mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 11-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #221 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
Sorry guys never had the opportunity to make it to Falkirk. I was holding Hamburger Hill, trying to push Alpha.

Oh and thanks for all the targets. Being outnumbered by 300 people (literally) made it easy to find targets.

On sunday I was holding Duckett. Nice job shutting that bridge down. We were supposed to have 75 people to push the bridge and for Alpha, we had 36. LOL.

Had a blast, and looking forward to next year.
I missed Falkirk too, for the same reason, but I was holding Alpha! I bet we got to swap paint! That damn orange smoke though... Good times!

Overall, this was one of the better Fulda Gaps in the past 10 years. It was great seeing some new faces, and I'm looking forward to next year!
Old 11-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Hey, you guys were setup right next to me in the parking area, I held your spot. Loved watching you guys play on the field - very aggressive and fun to watch.
Thanks for that.
I was the one in the floppy hat carrying the flag.
We have fun wherever we go and try to create fun for the people around us (on both sides). Glad it worked.

And being NATO proved much harder than Warsaw.
Now our team has a dilemma because we HATED the hills on the NATO side, but going back to Warsaw just seems unfair.

Last edited by bowcycle; 11-05-2019 at 11:46 PM.
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Awww, I didn't see this till today (I was busy with fam for most of Halloween, then finishing packing then driving, and I was off the internet for the weekend). I spent the event with Capitol Offense, and we spent most of the event over near Holiday (and crossing the DMZ from there).

Being that this was my first paintball outing in five years, I didn't do as well as I would've liked to, I did nail a couple costumed Warsaw folks- one wearing a big (stuffed) Panda head, and in the last 30min of the scenario, an individual in a pink bunny suit.
No worries.
Hopefully we’ll have another chance sometime.
Just keep that creativity flowing in the mean time.
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #224 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Quote:
The ripper reflex cocker? I saw you at Simon's booth there for a bit if so.

Had a huge blast. Played Warsaw day one - hard push into Alpha in the beginning. After that we held and pushed a bit at Chickenhawk. I went NATO Sunday, and played with my Mech. Besides blowing into the conex, eating a lot of paint from Warsaw, there wasn't much progress. Still it was fun to have some serious heat on us the whole time.

Playing with Big Nasty was a treat. That was fun man.
Yep! It's actually a Twister with one of my Annihilation kits, a modern take on reflexes. It worked really well this weekend, and there were times that I felt like I really kinda needed it! I got in the concrete bunker in the front of Sim and really kind of had to unload. Was getting shot at from all over the place!

I was hanging out at Inception for a while on Friday night for sure. Simon had Jack Wood hanging out there along with UV Halo and myself, and as somewhat of an engineering/designing-for-paintball-nerd, I was happy to be there. Was a couple hours well spent!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
I was hanging out at Inception for a while on Friday night for sure.
Yeah, when you first came up and looked at the way to install the ram to push the trigger on Simon's new hinge I was sitting right there - glasses and a beard. Next time we will have to chat more. I have actually held and helped work on the original Reflex T2 has with Tim. I did a video of me waking him up with it at Cup a few years back.

I missed Jack this year, next year I think I will be 'Vendoring' and will try and catch them more.

Quote:
Thanks for that.
I was the one in the floppy hat carrying the flag.
Ah! Yes! And NATO was a hamburger grinder. I took far more there in an hour than all of Saturday combined.

I already want to go back, as soon as the ribs heal.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

Last edited by J4 Paintball; 11-06-2019 at 11:55 AM.
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #226 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Quote:
Yeah, when you first came up and looked at the way to install the ram to push the trigger on Simon's new hinge I was sitting right there - glasses and a beard. Next time we will have to chat more. I have actually held and helped work on the original Reflex T2 has with Tim. I did a video of me waking him up with it at Cup a few years back.

I missed Jack this year, next year I think I will be 'Vendoring' and will try and catch them more.
I actually own that prototype reflex (it's a weirdo, got it from T2 awhile ago), along with 3 others with the original kits. I like them a lot and use them a ton, and there were a lot of areas to improve on them. And I think I can make the swing style work, the odd part is the trigger geometry.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games