mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Check out the new footage from Spantastik of the 2018 game!!! Hot off the press!!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvY9ujPM1_g
Abaumblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to left handed

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
I don’t know; they did years ago (I rocked one for a few days) but I heard they were having issues with empty 12 grams left on the field. There were rule changes but for some reason I think they were making an exception for stock class. Definitely worth looking into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaumblue View Post
Stock class are allowed on the field for sure. Multiple vendors will be selling 12 grams on site.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TmpyyWyogI
Check out the documentary made around the event now available on vimeo!!
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/soldierso...33UxBVWS7TJSIg
I have also confirmed via email that 12grams (stock class) is allowed. Thanks for the replies.

Pick up your empties my dudes!

left handed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

I used my stock class phantom when I went back in 2012. Bought a badass Warped Sports Dark 'Cocker while there for $250 too!! I had an electro but I HATE just shooting to shoot so I only used it once. Mostly I used my open class pump.

Anyway, the point of this is, you're going to be VERY out gunned playing stock class. There are SO many people shooting SO much paint all the time. I eventually got tired of even carrying around my pump so I would just go out without a gun at all. I thought it was fun to just sneak up on the other team or see how close I could get. It was fun in my mind to have 20-30 people wasting hundreds of rounds of paint each trying to shoot me.

To me the game felt pointless and poorly managed. The spawn points were super far away from the action. You could take provisions out with you and stash them at the safe zones, sure. But then you had to go all the way to that specific safe zone which again, was no where near where ya ended up. I'd say the majority of the game is spent walking.

I had fun once I stopped trying to play the game and made my own games trying to tag out people without a marker or see how many group huddles I could walk up to before anyone noticed I was part of the other team.
Group of 10 or so guys planning their attack:
Player 1:"Joe, you, Frank and Shazbot go around to the left. Bones and I will take these 3 guys and go around to the right."
Me: "I don't suppose all of you guys would like to consider yourselves eliminated by chance would you?"
(Blank stares, head tilts with questioning eyes) "Why would we?"
Me: (I look at my arm band then at theirs, then back at mine) "Cause you're all out?" *Smile
Me6 guns all point at me at once) "Yeah I didn't think so, but it was nice to meet you!"
Old 02-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

My experience was fun. 2009 82nd Airborne Pathfinders. During the main event we mostly charged in and took positions but nobody would follow us. We would all be shot out during the counterattack due to lack of reinforcements. This repeated over and over. You’d be surprised how many people will just run away from a defensive position when they are charged at by 30 people crossing open ground. I found a lot of open ground without much cover made pump play often impractical. During the big game I switched to my A5. These days I’m not in nearly as good of shape; if I did it again I’d probably stick with stock class. The lighter weight would be worth it in the long run.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

You gentlemen are correct. In years past there was alot of hiking involved, but the event coordinators have listened and adjusted accordingly. There will be more centralized action at the objectives. The new format is truly making it so that you get more bang for your buck. To top it off the o-course on Wednesday will be giving some serious prizes away to the participants. The sport itself is evolving and so is this game. The Facebook group page will have all the fine details in weeks to come.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
giant robot

Good to see they're actually promoting it this year. Seems like there's someone with a fire under them.

Quote:
My yearly reminder that i really should go to 1 of these considering i live an hour an a half away. O well maybe next year.
I live 20+ hours and $2000+ of air travel away and can only dream of playing a big scenario in the US. It's a travesty that you haven't!

Last edited by vijil; 02-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

My friends and I played on the German side for about 4-5 years in a row back in the mid to late 2000s.

We’re thinking about returning again this year and maybe giving the allies a shot this time.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Glad to hear you all will be coming. This past weekend a small mini scenario called Pandemonium was held at the field and despite the rapidly changing weather went very well, around 100 players. Pictures will be posted on the dday Facebook page that were taken by Fierbrand405.com and are free to download.

To everyone else get registered as soon as possible to get your spot. Camping is included with registration and you are not limited to a designated amount of camping space, its first come first serve and there is plenty of space available, rv slots are also available and you dont have to pay for parking. It's all including with your registration, even air. Hope to see you on the field!!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Official park announcement:
D-Day Adventure Park Schedule of Events – 2019

For the 75th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day Adventure Park invites you to our 22nd annual game. This year we're changing up the weeks schedule to allow you to explore different aspects of the paintball scenarios. We'll have scored mini-scenarios beginning Thursday - breaking up our traditional 8-hour game and focusing on specific aspects of each section of our playing field. Along with our Utah and Omaha Beach Objectives, there will be new Airborne and Pathfinder objectives running concurrent during those beach landings. These objectives include: Brecourt Manor - Operation Albany - Operation Boston - and many more! We'll also be bringing back Operation Goodwood - Tank on Tank Battle and a new mini-scenario with an WWII - Ancient Aliens - Hydra/Marvel twist - Battlefield Oklahoma!
Other games and details are still in the works! Look for individual mini-scenario event pages to pop-up with detailed information in the near future! See you on the field!
Daily activities
0700 – Flag call
0800 – 2000 – Check In & Orientation D-Day Café
0800 – 1800 – Paint Room open
0800 – 2000 – Air room open
1800 – Flag Call
1900 – 1930 – Military Style church service
1900 – 2300 – Air ball Field Open - Open play
Monday
1400 – Assemble for Game
1500 - 1700 – Caen Playing field - Mini-Scenario
Tuesday
0800 – Assemble for Game – Game on at 0900
0900 – 1130 – Mini-Scenario – Battlefield Oklahoma
1300 – 1500 – Mini-Scenario - TBA
Wednesday
0800 – Assemble for Game – Game on at 0900
0900 – 1100 – V2 Rocket Mini-Scenario – *new location/new objectives*
1200 – Assemble for Game
1300 – 1500 Mag Feed Only – Siege of Bastogne
1600 – 1800 – Obstacle Course
1800 - D-Day Adventure Park Opening Ceremonies
• Costume Contest
• Valken Player Party
Thursday
0800 – Assemble for the game – Trucks depart for Utah Beach
0830 – Pathfinder Insertion
0900-1130 – Utah Beach Game On
• 0900 – Airborne Chalks Begin
• 0900 – Pathfinders Secure Drop Zones / Mission Specific
• 0900 – 1130 - Operation Albany
• 0900 – 1130 - Brécourt Manor Assault

1400 – Assemble for the Game
1500-1700 – Operation Goodwood – Tank on Tank & Tanks vs Tubes
Friday
0800 – Assemble for the Game – Trucks depart for Omaha Beach
0830 – Pathfinder Insertion
0900-1130 – Omaha Beach Game On
• 0900 – Airborne Chalks begin
• 0900 – Pathfinders Secure Drop Zones / Mission Specific
• 0900 – 1130 - Operation Boston
• 0900 – 1130 - Sainte-Mère-Église
1300 – TBD – Oklahoma D-Day Door Gunner Challenge
1300 – Prep for Saturday – Field Closed
Saturday -
0600 – chrono/air room open
0630 – referee meeting
0730 – Troops are put into position (no persons on the field before this time)
0900-1700 – Oklahoma D-Day+1 – 2019 Game On!!!
For Saturday troop placement will be carefully coordinated with unit commanders, based on success / failure of the Thursday & Friday scenarios. This game is still a work in progress. Essential information will be released at a later time.
1700-1730 – All point items must be turned in to be counted
1800 – Award Ceremony / Closing Ceremonies
Old 04-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Officially registered myself and two buddies for the 4th ID at Utah.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games