mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 07-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Fulda Gap 2018 November 2nd-4th 2018

Fulda Gap '18
​Scenario Paintball Game

(click on the link to go to the game webpage)
November 2-4, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE. FULDA GAP 2018 will be the FIRST WEEKEND of NOVEMBER!!! Fulda and World Cup swapped weekends for 2018.

​Welcome to 2018's Fulda Gap Scenario Event!!! In 2017, 2x winning NATO General Eric Engler (of Engler Paintball Guns) tied to the Warsaw Pact General, Richard "Mamba" Money, in the only absolute tie Fulda Gap has ever had! This year General Engler will be pitted against General Mamba for what everyone is calling the rematch of the decade.

The 2017 Fulda broke all attendance records, with over 1500 participants and 16 tanks. The 2018 game is expected to be even larger than that. This will make the 13th running of Fulda Gap Paintball.

Registration is open through Scenariosupply.com - links to pre-register are found under the NATO or Warsaw unit pages and next to/under each specific unit. This software will automatically close units when they reach their limit caps. Pre-register before July 15 and get your paint at a $10 per case discount! Pre-registration saves you money, gets you on the side and unit you prefer, and helps us to plan. Pre-registration will open on June 1, 2018. PLEASE PRE-REGISTER!! Tiered pricing goes into effect after that but spaces on units will also start to run out. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!If you haven't experienced Fulda Gap in the past - DO NOT MISS 2018's game.

Our field is in the foothills of North Carolina - just outside of Hickory. We PRIDE ourselves on making this game ABOUT THE PLAYER. We love our teams, and sure - celebrity appearances are great - but what we like most is people coming together to share in an incredible weekend of the sport. Parents can feel COMFORTABLE introducing their teens to a big scenario event at our game. We invite vendors who SUPPORT THE PLAYER. We invite up and coming vendors with new product to introduce to THE PLAYER. We will always be a primitive field, with few bells and whistles, to keep the costs TO THE PLAYER reasonable, and affordable. We want YOU to have a safe, fun, as-drama-free weekend as possible - which includes GOOD AIR FILLS (we are once again contracting our air to Quickshot Paintball), GREAT PAINT TO SHOOT, REFS WHO DO THEIR JOB, and of course - camaraderie among all who attend.

Fulda Gap has been widely published and ranked in the TOP 8 MUST ATTEND EVENTS in in paintball by a number of international publications! Get on YouTube and search Fulda Gap videos - our tank battles are EPIC. Come battle alongside or against them on the field! We welcome teams to come and use this exercise as a way to prove and refine their skills! We have teams that have been attending this game for the past 12 years we've held it!

Both food and product vendors will be on site, and primitive camping areas will be available (sorry, no RV hookups). Camping is FREE but limited so plan to get to the field EARLY. Our field is approximately 20 minutes away from Hickory, North Carolina which has numerous hotels - should you so choose not to camp. Keep checking back as we will continue to make updates to the registration information, vendors, rules, commanders & units, etc., as we close in on the event.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

So who is in this year, what unit are you playing for?

Axel and I are playing for the 172nd on Warsaw. If you have not registered yet the price goes up after The 15th of July.
Quote:

Feedback
Old 07-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not Northern per Mar

Hoping to make Saturday at least, school and work makes anything difficult.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive View Post
Hoping to make Saturday at least, school and work makes anything difficult.
Come fight with us on Saturday!
Quote:

Feedback
Old 07-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
I'll be there again! Warsaw, but not sure which unit...

Edit: Just signed up for 172 Guards

Last edited by Saint_TGM; 07-07-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Saint_TGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

I really want to make it out to this game! Not sure if I'llbe able to at the moment, work schedule is up in the air. Do you guys camp out when you go?
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Camping is a great part of the game but I think we are going to hotel it this year just to keep the amount of gear in the car to a minimum (carpooling this year)
Quote:

Feedback
Old 07-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
I really want to make it out to this game! Not sure if I'llbe able to at the moment, work schedule is up in the air. Do you guys camp out when you go?
I like the camping part too. One of the problems with staying off-site is the wait-time to get in. the field is off of a small road, and the parking infrastructure on the field property itself is barely sufficient. Last year, it took forever for folks arriving the day of to get in and parked, so much so, that they had to delay start of game by a whole hour. If you're able, I highly suggest camping!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I'm going to try and make it, never been though. Need to know how much paint to buy lol
Check Six Paintball Team
https://www.checksixpaintball.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeathKlownGaming
DranDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

As for paint - I normally switch back and forth from pump to mech. I shoot about a case each day. Back about 5 years ago when I did Electro, it was about 3 cases to get thru the weekend. I enjoyed playing on each side of the field, so not sure who to sign with. Last year I played along side team Backlash. They were a good group of guys that I might try to track down again.
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games