounds 1-800-44-PARKS or michigan.gov/dnr
Shooting or throwing paint & dry-firing are prohibited at State Park Campgrounds & Hell Creek Ranch.
For those who have played at HS, you'll know the road at west point is the perfect 'Hot Gates':

As the player chosen to be King Leonidas, leader of the Spartan Team, I'd like to invite all my fellow MCBers to join me in 'changing history' by dealing out a thorough thrashing to the Persians!
If you do want to fight for sparta at this game, I suggest preregging early online, space is limited!

*300 Game 'The Battle of Thermopylae': Exotic Sportz preregistration

Rob 'AgentSmith' Smith

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Man, I wish HS didn't have the FPO policy, I hate paying 60$ a case after already having to pay 50 $ to get in, sucks on a limited budget lol, forces me to pick and choose scenarios D:. I'm not sure, been looking at it, bunch of guys at my field were talking about it. I'm probably gonna end up skipping this one and going to Day of the Rangers though, really don't have a marker I could use with a shield effectively lol. But I'll be sure to let you know if I come to help out the Spartans.
Gustav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crafter of skins

I like that they allow leather shields....

Current list of people planning on getting a holster for their DRV:
1: Mayvik
2: aldumil
3: Dundadun (special build, no longer DRV)
4: ITSPB-Rogue
5: Crimson Death
6: Big Phil
7: Ironchef97
8: Spinalmath
9:
10:
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

The new 'Formula 40' fieldpaint at HS is one grade down from the fireball Gustav12, but is only $40 a case. Unfortunately it doesn't come in winter fill like Fireball, so won't be used for the 300 game.

Rob

Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Oh, cool, good to hear for when DotR and Monster roll around, and lol Butch will be easy to spot, the nut with a whole cow strapped to his arm. I dunno, I'll see what I can do the shields do look like a ton of fun, maybe I'll find a way to one hand my magrifle rofl.

Edit: Oh sweet, 15$ pre-reg? I thought it was gonna be 50 like all the other games, I could probably swing this. I'll see if I can get a group from my local field to come, 15 and I split a case with my buddy, not too shabby.

Last edited by Gustav12; 12-09-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

So both teams can use shields? As far as the formula 40 goes, will it be allowed / available? The shell is pretty thick on that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

As far as I know both teams can use shields but I will doublecheck. They're going to be more of an advantage for the defenders...

Some teams are starting to prereg spartan.

Formula 40 doesn't come in a winter fill, so it's all fireball for this event so far.

This scenario really fits well with the terrain and setup at HS. I wouldn't be surprised to see this become a yearly game. I know I'm stoked for it!

Rob

Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Alright, I'll light a fire under my buddies, try and get registered, do you think it'll be possible for defenders to play with limited paint, like a 50 round on my Mag Rifle, or is it going to get too intense for that? Paint's expensive lol, or am I going to need to bring my painthose?

EDIT: Two more MCB Spartans to add to the fight

Last edited by Gustav12; 12-14-2010 at 09:49 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games