mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
bosgarage57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East TN

Fulda Gap 2017

Alright, so I didn't want to make the thread hoping someone else that has been before will, but a couple of friends and myself will be going to Fulda Gap this year for the first time. Anyone else going? Probably be staying at a hotel nearby and not camping unfortunately. Would love to talk to some other people and maybe get on a squad with people im familiar with.

Fulda - Home

November 10-12

Welcome to 2017's Fulda Gap Scenario Event!!! In 2016, 2x winning NATO General Eric Engler (of Engler Paintball Guns) lost to the Warsaw Pact General, Steven Armstrong, but is returning to regain his title! This year General Engler will be pitted against Maureen "Bondchick" Armstrong (2016 winning XO).

The 2016 Fulda broke all attendance records, with over 1300 participants and 16 tanks. The 2017 game is expected to be even larger than that. This will make the 12th running of Fulda Gap Paintball.
bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Un-Active Member
 
SEFishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virgina

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Yeah I'll probably be out to this one with the bush hogs. I was down there for the walking dead too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
Electros For Sale

Mechs For Sale
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
bosgarage57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFishy View Post
Yeah I'll probably be out to this one with the bush hogs. I was down there for the walking dead too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
How was it? I wanted to make it but had prior plans.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
__________________
My feedback thread
bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Un-Active Member
 
SEFishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virgina

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Was a good time. Spent Friday and night drunk with everyone else, Saturday started a tad late but went off as planned after that. About halfway through rick stole all of negens props making it impossible for him to win. Was a land slide victory after that.

We only had maybe 200 players all together. I was a zombie, and just wrecked havok the whole time with the new head shot only rule for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
Electros For Sale

Mechs For Sale
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
bosgarage57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFishy View Post
Was a good time. Spent Friday and night drunk with everyone else, Saturday started a tad late but went off as planned after that. About halfway through rick stole all of negens props making it impossible for him to win. Was a land slide victory after that.

We only had maybe 200 players all together. I was a zombie, and just wrecked havok the whole time with the new head shot only rule for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Very cool, sorry I missed it. I'm excited to see Fulda and how it turns out. I was thinking of being on NATO's side.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
__________________
My feedback thread
bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
Very cool, sorry I missed it. I'm excited to see Fulda and how it turns out. I was thinking of being on NATO's side.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Got a crew coming from Raleigh to play Fulda. We even have a crew from South Florida coming up. Fulda is a GREAT event!
We are playing NATO 3-17 Inft if you want to join us. Base is Sim City, so the walk to/from the parking lot isn't bad.
Sfy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
bosgarage57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfy03 View Post
Got a crew coming from Raleigh to play Fulda. We even have a crew from South Florida coming up. Fulda is a GREAT event!
We are playing NATO 3-17 Inft if you want to join us. Base is Sim City, so the walk to/from the parking lot isn't bad.
Cool thank you for the invite we will look into it. I'm excited, probably going to register this weekend or next and order paint.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
__________________
My feedback thread
bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Un-Active Member
 
SEFishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Virgina

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
We was also planning on NATO this time. I'll get the details as it gets closer. The weather will determine my stay of course. Nov is cold in nc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
Electros For Sale

Mechs For Sale
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009

We will be camping out for the weekend again, team TBD, but we were NATO last year.

Weather in that part of the state is normally nice in early Nov, mild during the day, cold at night.

Last year it was mid-upper 50's during the day, and high twenties at night.

Hope to meet a few more MCB'ers this year!
__________________
My Feedback
pearcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Raleighpaintball.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

I camped for about 5 years and it gets crazy cold out there. I now stay at the Red Roof Inn just off the highway. It is a nice place and most of the Fulda players take over the hotel for the weekend. It is right next to mello mushroom for dinner and you pass a bojangles on the way to the field each morning.

I have not played for Nato in many years, but if others are going there from Raleigh/Durham then maybe that is where I will sign up.
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC