mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Zeuse issue

Warsensor zeus.
Was leaking down the barrel. Took valve apart and replaced O rings, same size as tank rings so I replaced them with neoprene tank rings.
Now it dumps a whole 12g down in half a second.
Cup seal looks.fine, no idea what is wrong.
I need help, this is one of a pair that are my favorite marker, and I don't have access to anything more than a hardware store for parts.
I think and hope I just put a piece in the wrong spot, but I can't figure it out.
Don't know if I fixed anything shaping out the o rings, cus can't find a small leak when looking at a zero seal scenario
Thanks all who can help
Istobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fixed it!
For anyone that runs into this, I'll tell you what happened, even though I feel stupid about it.
I butchered the o rings when I put it in. It was to big. When it was pushed in on 75 percent of the way around it bunched out on the side with the slot for the bolt hammer connection. When it got to the spot where it was on all sides, it cut off about 1/4" of ring. It barely needs an online ring on the hammer side of the valve, but the pressure side is super important, like I described. Replaced it with a smaller diamiter orange, stretched into the Grove, and viola! Takes a few seconds to seat, or one shot, but it always did that. So I am happy.
Testing shots to a 12g, does anyone know if there is a difference between dry firing and shooting paint? Like all I want to know is how many shots to a 12g I am getting, do I need to be shooting paint?
Also, is there a correlation to a predictable shot and velocity below 300fps? I am more of a 5-30' engagement range, keep my guns around 260. Might get me an extra shot or 2 but I wonder if anyone noticed more floating/drifting at higher velocities.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

As for shots off a 12 it is important to check over a chrono. You may technically get a few more shots but the last couple could be sub 230 or even less and be useless. Haven't checked how much reball is but it comes in handy for teching.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istobla View Post
Fixed it!
For anyone that runs into this, I'll tell you what happened, even though I feel stupid about it.
I butchered the o rings when I put it in. It was to big. When it was pushed in on 75 percent of the way around it bunched out on the side with the slot for the bolt hammer connection. When it got to the spot where it was on all sides, it cut off about 1/4" of ring. It barely needs an online ring on the hammer side of the valve, but the pressure side is super important, like I described. Replaced it with a smaller diamiter orange, stretched into the Grove, and viola! Takes a few seconds to seat, or one shot, but it always did that. So I am happy.
Testing shots to a 12g, does anyone know if there is a difference between dry firing and shooting paint? Like all I want to know is how many shots to a 12g I am getting, do I need to be shooting paint?
Also, is there a correlation to a predictable shot and velocity below 300fps? I am more of a 5-30' engagement range, keep my guns around 260. Might get me an extra shot or 2 but I wonder if anyone noticed more floating/drifting at higher velocities.
Almost surprised it didn't wind up being that you put the valve body in backwards (it's practically a.zeus ownership right of passage)...

If you want to test for efficiency yes you need paint. Paint in the barrel keeps some residual backpressure in the valve chamber so it reduces the amount of air that escapes. Also, you need paint to chrono, and without chronoing you have no idea what the efficiency is. You may get 10 shots when it's dialed up to 320 or 25 when it's dialed to 280. Set the velocity first, then dump the 12ie and put in a fresh one to count shots.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

It did it again, and I butchered another set of our rings trying to fix it, then I took everything apart and put it together through the front of the gun, this ment I needed to take the brass Pierce block out, but anyway, works now. Tank of rings are the right size, but getting them in there without wrecking them is the trick. But going in the front it goes in on all sides so it can't bunch out in a spot, wish I has a valve tool, I had to push both parts of the gun out the front from the back with a dowel
Old 04-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

K, it chewed up another set of rings, I think it is only leaking around the Pierce block. I can feel it around the set screw. What are the right rings for a warsensor zeus? I am still torn, cus it seams like tank rings would work well if I could just get them in place without breaking them. How tight should a valve part (front or back?) be when it goes in?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

K, bit of Google fu, and found a warsensor manual. A tank of rings is 15, a warsensor valve out ring is 14. So I can't use the big pack of tank rings and need a pack of 14x1.78 o rings. Think they will have them at princess auto?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't know what Princess auto is but Ace hardware usually has a decent selection of O rings. Kits from Harbor Freight are usually the wrong size. Other option is to go to a paintball shop. They probably would have what you need.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah, harbor freight and princess auto probably only carry imperial sizes. 14x1.78 is the metric, I don't know the imperial size.
Tank rings are 15 and #8 imperial. I could just get the next size smaller.
Anyway, I think I need to order a pack from somewhere, always good to have a supply of wear parts.
Because they are internal, not like a tank that comes on and off a bunch, I guess they should be softer? The ones I took off the valve were super soft and blue.
What is the best material? Some say not suitable for synthetic oil, would paintball oil wreck them?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Buna or urathane are the standard materials for PB orings. I think there is a website called oring monkey or something similar that my local field gets all of their rings from. There is also a member here that sells rings. Don't have a link off hand, I'll see if I can find it.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms