mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 06-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

Hell's Survivors - Monster Game 2016 - July 23-24

Anyone going? I missed last year, and haven't played in a bit, but looking forward to playing again with Renegades...
Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Thinking about it. Haven't missed one in a while. Look like we'd definitely have to pre-reg and buy paint cards as I'm not planning on paying the new $80 / case rate at the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

was surprised by the "save $19" by pre-buying paint, didn't remember it being that large of a difference in the past....
Old 06-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

It's a bigger difference and the prices were bumped. I don't play enough there anymore to care or dive into the thoughts or politics behind it. I haven't actually been out to HSI this year and still deciding if we'll make this one. This is literally the only post I've seen about it. I'm not sure just facebook, word of mouth, and tradition are enough "advertising" to help with the attendance numbers. Hell, I'm not even getting the email newsletter / reminders telling me to pre-reg anymore. :\ Looks like Friday is the pre-reg deadline so I guess I better get on it.

Quote:
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah with as bad as the paint has been the last few years I don't understand the price hike.

I wonder what the turnout was for Global conquest last weekend?
Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

They're GI paint for $50 a case worked flawlessly for me last weekend. Went through 2 and a half cases and didn't have a single break or hopper jam. Haven't seen paint this good from there in years.

The "premium" Fireball for $70 a case seemed pretty ****ty though, many people were having hopper jams, breaks, and curve balls causes by oddly shaped paintballs.

The GI paint was available all weekend for $50, no need to pre register. BUT I believe they force you to buy it from their store and not the field trailer, which is only a block from the field.

Turnout wasn't that great, but was still an awesome event.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Yes, there's usually a budget option which is only available at the store. It changes but I think it was previously Heat which was in the 40 something range. Sounds like that went up too. The "premium" paints which are the only ones available at the field have been Fireball and Evil. Not $70 tho, they're advertised as $74.95 + tax now (basically $80).

I've had mixed results with Fireball. Stuff I've bought early in the season outside of big games has been fine. More times than not the stuff at the big games has much worse. I do try and take some of it with a grain of salt though as people will always complain about the paint no matter what.

Like I said, I don't care that much about the pricing politics I just want to show up and play. I'm just wondering if this is the beginning of a downward spiral where lower attendance is causing the price hikes which in turn will probably cause lower attendance (especially if the paint quality isn't there)...

Any word on who the Generals are or anything like that?

Quote:
ooops
Old 06-30-2016, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Kilt Club
I got a pre-reg email yesterday, and went ahead and preregistered.

I was a bit taken back by the price of paint to buy on-site. Usually I pre-buy 1 case of paint and pick-up another at the game depending on how much I shoot. Of course that's when there was $5 difference between pre-buy price and at the game price. More than likely this year I won't pick up a second case. I've never had any problems with their paint in the last 5 monster games I've attended, but $80 for a case is too much for scenario play.

nuclear zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.armorsquad.com

I'll be there with several guys. Yellow Team like always.

I shot about a case of last September's Evil and it was truly magical watching it fly through the air and explode in mid flight. Out of a TM-7, which made cleaning so much better.

I shot GI SportZ and still have a case+ left. It shot great and everyone from our team had awesome results, finally.
at $49 a case at the store, it was well worth it, and field prices are prohibitive for Fireball. I have to say I'm sure most of me being eliminated was with GI and I took few bounces.

trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Started in '89

If you are planning on picking up any paint at the Taylor store make sure you do it before the weekend of the monster game. They close the Taylor store on big game weekends and only the store near the field is open.

According to Matt at the Taylor store. HSI is done with using Empire paint altogether. They have had too many issues in the past so they are switching to GI Sports. Once the Empire Heat at $40 is gone there will be no more. They are even switching to GI from their current marblizer for 50 cal also.
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games