mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #101 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I would have been tempted to prOvide a few paintballs to that cheater, welp his arms up real good.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #102 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
My understanding was that NATO was hyping up near alpha and someone decided to charge, of course the other side reciprocated, and chaos ensued.
But a cease fire and reset, maybe want the best way to handle it
I was part of the Warsaw squad that was at B4 just down the road from Alpha. We were there to blow the bridge as soon as the game started. Once the paint started falling on us most of the guys returned fire. Once the game was restarted we were wiped out quickly from both sides.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #103 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

If anyone knows who that guy is, say something. He came into the forest by the deadzone and shot that farmer. Cops were called. Stuff like this gets games shut down. If anyone has any idea at all about him, please post something. Those of us who were told were searching for him all Sunday and after it happened Sat.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 AM   #104 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I was part of the Warsaw squad that was at B4 just down the road from Alpha. We were there to blow the bridge as soon as the game started. Once the paint started falling on us most of the guys returned fire. Once the game was restarted we were wiped out quickly from both sides.
I was up the hill from the bridge but could only see our guys (Warsaw). My assumption is that Someone started playing based on time, by my watch it was a minute or so past the planned "game on" but they had still not fired the bird banger, when I heard the charges.
People moved on us at my location as well.

Organized chaos.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2017, 05:06 AM   #105 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.dangelo View Post
My first paintball game in 6 yrs.

It was great to see you again Goat and run with the LAPD crew for a while. Nice to meet Cfos and Minimag for a bit. My buddy's first big game and even with all kinds of problems with his marker he had a great time and will be back next year.

That being said...

The red tagged player, with the 81 Jersey was a cheater. He was found to be a Nato player, but I do not know his name. Covert reported him to Mamba, if no one else did. Can't believe it.. one bad apple That player was running around and flipping flags so no one was shooting him.

I was pretty surprised with the camping/parking situation. With the growth of this game it definitely should be better planned. they knew the numbers that were coming out.

An information booth is really needed for a game this size. I also had a lot of trouble finding out any information whatsoever.

Also at the main Warsaw entry, the ref? didn't even have any flagging tape, he just said to pick some up off the ground.. I had to go back and get some from the walk on registration and bring it to him.

Seems like quite a lot fell through the cracks this year.

Thank you very much for the groups stepping up and trying to help out with the game for everyone else.

A-A-ron
We are doing it again next year, you guys are welcome to run with us anytime, on and off field.

I bet once the pictures and video from the field start flowing, this guy with the 81 jersey will be found.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #106 (permalink)

I had a great time playing for NATO!

What I loved about fulda were the usual epic firefights and the amazing field that we have in CDWC. I didn't roam as much as usual this year, but I did enjoy hiding in a lot of the fallen brush.

My chief complain would be my usual chief complaint: The paint. I love Falken's higher end offerings, but for some reason they aren't offered at Fulda (except for last year, when the paint truck ran out of graffiti and I was able to snag a couple of cases of Redemption).

It isn't fun to be shot with bouncy paint. It isn't fun to shoot someone and watch your paint bounce off of them. I die inside with disappointment. I am baffled by anyone who thinks Valken Fate is acceptable as something that is ok to shoot at other people. That stuff was bouncing off of everything. I watched it bounce off of masks, bunkers, pods, trees, etc. Things that paint should just never bounce off of when it hits. Especially when I don't think temps broke 60*F all weekend?!

Fate did fly somewhat straight, as did the graffiti. Graffiti broke on target a little better. Still not impressed at $60 a case, but I knew what I was getting into. I look at it as part of the price of admission to what is otherwise such a great event at this point.

My suggested improvement would be to offer graffiti and redemption instead of Fate and graffiti at the current price structure. I wonder if we could approach the event organizers with a list of people willing to preorder better paint to get them to offer it. Retire Fate to wherever Monsterball ended up. Paintball hell or something.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #107 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

with the amount of people they draw I bet you could talk them into a preorder only on higher grade paint.

it might also be a fill and run issue, over 2000 cases of paint was used for this years game. might be getting what they can as Im sure it ties up the production lines for a while just to fill the order.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #108 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

The Fate I had was very dimpled. I ended up **** g it away and bought a bag of the higher end just to get roundish paint.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 AM   #109 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

I was shooting graffiti and wasn't having many issues. The fate you could see coming, and knew that after a certain distance it probably was bouncing. I won more than a few gunfights based on that and just trying to make sure it wasn't hitting my mask or marker. I felt worse for the first strike guys. Those things just were not breaking unless they were hitting square and onto something hard. Being a bit of a fluffy guy, my natural bounce armor kept me out there quite a bit.

From what I have heard from field owners, scenarios get the short end of the stick in terms of paint. Better paint tends to go off to tournies while scenarios get the stuff that's been sitting for a bit. That's just what I've heard from a few field owners, but that could be wrong.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #110 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I had a first strike hit just below my nipple, I tapped out, almost cried. ..ok, so I did cry a little, don't judge me.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games