mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
i used to run with the 8.1; maintenance is fairly simple. i think both markers have their little quirks (ie. the trigger/spring on the 8.1). i actually find the tpx easier though, although there is more little stuff to "watch out" for. the clamshell design definitely causes a few potential "oh ____!!!" moments.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
i have 2 bk bolts in my tpxs and haven't noticed any increased breakage.

Tibby pistols are fine imo. The mags suck total donkey dick though. Have fun lugging around those anchors.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
T-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
i have 2 bk bolts in my tpxs and haven't noticed any increased breakage.

Tibby pistols are fine imo. The mags suck total donkey dick though. Have fun lugging around those anchors.
This, basically.

I wouldn't mind playing with a tibby, but the giant grip and heavy *** mags really don't suit me.

No noticeable problems with the TechT bolt, slightly increased efficiency. I can get between 25-30 shots per 12g most days unless it's very cold. And that's usually at 250 or 270 fps
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input guys. Already traded off my Tipx for an 8.1 which should be here soon.

I did receive the other silver 8.1 I purchased and was wondering if that model of mag will work with the killjoy extenders? It's the model of mag that has the guide slot on one side and the tool-less screw in nob that pulls down (not the half moon type). Just want to make sure those will work with just the killjoy extender so I can possibly save instead of buying a new extended mag.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Xombie it sounds like that mag you have is an 8.1 with one of the original tooless changers from the 8.0 mags. If you look at the bottom of the 2.0 mags and 8.1 mags and the screw position they are almost identical but fo rthe plastic door that you can remove to clean inside the mags. The shape of these and crucially the slot in which it sits are different. Meaning killjoy extended mags do not work with the 8.1 mags.

However there are two things you can look for other than a killjoy extendo which are very very heavy. i have three and while they work well are very heavy, don't really work in Fazmags due to the weight distribution (unlike Zeta's which weigh nothing) and are rediculously expensive. I'm currently waiting for the Stark pursuits grip replacement which allows the tibby to use Zeta's. But there is another dude out there working on a mag insert which allows zeta's to be used in a non modified tibby. It would require running it on HPA (well both would) but that one I prefer cos I love the tibby grip.

My advice would get one extendo and no more to see how it feels (maybe two, one for each pistol) or try them before you buy.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks, Bite!

I'm thinking of getting one killjoy extendo setup just to have but I've also been looking into macgyvering one from some ideas on this site. Just a matter of finding the time and money atm.

I saw that grip that Stark was/is going to produce and it seems pretty cool but idk, have to feel it in the hands.

Question on that note, if I were to get/install the remote adapter for the 8.1 will I still be able to use 12ies in the mags with it? That was one thing I liked about the TiPX was being able to use 12ies with the remote adapter but wasn't sure if the Tibs worked the same way. Not saying I'm going to use it with a 12ie in mag and connected to a remote line, just want to know if I can use 12ies if the adapter is installed and not connected to a line.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Unfortunately you can't use the remote adapter at the same time as 12vies. When you install the adapter one of the parts you replace is that metal pin that sticks into your magazine valve from a hollow pin to a solid one. It does not take long to switch over but is a bit of a shame you can't use both.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms