mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to FCFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
If anyone would like an itemized list to do this conversion, let me know.
Hey Man,
Beautifully done! I'd love to see how you did this.
Great Job!

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
FCFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
Good work. Stylish, different.
How do you like the Bob Long reg and L7?
Bob Long reg works as good as any other. I didn't like the appearance of the stock reg and opted for this one. Also its a lot lighter.

I got the L7 for free from a local shop I do business with. Buy so much product, get a bone every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCFER View Post
Hey Man,
Beautifully done! I'd love to see how you did this.
Great Job!
Smartpartsparts.com

# 4 of : Smart Parts Vertical Adapter / Rail Screw [Vibe, SP1]
$6.00
# 2 of : Smart Parts Screw Kit [Sp1,Vibe]
$9.90
# 1 of : SP1101 Smart Parts Body Shell [SP1]
$25.00
# 1 of : SP1103 Smart Parts Feed Tube [SP1]
$8.00
# 1 of : SP1122BLK Smart Parts Weaver Rail - Bottom [SP1]
$5.00
# 1 of : SP1125BLK Smart Parts Body Front Cap [SP1]
$5.00
# 1 of : SP1126 Smart Parts End Cap Plate [SP1]

I figured most screw kits had at least one of every screw, so to save some money, I bought 2 screw kits instead of each and every screw/bolt I needed.

This mod will only work on the XE as the breech design is different between the Ion's.

I had to trim the lower tab off the back cap to make it sit flush with the body:

BoB feature still works :

I had to customize the body to fit the trigger frame. The portion directly in front of the reg ( you can see it in the first pic or the lower left corner of the pic below) had to be trimmed in order to get the body to sit flush on the Ion frame. This is easily done with a dremel.

The rails were then cut down to fit on the modified front. I removed 6 notches from each side, then cut them to fit where I could drill the new modified section, and make it look like it was made to go there. I then glued them in place with rubber cement (shoe goo) in case I had to remove them again.

I also drilled a small hole in front of the front feedneck, in order to attach the breech to the trigger frame, the screw in front, under the barrel.

The entire mod took about 35 minutes.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

What board are you using, are you using a Ion/XE board the vibe/sp1? I'll be getting all the parts in the mail soon but I hope to use my one of my ion boards. I don't think a vibe or sp1 board will fit correctly in the ion grip frame. I could make it work but don't really want to if I don't have to.
Slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

awesome job,would like to do a similar mod and relocate the regulator in the flashlight spot below the breech/barrel.Your opinion,do you think it might work?
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
What board are you using, are you using a Ion/XE board the vibe/sp1? I'll be getting all the parts in the mail soon but I hope to use my one of my ion boards. I don't think a vibe or sp1 board will fit correctly in the ion grip frame. I could make it work but don't really want to if I don't have to.
Its an Ion frame attached to an Ion XE breech/Firing can, covered by a modified SP=1 body.

Board is an Virtue Ion Redefined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
awesome job,would like to do a similar mod and relocate the regulator in the flashlight spot below the breech/barrel.Your opinion,do you think it might work?
Thanks.

That hole is kind of small for a reg. If you can find a reg small enough to fit, it may work, but I think your going to have to bore the hole out more, which may end up going into the barrel area. Go find a Mini Mag flashlight, that's the diameter of the hole. Another option would be mounting the reg in some scope rings on the lower weaver rail. Most people would think it was laser sight or some other milsim gadget.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
Its an Ion frame attached to an Ion XE breech/Firing can, covered by a modified SP=1 body.

Board is an Virtue Ion Redefined.

Thanks.

That hole is kind of small for a reg. If you can find a reg small enough to fit, it may work, but I think your going to have to bore the hole out more, which may end up going into the barrel area. Go find a Mini Mag flashlight, that's the diameter of the hole. Another option would be mounting the reg in some scope rings on the lower weaver rail. Most people would think it was laser sight or some other milsim gadget.
Thanks for the info,think I can sub in a LP reg from an Autococker block in front,looks to be the same size,heard it can be done
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG