mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
punisher068's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
Do you think it would work with an Enmey frame?
I think member deallen may know,he was the 1st Relay mod I saw,he did it with a SP1\G1 composite frame,Im not sure about the 3way hoses on the Enemy,assume it is similar in size &config. of electro noid without the board&wires so with some rerouting of airlines Id say it could be done

Really need to trade on of my backup Ions for an Enemy
__________________
I'm not THAT Punisher!!
If a Dremmel had t*ts Id marry one!
My feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
deaallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013

Yeah I don't see why It couldn't work with an Enmey frame, I was going to try it as soon as I got hold of my own Enmey but I'm working on a completely custom mech instead now. Its not difficult to fit onto a composite frame, you just need to have the right parts to begin with. The main part is the TM series rail that you can only get with the Empire On/off reg.

As requested, G-1 pistol
Basically I cut the rail down and then threaded it so that It bolts straight onto the bottom the the grip frame - I was a little worried about stripping the threads as they were in raw alloy so I used some carbon steel inserts to get over that problem. The next problem is that the empire rail uses a different thread once you cut so far down, I'm pretty sure its 7/16-20 UNF, so I had to thread the push to fit fitting so it would fit into this - I doubt you'd ever be able to find one in that thread standard.

I've been using that set up all year and even lending it out to mates and I'm yet to have any issues with the mod. Once I turned the OP to high by mistake but it actually split the solenoid housing rather then any of the fittings or pipes so the mods aren't the weak point in the gun!

Structurally its obviously weaker, but I've been using this with normal steelys and large carbon fiber tanks and it hasn't had a problem, the only thing I would worry about is too much leverage being put on the tanks and it breaking the frame - In an ideal world I'd like to get an exact replica of the composite frame milled into alloy
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaallen View Post
Yeah I don't see why It couldn't work with an Enmey frame, I was going to try it as soon as I got hold of my own Enmey but I'm working on a completely custom mech instead now. Its not difficult to fit onto a composite frame, you just need to have the right parts to begin with. The main part is the TM series rail that you can only get with the Empire On/off reg.

As requested, G-1 pistol
Basically I cut the rail down and then threaded it so that It bolts straight onto the bottom the the grip frame - I was a little worried about stripping the threads as they were in raw alloy so I used some carbon steel inserts to get over that problem. The next problem is that the empire rail uses a different thread once you cut so far down, I'm pretty sure its 7/16-20 UNF, so I had to thread the push to fit fitting so it would fit into this - I doubt you'd ever be able to find one in that thread standard.

I've been using that set up all year and even lending it out to mates and I'm yet to have any issues with the mod. Once I turned the OP to high by mistake but it actually split the solenoid housing rather then any of the fittings or pipes so the mods aren't the weak point in the gun!

Structurally its obviously weaker, but I've been using this with normal steelys and large carbon fiber tanks and it hasn't had a problem, the only thing I would worry about is too much leverage being put on the tanks and it breaking the frame - In an ideal world I'd like to get an exact replica of the composite frame milled into alloy

very interesting...

i never thought about milling the rail flat and using screws to hold it in....

for my ions i went with a hole in the bottom of the frame, mount the entire block in and then using some steel 10-32 bushings to hold the mount in the frame
i'd post pics but fb isnt playing nice with my work computer (shop wifi has fb blocked... but normally i can still open it for 5min periods haha)

i will probably relay my enemy after i get back from moving/vacation on the 16th
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
deaallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013

please do post pics when you can though, I'm always interested in knowing different/better ways of doing these mods.

I learnt soo much the first time I did this, much of it was trial and error - so much so that I went through 3 regs and 2 trigger frames for the final G-1 I'm using now
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oregon City, OR

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaallen View Post
please do post pics when you can though, I'm always interested in knowing different/better ways of doing these mods.

I learnt soo much the first time I did this, much of it was trial and error - so much so that I went through 3 regs and 2 trigger frames for the final G-1 I'm using now
ouch

first frame i did i scrapped, i drilled the cross hole off.... by like 1 hole width (forgot the offset/math numbers haha)

i scrapped reg too, well actually just the little brass thing... i stripped the hex out of it trying to get it to seal (only to realize you need to seal the outside of it as well)
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
punisher068's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Think something like this would work?probably not cost effective,may be able to bypass the brass seat ,fitting would also put even pressure on the reg to secure it,Im guessing the one bracket setscrew puts uneven pressure on the reg and causes the leaks between the bracket&reg.sorry for the not scale drawing,Im an amatuer

To the OP Henchmen,hope Im not jacking your thread too much
__________________
I'm not THAT Punisher!!
If a Dremmel had t*ts Id marry one!
My feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
henchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
To the OP Henchmen,hope Im not jacking your thread too much
Not at all. Good ideas.
__________________
Automags retired. Enmeys are the successor.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
henchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Changed grips to the originals. But with painted highlights using Brownells Aluma Hyde II paint.
I like these grips much better now.


Untitled by markwhensley, on Flickr
__________________
Automags retired. Enmeys are the successor.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Mercenario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Valrico, FL

That looks great
Mercenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC