mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 11-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #91 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

It was nice to put faces to some of the names here. I had a pretty good time but I do not think I will be making the trek back to Fulda any time in the near future. For an event that has been running so long I had higher expectations.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #92 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Really?
Besides the late start times due to high player turnout I thought it went pretty smooth.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:02 AM   #93 (permalink)
Ballin'

Same here, I thought it was pretty smooth this year. Even when the tank flipped over...

The parking could have been better though. They really need to consider renting a lot for Saturday.

No Paintball pics/vids yet, but hopefully soon.
Morella Photography
Jmorell818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #94 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I just read on their Facebook page that they had a ref squad bail on them only a day or so before the event.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #95 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

The refs were only one issue I had. I tried to reach out to the staff and was basically given the cold shoulder. I am not sure who handles their social media but comments I saw posted after the game did not help the situation.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #96 (permalink)
MCB Member

This was the 4th year I have gone, and the first I have seen any issues (at least with the organization, players is always another story).

I kind of got the impression that they didn't have a good plan B for the group of refs that bailed on them, and that induced some chaos that really wasn't necessary, and trickled down to some other parts of the game.

That being said, all the refs I interacted with were really helpful and receptive to feedback, questions, etc. Sorry you didn't have the same experience.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #97 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

The refs that were there were not bad, I had to explain the rules to a few of them a few times but with inexperienced staff I would expect that. I was glad to see some people step up and volunteer to help out. I carried a copy of the rules with me to help clarify things when needed. The number of them (even after some players stepped up) was an issue for me.

My bigger issues started n Friday morning when I could not find anyone to answer questions about camping, parking, or the event in general. It appeared that overall staffing levels were just too low. The number of players was not a surprise for them. They had been posting about the number of players for several days before the event.

Parking was a free for all Friday morning

Camping areas were marked off with no explanation, there were no locations marked out and people just set up where ever they wanted. Tents and RV's were supposed to be separate. Generators were supposed to be off at 11. With that many people coming much more organization was needed.

Registration was ok, a few more people would have helped move it along better.

Saturday morning the chrono station should have been opened much earlier than it was. The guy running the station Saturday morning was not wearing a mask , just safety glasses. There was no requirement to re-chrono on Sunday. There should have been a chrono station at the entry points to the field for checking players ss they entered the field again.

The game play started a few seconds early, instead of just rolling with it they tried to stop and reset everyone. This resulted in lots of confusion on the field for both sides. There was no information on how the game would start. When the games were delayed it was done via word of mouth instead of some sort of announcement being made.

During game play I never saw a chrono on the filed for spot checking players. There were several players shooting well over 280 but noting was ever done about it. I saw one ref try to borrow a hand held chrono from a player on the field during the game to use for the game. Why did they not have the required equipment? This is a long running event at an established field, I usually see more preparation when playing outlaw ball.

Like I said in my earlier post I had higher expectations.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #98 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

I spoke with a player who turned ref Sunday. The reffing crew that bailed on them (because they thought it would be cold---not kidding) bailed on them Friday. That put them in a real pickle. Just a FYI. Also, did they ever catch the jackhole who shot at the neighbor? He was apparently on red wear a camo 81 jersey and a ballistics helmet. They might be able to spot in some pictures.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #99 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Oh man, I didn't hear about the neighbor.
Yeah, once the fire fight started Saturday morning, they should have just rolled with it.
My understanding was that NATO was hyping up near alpha and someone decided to charge, of course the other side reciprocated, and chaos ensued.
But a cease fire and reset, maybe want the best way to handle it.

My understanding was that the "new" ref squad wasnt real familiar with paintball in general, now I'm even more suprised at how things went.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #100 (permalink)

My first paintball game in 6 yrs.

It was great to see you again Goat and run with the LAPD crew for a while. Nice to meet Cfos and Minimag for a bit. My buddy's first big game and even with all kinds of problems with his marker he had a great time and will be back next year.

That being said...

The red tagged player, with the 81 Jersey was a cheater. He was found to be a Nato player, but I do not know his name. Covert reported him to Mamba, if no one else did. Can't believe it.. one bad apple That player was running around and flipping flags so no one was shooting him.

I was pretty surprised with the camping/parking situation. With the growth of this game it definitely should be better planned. they knew the numbers that were coming out.

An information booth is really needed for a game this size. I also had a lot of trouble finding out any information whatsoever.

Also at the main Warsaw entry, the ref? didn't even have any flagging tape, he just said to pick some up off the ground.. I had to go back and get some from the walk on registration and bring it to him.

Seems like quite a lot fell through the cracks this year.

Thank you very much for the groups stepping up and trying to help out with the game for everyone else.

A-A-ron

Last edited by aaron.dangelo; 11-14-2017 at 07:19 PM.
aaron.dangelo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games