mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Stop by the store and pick up the Gi 3 star for $50, it shoots just fine.

I was at Global, doubt I'll be at Monster, I had an invite to play Merc, that might be fun.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

Everything set to go, will see what the field paint is this year.

Playing as a group, much smaller than years past (only five of us coming out), say hello if you are on the correct team....
Old 07-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash74 View Post
According to Matt at the Taylor store. HSI is done with using Empire paint altogether. They have had too many issues in the past so they are switching to GI Sports. Once the Empire Heat at $40 is gone there will be no more. They are even switching to GI from their current marblizer for 50 cal also.
The funny thing is that GI now owns Empire (read Marballizer, Evil, etc.)
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Started in '89

How did the monster game go?
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Hot.... very very hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Educated Donkey

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Hot.... very very hot...
This
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

On Saturday, 100.5* in my canopy. Play was decent, paint was decent, but the heat just drains you. Saturday, rain storm before 10am start and continued until about 11:30. Even with the rain, 85* in my canopy. Paint was decent still. I tried switching over to my tipx and learned how quickly paint swells in the open air in a mag. I shot no more than the mag of 7 balls in my gun, and eventually went off field to switch back to a semi with a hopper and pods. The humidity was just too much.
The turn out was less than June's big game, and was evident with the lack of canopies, players, campers and cars in the parking lot.
Red won, with what I figure were decent and even battles throughout the weekend, it was not a blow out, even though rumour had it that red out numbered yellow.
Still unsafe playing areas, that astound me that are still there after so many years. (Broken bridges, slippery bridges made of laminated plywood or something, T-bar with netting wrapped around it, waiting to catch you in the head, neck or chest as you enter the field.)I never saw the head ref on the field, but he and other refs that had access to golf carts certainly enjoyed driving 'em like they stole 'em in the staging zone.
No complaints on the paint this year. But the poster above who said 5 years of good paint is wrong. They offered admission and a case of paint for $50 last year to make up for the absolute garbage they sold us the year prior.
The weekend ended with the usual prize give away of useless crap tossed into grab bags, some tippmann guns & masks, shirts that asked if you were horny(?). a lifetime VIP pass and passes to upcoming big games and a teasing statement of some 'surprises' for September's upcoming big game. I'm sure the surprises will be no better than any other year, and they will be figuring them out on the Friday of the game weekend.
Of course I'll be there for Septembers game! I look forward to cooler weather with hopefully no rain...

My Feedback
lonegunmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

The Victory would have been nice to win. Why the bundles of stuff though. 2 masks and a loader with the high end gun? Seems more sensible to split up some of those mis-matched "packages" so more people can win stuff. I personally would have been happy to win just a decent mask.

I didn't see the t-shirts but from the responses from a few of the recipients, I'm not sure it was all that appropriate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to o_nothing

Same thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegunmen View Post
On Saturday, 100.5* in my canopy. Play was decent, paint was decent, but the heat just drains you. Saturday, rain storm before 10am start and continued until about 11:30. Even with the rain, 85* in my canopy. Paint was decent still. I tried switching over to my tipx and learned how quickly paint swells in the open air in a mag. I shot no more than the mag of 7 balls in my gun, and eventually went off field to switch back to a semi with a hopper and pods. The humidity was just too much.
The turn out was less than June's big game, and was evident with the lack of canopies, players, campers and cars in the parking lot.
Red won, with what I figure were decent and even battles throughout the weekend, it was not a blow out, even though rumour had it that red out numbered yellow.
Still unsafe playing areas, that astound me that are still there after so many years. (Broken bridges, slippery bridges made of laminated plywood or something, T-bar with netting wrapped around it, waiting to catch you in the head, neck or chest as you enter the field.)I never saw the head ref on the field, but he and other refs that had access to golf carts certainly enjoyed driving 'em like they stole 'em in the staging zone.
No complaints on the paint this year. But the poster above who said 5 years of good paint is wrong. They offered admission and a case of paint for $50 last year to make up for the absolute garbage they sold us the year prior.
The weekend ended with the usual prize give away of useless crap tossed into grab bags, some tippmann guns & masks, shirts that asked if you were horny(?). a lifetime VIP pass and passes to upcoming big games and a teasing statement of some 'surprises' for September's upcoming big game. I'm sure the surprises will be no better than any other year, and they will be figuring them out on the Friday of the game weekend.
Of course I'll be there for Septembers game! I look forward to cooler weather with hopefully no rain...
So I just say the same thing that Lonegun just said figured I would just quote him. It was a fun event for me since I haven't been to one since early 2000's. It was weird standing what was now the staging area but to me was where the village and a downed helicopter once was. Met a lot of great locals had a good time. maybe next year I'll make it to a earlier in the season or later in the season event to maybe skip the heat wave. Just not as young as I used to be.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

Saturday was warmer than some previous MMGs, but not as humid (it was a dry heat!)

Sunday we stayed in the hotel in the raining morning, and showed up around 11am, for an awesome rest of the day. The forecast afternoon thunderstorms never showed up, but the rain in the morning brought the humidity up enough, that if you spent anytime in moving slowly in the deeper woods your mask would fog up.

Paint seemed fine, though sunday humidity caused some issues with consistency and accuracy for me (pods + rotor).

Saturday morning felt like the teams were uneven with yellow being crushed, by lunch time, the game was much more enjoyable with battles being won and lost on each side. And overall balance seemed good to me over the weekend.

Attendance was way way down. The main area where people set up canopies was not full. With ample space left over for anyone who wanted to show up. On a plus side we rarely encountered 50 v 50 on the road longballing, and instead had actual battles along the woods. I also noticed that westpoint was not the choke point it normally is, I assume due to the lack of people, as that corner is usually a meatgrinder.

Our group had fun, the heat was high and some rain on sunday annoying, fireball paint worked best on saturday, but overall it was a positive game.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games