mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Core ZX help/info needed

Never really messed with one of these pistols before I hear there similar to other pistols of its style like the delta 68. and that they are very similar to the spyder but thatís all I know. is there any other info I should know? Its currently not functional dropped a 12gram and had a major leak near the valve area where the push pin sits I was able to cycle it a few times before she gave out on me so Iím wondering are parts still made? And could I use parts from a Spyder?

Name:  IMG_1551.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  243.4 KB?
Robertpeace233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Old Mech's Warrior

Similar to delta 68, closer to a Zues G1, sounds like you might need new o-rings through out given what you described. they are similar to a spyder in function and some of the o-rings are the same, 015-(tank o-rings). Cup seal ,valve stem,valve body,valve spring and valve guide are usually spyder compatible. also check the o-ring behind the pierce pin.

If you look in the paintball manuals section under WarSensor or Armotech G1 they have manuals and a good schematic of the marker and its parts,good assist for checking proper assembly.
I'm pretty sure that more then one person here can assist you in getting this up and running,but this is at least a start. Good Luck.
Rolling Thunder 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Spyder cup seals and tank o-rings are really the only consumables you need to worry about besides the pierce pin, which some
Are already the same threads as a phantom pierce pin and the rest can be drilled/tapped to 1/4-28 to use a phantom pin. That one looks like it’s in pretty stellar shape tbh probably just needs new seals.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mag-icidal Maniac

You're missing the gas transfer port cover (the port is that slot above and forward of the serial number). The gun won't fire without it (it will probably cycle the action, but all the gas that's supposed to go to the bolt will dump out the port instead).

It's just a piece of metal with a gasket and two holes for screws that thread into the holes in the slot, so if you can't find a replacement you should be able to make one pretty easily.

Don't **** with Arsenal....that dudes ****ing crazy.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys for the help dose anyone have any idea where I could find parts?
Old 04-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Core ZX help/info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
You're missing the gas transfer port cover (the port is that slot above and forward of the serial number). The gun won't fire without it (it will probably cycle the action, but all the gas that's supposed to go to the bolt will dump out the port instead).

It's just a piece of metal with a gasket and two holes for screws that thread into the holes in the slot, so if you can't find a replacement you should be able to make one pretty easily.

Would this be this? I donít think I have the screws for it but was in a good bag of parts that was taped to it

Name:  IMG_1554.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  270.2 KB
Old 04-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old Mech's Warrior

The 2 pieces in the lower left are the gasket and cover for the transfer port and the 1 on the right is your detent. Just referenced the parts on the Core ZX i have. Did you get the long plastic covers that are as long as the body with your marker? they look to be more cosmetic than function and shouldn't hinder you if there not there,just curious.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder 67 View Post
The 2 pieces in the lower left are the gasket and cover for the transfer port and the 1 on the right is your detent. Just referenced the parts on the Core ZX i have. Did you get the long plastic covers that are as long as the body with your marker? they look to be more cosmetic than function and shouldn't hinder you if there not there,just curious.

No i wasnít given that just a baggy of parts which wasnít much
Old 04-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Old Mech's Warrior

looks like the most important parts are there. a couple of screws, a quick go through of the o-rings if you feel it necessary and you should be good to go.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms