mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Well, I done up.

After widening the air passages, I snapped the NPT plug in the lower tube during reassembly. Now the hole is stripped to hell. I can't even test my changes until I can get this fixed somehow since it won't hold air.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I freaked mine but havent found much success with it.

Ive actually been thinking of getting rid of mine. I wanted to turn it into a project gun but just never got around to it and lost interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
The more I look into it, I'm thinking that bore size may also play a part in this. From what I can find, the bore size on these things is .711 -- that's freakin' huge. Short of devising a way to Freak bore these things, I'm going to have to figure out how to throw a hotdog down a hallway with this thing and maintain a playable velocity. I may be able to widen the air passages on this thing by drilling out the valve and/or tapering the valve stem closer to the cup seal.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

A freaked pt extreme? That could be a fun project. Shoot me a pm if you ever decide to part with it.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
I'm thinking I'm going to need to pick up a cheap tap & die set to even think about fixing this thing. I'll probably have to drill out the NPT hole and plug it with a wider bolt. I can never have too many tools anyway. This isn't the first time I wished I had a set on hand.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

If this has the valve that is sort of cartridge-esque where the pierce block is one piece with the valve, I've long believed that the way the body shrouds the cupseal is reducing both chamber volume and flow. Planned on opening up the top half with a dremel and drilling holes in the bottom to allow liquid co2 a place to diffuse while increasing chamber volume. Just one of 14 projects sitting around with not enough time to do anything with it.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
A freaked pt extreme? That could be a fun project. Shoot me a pm if you ever decide to part with it.
Been there and done that ... Not as fun as one might imagine.

I believe that the bolt enters the barrel, so you can't simply bore the bore and the insert by trapping it between the bore in the barrel and the body. You could make the bore too long and then add a large inside diameter spacer to allow for the bolt entering the barrel, and for the additional bore length.

The biggest issue is blow by around the bolt and into the feed port. The bolts do not fit well, and do not have orings, nor any place to put said oring. I looked into making bolts to fix the problem, but they are not cost effective to produce (Think $100 bolt in a $20 marker)

JonM, call me sometime and I can walk you through everything I have done to try and reach velocity on a PT Extreme. I can get 230 fps consistently.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

I am not longer accepting work. Sorry.

I do not have any tubing for sale, nor will I be restocking. Once more, sorry.

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Been there and done that ... Not as fun as one might imagine.

I believe that the bolt enters the barrel, so you can't simply bore the bore and the insert by trapping it between the bore in the barrel and the body. You could make the bore too long and then add a large inside diameter spacer to allow for the bolt entering the barrel, and for the additional bore length.

The biggest issue is blow by around the bolt and into the feed port. The bolts do not fit well, and do not have orings, nor any place to put said oring. I looked into making bolts to fix the problem, but they are not cost effective to produce (Think $100 bolt in a $20 marker)

JonM, call me sometime and I can walk you through everything I have done to try and reach velocity on a PT Extreme. I can get 230 fps consistently.

Ty

I cut the barrel in 2 pieces and tapered the inside of the barrel to sandwich the freak insert. The front of the bolt does enter the barrel.

This worked, but admittedly I've never chronod it. I should do that. I may have posted pics already....?
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I like that solution! Better than the way I did it.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

I am not longer accepting work. Sorry.

I do not have any tubing for sale, nor will I be restocking. Once more, sorry.

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post

Ty
Once I fix this royal screw up, I may just do that. I've already made some modifications to the valve, the valve stem and the side air passage. So, provided that the "fixes" didn't make matters worse, I'll either have a working pistol or a shiny paperweight.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Fyi. You have voided my warranty.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

.....................WTB your pball MANUALS......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson677 View Post
But being dumb doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Good dumb people are much better than bad smart people.

Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house. Isaiah 58
Dougefreshe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms