mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #1661 (permalink)
Tubular!

CCM Fan
July 20th is right around my wedding anniversary. So that's a no go for me.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1662 (permalink)
My Sarcasm is Legendary

Just so everyone knows where my head is at in regards to Edwards Forest. I’m seriously thinking about dismantling the field. This year and the last we haven’t really taken advantage of it. It has become a major challenge to get enough people to commit and show up to the games we’ve scheduled. Not that I'm pointing fingers. It's just the way things are. Think about it. The year is half way over and we’ve played what? Once? Maybe twice in 2013? And there hasn’t been much mention of wanting to play there . I don’t feel right about leaving the field in tact on a friend property with that little use. Trust me when I say this is not something I want to do. With all the work, money, and time that’s gone in to developing ,maintaining the field and organizing games it breaks my heart. Some of the best times I’ve had playing paintball have been in those woods. If anybody has ideas on how we can get more games under our belt I’m open to suggestions.

The only one I can think of is to spread the word on other forums. The two I maintain are MCB and the FB page we have. If somebody wants to volunteer to take charge of that I’m willing to work with that person. I’d would be willing to run Airsoft games if it meant we could get more people to play something. Like I said I’m open to suggestions people.

MCB Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

PBN Feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=507494

A5OG: https://www.a5og.net/feedback-b-s-t/3...-feedback.html

I play paintball in a Fatsuit.
BIGNUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #1663 (permalink)
Tubular!

CCM Fan
Could try the nation. Nearly all of the active members are tourney ballers, though.

I used to be active on pbreview (was even a mod for a while), but it became plagued with pop-ups & malware issues. Maybe it's better now.
EDIT: Pbreview is DEAD.

I cringe at the thought... but, twitter?

Last edited by nerdcore; 06-19-2013 at 02:04 PM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #1664 (permalink)
Pirate #187

I for one, absolutely do not want to lose the ability to play at Edwards Forest... as always, I'm in to play/work/ref/whatever almost any time. What I don't get, is what happened to everyone???? Is it this area, or are there that few people playing at all anymore? I mean, someone is playing somewhere in Middle TN, right? I would think people would jump at the chance to play for free on a decent woodsball field!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #1665 (permalink)
Sgt. Killroy

Send a message via AIM to Sketch Send a message via Yahoo to Sketch

I think the problem might be some peoples idea of enough people to play a game. I am ready to play a game no matter how many show, I would play solo if I could.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #1666 (permalink)
Sgt. Killroy

I also think we should get together at local fields some time to spread the good times like paintball ambassadors.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #1667 (permalink)
My Sarcasm is Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
I think the problem might be some peoples idea of enough people to play a game. I am ready to play a game no matter how many show, I would play solo if I could.
There is definitely a minimum. Id much rather go to a public field and play with a larger group. Most of the time the price difference between renting tanks and paying to play is only a few bucks. Not to mention getting things organized and then to have half the folks show up late though out the day. Its just not worth it compared to going to a public field.

MCB Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

PBN Feedback
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=507494

A5OG: https://www.a5og.net/feedback-b-s-t/3...-feedback.html

I play paintball in a Fatsuit.
BIGNUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #1668 (permalink)
Sgt. Killroy

ouch, I am sure that was directed directly at me and mine but you have to remember we drive almost three hours just to play with you guys out there. I understand it takes time out of your day to sit there and let us all play till we are done and the earlier the start the earlier the end. which gives you time to maybe do something else but when we decide to play we play all day. (if we can) We just play with you guys and the occasional day at red leg since we have no money or big sponsors to enter tournies like most of you guys.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #1669 (permalink)
Tubular!

CCM Fan
That was in general, not directed at anyone specifically. I've been late before, and others have been late as well. We've had folks that slowly trickled in then slowly trickled out as the day went by. Heck, Wicked had to sneak away from work during lunch once, only to hang out in the deadbox for 30 min.

None of us play tourneys. I don't even know how any of us afford to play, to be honest. That's probably why we mostly prefer outlaw. Big & Invert get paint from a couple big scenarios throughout the year, and slowly use the paint they get there to play outlaw. And now that 2 of the 3 closest fields to us are moving to fpo, we're REALLY trying to get outlaw up and running again.

As for actual head counts, we just prefer big numbers. More players = more intense games, more variety of player styles & skills, more competitive play, and we can best utilize the space provided at Edward's. Sure, we can still play with 4-5 players, but we lose out on that.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #1670 (permalink)
Pirate #187

Sponsors? Lol I wish. As a matter of fact, Big has spent way more of his own money and time than anyone else by far setting up, maintaining, and everything else at EF. A few of us have chipped in cash and work here and there, but what he has done is orders of magnitude greater than anyone else. It kills me that we have so much trouble getting people to come play! And I agree completely with Nerdcore.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast