mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

FSC Pistol

ROCKSTAR Tactical Systems - Search Results for "fsc pistol"
The new FSC pistol is finally here. The grip looks smaller but I donít know about stocking 12 AND 8 gram cartridges though...

Every day people are leaving the Catholic Church... and returning to God.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
ROCKSTAR Tactical Systems - Search Results for "fsc pistol"
The new FSC pistol is finally here. The grip looks smaller but I donít know about stocking 12 AND 8 gram cartridges though...
no and no.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I dont hate the concept. I mean its small, for a side arm its great. 8gram and shorter barrel i can live with.
And im not usually one to rant about price. But its 150 dollars more then the t8. 1 for a pistol with basically the same internals but with a smaller frame and barrel.

Ive been playing pistol as primary for a while now and only just recently switchsd to a bigger platform. Exept for big events i rarely carry a secondary simply because i find em cumbersome and useless for recball. Having something this small could make me wanna carry one. But at that price. Im gonna pass.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

My problem is, if you carry it you're going to carry some combination of mags. Since it says it takes regular Tiberius mags you will probably carry a couple of those boat anchors because running around w six round mags... Anyway, I can see the appeal of a smaller pistol but anyone who has ever played pistol primary or had to yank one out of a holster at a big game can tell you that every ball counts. How many times have I lost a whole mag to a ball break and just decided to bypass the whole mag just because single ball accuracy is so important. Then there's the bounces...

If I had one of these I would quickly wrap myself in the largest capacity magazines for it I could find, which would make this pistol playable and defeat the purpose of having a smaller pistol.

Every day people are leaving the Catholic Church... and returning to God.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I maintain that they're making new markers when they'd be better off making new, lighter, better magazines for the existing ones. The FSC is a pistol that virtually no one was asking for, and except for size and weight it does nothing to improve on the T8.1. It's hard enough finding a field that keeps good 12ies in stock at a fair price. 8g's? Come on. They didn't even have sense enough to drop the twist lock barrel in favor of something threaded with broad compatibility (cough cough*** cocker*** cough cough).

Players DID ask for airless mags to go along with their remote kits. They've been asking for lighter mags since the marker was called the Tac 8. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't cut the weight of the regular mags in half by going with a composite or composite clad metal skeleton instead of all cast aluminum, even retaining the 12g changer. Airless mags of various capacities should be a no-brainer. And to charge almost double the price of a T8.1 for a miniaturized, but unimproved, counterpart? Get outta here.

Nobody stopped buying T8.1's and T9.1's because they were bad markers. They stopped buying them because the TIPX's mags at less than half the price of Tib mags and the ability to carry more of them due to smaller size and weight made it the more attractive option. The FSC fails to change any of this.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
...The FSC fails to change any of this.
Agree. While I like it, it's a huge tease.

Imagine my face when I saw "light-weight composite mags" followed by "6-round, 8g co2, not backwards compatible with t8.1."
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Nobody stopped buying T8.1's and T9.1's because they were bad markers. They stopped buying them because the TIPX's mags at less than half the price of Tib mags and the ability to carry more of them due to smaller size and weight made it the more attractive option. The FSC fails to change any of this.
Exactly this. I sold my T8 awhile back because the mags were expensive, heavy, bulky and required a 12 gram for each one. If the check valve leaks, that's just one more thing you need to maintain in each magazine. These issues (and the constant chopping) are what initially turned me off to magfed as a whole. Thankfully, I decided to give it a second chance and I'm really liking the TiPX. I have ten seven-round mags on my rig and they seemingly weigh next to nothing. The mag change is significantly smoother than with the T8 and I can easily change between 12 grams and a remote line.

Looking at the FSC, I see an expensive flop in the making. First Strike really needs to re-evaluate what many players are looking for because Tippmann is killing it in the entry to mid-range market.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I maintain that they're making new markers when they'd be better off making new, lighter, better magazines for the existing ones. The FSC is a pistol that virtually no one was asking for, and except for size and weight it does nothing to improve on the T8.1. It's hard enough finding a field that keeps good 12ies in stock at a fair price. 8g's? Come on. They didn't even have sense enough to drop the twist lock barrel in favor of something threaded with broad compatibility (cough cough*** cocker*** cough cough).

Players DID ask for airless mags to go along with their remote kits. They've been asking for lighter mags since the marker was called the Tac 8. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't cut the weight of the regular mags in half by going with a composite or composite clad metal skeleton instead of all cast aluminum, even retaining the 12g changer. Airless mags of various capacities should be a no-brainer. And to charge almost double the price of a T8.1 for a miniaturized, but unimproved, counterpart? Get outta here.

Nailed it.

I personally prefer the shot and accuracy on a stock Tib pistol over a Tipx, yet I keep going back to the Tipx. Why? I hate the mags, and the fat grip on the Tib and I wear 2XL gloves...

I've owned six Tibs and sold every one. I just can't get past the grip and mags.

I was hopeful for this FSC when I heard about it, but they dropped the ball. It's nothing more than a T8.1 with a barrel chop and a grip reduction, at a $150 mark up over the 8.1.

No freaking thanks.

Shrink the grip and bring me airless mags (without some weird Zeta adapter), Tiberius/FS then we'll talk.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I chopped down a T8 I called it the cricket. Basically an fsc. It kicked like a mule and was loud as hell. A 9.1 as a pistol with a fixxer ghost mag was a smooth shooting beast . Muzzle rise and weight distribution was awsome! I use the tipx as a back up ! All of it is Light and affordable ! Which is What a FSR shooter like me needs in case of a close encounter! Not to mention I don't use a 12 gram till I need it $$$$
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Exactly this. I sold my T8 awhile back because the mags were expensive, heavy, bulky and required a 12 gram for each one. If the check valve leaks, that's just one more thing you need to maintain in each magazine. These issues (and the constant chopping) are what initially turned me off to magfed as a whole. Thankfully, I decided to give it a second chance and I'm really liking the TiPX. I have ten seven-round mags on my rig and they seemingly weigh next to nothing. The mag change is significantly smoother than with the T8 and I can easily change between 12 grams and a remote line.

Looking at the FSC, I see an expensive flop in the making. First Strike really needs to re-evaluate what many players are looking for because Tippmann is killing it in the entry to mid-range market.
Actually i loved the 12g in mag. Having a fresh 12g in everymag change was great. The feel and balance of my t8. 1 felt better then my tipx. With that beeing said. I sold mine because, like everyone. Too costly. I wanted to play pistol primary. I had 4 t8. 1 mags and wasnt enough. And extendo mags back then was about 200$cad if i remember correctly (correct me if im wrong on price). Tipx pistol was cheeper and for the price on 1 8rbd mag i had 2 zetas and still had money left over. So i went with tipx and traded my t8.1 for an empire sniper. Wich i think was a good deal

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms