mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

T68 Gen3 Part Locations

Just a bit of a conundrum here.

I am seriously considering keeping my Gen3 Pistol, because other than the reload it's not failed me yet. The problem, however, is that Rap4 will now be discontinuing them, and as soon as parts run out that's it.

So my question then is, is there any place I could look at, or other gun parts I could use to keep this thing running for a few more years, or should I just buy one of each part before it's too late?

or am I just SOL on this one?
Zeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
sell it and buy a TPX?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

I tried selling it before, I had no takers here, the local classifieds, craigslist, or Ebay.

Plus I really am not a fan of magfed pistols. The magazines themselves are pricey and I'd prefer the 10 round tubes for paint.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
good luck!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Keep it as a back up pistol. I really regret selling my gen3 t68 pistol, it too never failed me and by all accounts is still working and being used by the fella I sold it too, two years later. I would get a few spares while you can. Has rap4 discontinued it completely already?
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

No it hasn't discontinued completely yet. What I might do is grab maybe 2 cup seal replacements and a few guts to keep around for repairs. Don't really need the body or extra magazine so that might save some costs if I plan to keep it as a backup, but if I do I really gotta do something about a top load mod.

If you really want to grab one, they're going on clearance for $85 a piece brand new. A steal if you plan on keeping one.

Last edited by Zeren; 10-09-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Most of these STBB type pistols use spyder innards so it won't get hard to find replacements for a long time. I would grab pierce seals and extra springfeed springs for the long haul as those are probably more unique than the valve, cup seal, etc. oh, sears might be a good pickup too, they do wear out eventually.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Most of these STBB type pistols use spyder innards so it won't get hard to find replacements for a long time. I would grab pierce seals and extra springfeed springs for the long haul as those are probably more unique than the valve, cup seal, etc. oh, sears might be a good pickup too, they do wear out eventually.
This is very helpful information! Danke

Also Pistol, think the SA-17 Pierce Seals and Sears might work with the SA-17? Those are likely in far more production than anything else. What I am hoping to do is to begin making a list of what part in the T68 I can begin to replace with Spyder parts if necessary. I am not sure if the striker and the bolt will be easily found, but a lot of the smaller springs and seals might work nicely.

Last edited by Zeren; 10-09-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I've never held a T68 in my hands so I really couldn't tell you if anything would be compatible between the two. I'd lean toward no since the sa17 has a larger diameter front plug where the T68 looks like it's the same bore all the way through on the bottom tube. As far as I know the SA17 has also been discontinued.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

The SA-17 has been discontinued yes, but I get the feeling that a lot of the parts there are also used in the BT-4 and other Empire parts, so I'd see no reason as to why the specific parts can't be bought.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms